SW: The Old Republic Part 3

Yutzing around in my 7 day trial They don't seem to have fixed the Jedi/Sith very much in terms of survivability vs leveling, but I'm having fun just yutzing around on my sorc.

I get the feeling this game in general is going to have a faster burn out rate than most simply because of the VERY linear structure of leveling planets

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, they've launched the first open world event. It kind of reminds me of the zombie thing from WoW, but I suppose that is to be expected with Rakghouls essentially being the zombies i this universe.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

Yutzing around in my 7 day trial They don't seem to have fixed the Jedi/Sith very much in terms of survivability vs leveling, but I'm having fun just yutzing around on my sorc.

I get the feeling this game in general is going to have a faster burn out rate than most simply because of the VERY linear structure of leveling planets

Hm, I hadn't noticed that much of an issue.. Although, on consideration my Sith Inquisitor probably did "die" a fair bit more then my Smuggler... but my Jedi Knight hasn't had survivability issues as such compared to others. Granted, he's still on Act I, so not too far into things....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm, I hadn't noticed that much of an issue.. Although, on consideration my Sith Inquisitor probably did "die" a fair bit more then my Smuggler... but my Jedi Knight hasn't had survivability issues as such compared to others. Granted, he's still on Act I, so not too far into things....

the knight doesn't start to get clobbered till act 2 or 3. I have a knight on belsavis who gets killed in one or two mobs because he's not a tank, and when I keep doc out it takes forever to kill anything Edited by Calax

I started a new Jedi Knight, and things have taken a bit of a dark turn. First I just let those two lovers off the hook, then I decided to partake in some romance of my own. I killed a couple backstabbing Twilek's. But then Bengal Morr (the bad guy on the starter planet) offered to share some secrets to help me defeat the Sith, and I went with it. I ended up reprogramming the droid to cover my tracks, and now I'm holding a pretty sweet looking dark Jedi lightsaber.

I might be on the wrong path!

I found the Inquisitor to be pretty easy. Throw a Static Shield on Val Khem and send him in to tank while you lightning everyones face off. Take the skill that adds 20% to your Static Shield and he can survive the bosses no problem, just keep applying it to him whenever it falls off.

I found the Inquisitor to be pretty easy. Throw a Static Shield on Val Khem and send him in to tank while you lightning everyones face off. Take the skill that adds 20% to your Static Shield and he can survive the bosses no problem, just keep applying it to him whenever it falls off.

Ah, but isn't that just available to the Sith Sorcerer? Not the Inquisitor in general... Unless it's something recent, I can't remember Static Shield on my Assassin..

Yeah, that combo is pretty murderous... it's just I can't stand listening to Khem Var to much.

Edited by Calax

Bio had given me some free time so logged in and tried to form a group to do a heroic quest for half a hour. Meh.

I had thought to give this a second try during summer vacation, but I think I'll just uninstall it now. It's just too much like wow, but with too many heroic quests.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Anyone get infected with the plague yet? It seems like a pretty interesting world event.

I'm just enjoying a few low level alts for now.

I don't think so... on my sorc I had a few rakghouls leap up and get themselves electrocuted for their troubles to give me their DNA.

I had a brief jaunt around Tattooine but didn't actually encounter any Rakghouls... Had that twist show up when I went after Rogun the Butcher.. certainly throws a mental loop into the story.

The Australian players have been given a chance to transfer servers, so I'm hoping it will be opened up to everyone soon. Although I still haven't figured out what should be my home server, I want West Coast and I think I'm happier with the players on RP servers, but I also want a server that isn't dying.

If I can just take my high level trooper off the East coast server, I'll be happy. The rest of my characters are low enough where I won't feel bad about losing them.

I haven't really been having any issues with Corellian Run.. Although having a small guild that's working together certainly adds to a certain camaradie.

The Australian players have been given a chance to transfer servers, so I'm hoping it will be opened up to everyone soon. Although I still haven't figured out what should be my home server, I want West Coast and I think I'm happier with the players on RP servers, but I also want a server that isn't dying.

If I can just take my high level trooper off the East coast server, I'll be happy. The rest of my characters are low enough where I won't feel bad about losing them.

I'm on Vrook Lamar which is a west coast rp server. It's a fairly populated server....normally on "standard" most of the time and gets "heavy" during the early evening. Has a good community of players...at least on the Imperial side but thats the reason why I chose an RP server to begin with.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

Guest Slinky

Anyone get infected with the plague yet? It seems like a pretty interesting world event.

I'm just enjoying a few low level alts for now.

Yeah, there is a non stop infection party going on at my server. People huddle up tightly and spread the plague to others, you get 5 DNA samples every time you die while you are at feverish stage. That is much easier to gather that dna stuff than running around tatooine doing those annoying area quests.

I made a Chiss Consular but the voice acting for him is making me consider making him a Knight or one of the Sith classes instead. Has to be my least favorite voice by far which is weird because the female consular voice is one of my favorites

Free games updated 3/4/21

Heh, found out there's a guild on the public test server, called "Test Guild" that's managed to get about 360 odd folks joined in. Apparently it has periods of absence for a week or so after any big patch, but then gets back into the swing of it. In fact they've got their guild bank up and running and working on the ridiculous levels of money needed to get extra tabs for the bank..

Hm, I have to say I could never decide whether I liked the Sith Inquisitor (male) voice or not..sometimes he had the right tone and delivery, other times not so much...

The Smuggler (male) is quite cheerful as well, certainly captures that feel of a han solo delivery.

I made a Chiss Consular but the voice acting for him is making me consider making him a Knight or one of the Sith classes instead. Has to be my least favorite voice by far which is weird because the female consular voice is one of my favorites

In the beta I made a Mirilan Consular named Hu'ulk. You can probably guess which body type I used. So having a giant green shirtless jedi ripping around with that soft spoken contemplative voice just pulled me out of the game.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hmm, I'm not a fan of the Bounty Hunter male voice. Maybe I should try a woman.

I actually didn't mind it, but I recreated a BH, because of it. My first BH didn't suit the voice.

On the other hand I quite enjoyed the SW VA, it had the right amount of arrogance to it.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif