RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

if its true then it looks like ms and sony are deciding to half ass the specs of the "next gen", but charge enough that they are actually making money on every machine sold. the nintendo route.

and since no company wants to take a risk and push the hardware limits, no company will have a system that outpaces the others. hardware makers win, gamers lose.

then again, maybe no one wants to make an expensive system because they are all going to bundle their consoles with bizarre drm and always online internet requirements and limitations on used games etc etc that they are scared the system might totally flop unless its a cheap buy right from the start....

i really hope all these rumors turn out completely bogus

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Makes sense though, business wise.

Keep the cost of the machine low, 'cause the custom made controller (Kinect 2 for MS, WiiU controller ripoff for Sony?) is gonna add to the cost. People in this economy are not willing to throw out 600 bucks for a new system.

If Sony wants to charge no more than 300-350 bucks, they have to resort to weaker hardware. Not that anybody, except crybabies from Epic Games, really cares nowadays.

i miss the days when a new generation of hardware meant games of previously unthinkable heights.

the jump from the nes to the snes, or from the snes to the n64! i miss those big jumps.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

At this rate, the Shadowrun Kickstarter might double their $400,000 goal. It does look way more interesting than Wasteland too. All the NES and Genesis players must have risen from their graves for this.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

At this rate, the Shadowrun Kickstarter might double their $400,000 goal. It does look way more interesting than Wasteland too. All the NES and Genesis players must have risen from their graves for this.

Yeah I think there is a huge base of fans of this setting and the video games. There is a small update: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts

It's more or less WOW! Um we are working fast to answer all your questions but we do have one game in the final phases that we need to finish then it's full steam on Shadowrun.

I've never played the video games but I LOVE THIS SETTING (the PnP books). <3 <3

i miss the days when a new generation of hardware meant games of previously unthinkable heights.

the jump from the nes to the snes, or from the snes to the n64! i miss those big jumps.

Well we're at the point where graphics can't get much better without TREMENDOUS investment and processing power. So hopefully there'll be less of an emphasis on "Oooh pretty" nad more on "well, that's a nice story" if this all turns out to be true. Only issue is that if you (sony) are constructing a new system, why are you dialing down the processor etc? It seems to me they'd be able to do what they wanted on the current gen, and you'd only be updating firmware.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah I think there is a huge base of fans of this setting and the video games. There is a small update: http://www.kickstart...n-returns/posts

It's more or less WOW! Um we are working fast to answer all your questions but we do have one game in the final phases that we need to finish then it's full steam on Shadowrun.

I've never played the video games but I LOVE THIS SETTING (the PnP books). <3 <3

It's a pity though that nobody seems to give a crap about Jane Jensen's project. And surprising, for such a big name in video game history. Maybe if it was about Gabriel Knight 4 it would've caused as much a bomb as Shadowrun, but I somehow doubt it.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I think I'll donate to Jensen's project.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's a pity though that nobody seems to give a crap about Jane Jensen's project. And surprising, for such a big name in video game history. Maybe if it was about Gabriel Knight 4 it would've caused as much a bomb as Shadowrun, but I somehow doubt it.

I think Grey Matter is what is hurting her project. There really is a split of opinion on that game with Adventure Game Fans. I would suspect that is the reason. However that game was made with a Publisher, and her new games could be fully developed by her, with no publisher influence/demands. And I think that point is not being stressed.

It is a bit sad, but I hope fans of Jane will finally rally around and support this (I am).

I love Jane Jensen, but the prospect of GK4 is far more interesting than GM2. Grey Matter was a good game, but it lacked polish and felt cheap at times. I even forgave it for being super easy because of all the nicely designed puzzles.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I love Jane Jensen, but the prospect of GK4 is far more interesting than GM2. Grey Matter was a good game, but it lacked polish and felt cheap at times. I even forgave it for being super easy because of all the nicely designed puzzles.

The Moebeus game was mentioned as being a GK like game. That's what made it for me.

Her getting the GK Trademark to make a game would be costly, and/or if Activision would want to sell it. Thus this could potentially be a springboard to do that eventually (if she is at all interested in such a project).

Aliens: Colonial Marines multiplayer gameplay (xbox 360 footage)

Looks like they perfectly nailed the looks and feel of Cameron's Magnum Opus.

What can I say? I'm gonna 100% get this - for the right price.

You can kill aliens with a pistol or a shotgun???

I don't think so....

Where's the swarming and the dragging people away...it looks like in the game the aliens just bite them in the skull and that's the end...

Looks like it may be a fun game, but the ad didn't instill in me any feel akin to aliens or alien.

You can kill aliens with a pistol or a shotgun???

I don't think so....

Although I do agree on the pistol bit, Hicks did kill an Alien with a shotgun on the movie.

Vazquez did shoot a couple of aliens too with a pistol after getting stuck on the vents with Gorman. Don't remember if she actually killed any, though.

Mass Effect 3: "Life sucks, then you die."

Alpha Protocol: "Life sucks, then you change that."

Aliens: Colonial Marines multiplayer gameplay (xbox 360 footage)

Looks like they perfectly nailed the looks and feel of Cameron's Magnum Opus.

What can I say? I'm gonna 100% get this - for the right price.

It looks boring.

So hopefully there'll be less of an emphasis on "Oooh pretty" nad more on "well, that's a nice story" if this all turns out to be true. Only issue is that if you (sony) are constructing a new system, why are you dialing down the processor etc? It seems to me they'd be able to do what they wanted on the current gen, and you'd only be updating firmware.

I hope not. "well, that's a nice story" should be a goal for sure, but what I really want is for the emphasis to go on whether or not something is fun to play.

http://www.eurogamer...d-system-report

PS4 won't have backward compatibility. F-you Sony.

As for the "Extended cut": ahahahahahahahahhaah. I can't wait to see how they're going to "tie up" the ME series.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor