Xoti also has a summoned weapon that is a Sickle, might be what you're looking at. (Firebrand, Druids summon greatsword) was also in the game files last I checked)

Also, Serafen gets his second Blunderbuss on completion of his companion story arc. Its basically his first Blunderbuss at a higher enchantment level (superb instead of whatever it was).

Iymurra, entirely possible. The numbers and names I listed were just "datamined" via console. The secondary "xoti's sickle" was listed as Hatchet_U_EothasFarmer_Sickle. It didn't have any special abilities however. But considering her Sickle is unique, it would make sense they'd create a 'normal' version for her weapon for purposes of the spiritual weapon spell. Since her Spiritual Weapon (if you take the spell of course) is a sickle & lantern.

Senenleigh, there are 2 Unique Rapiers.

See my post back on page 2.

Sorry, I don't know the locations, I was just providing the numbers since the topic was about distribution of the weapon types.

Edited by KentDA

I wish the game warned you about some types of magical weapons being rare (so you don't take proficiency in them) - at  least BG2 did that with scimitars - it was pretty late in the game that you acquired celestial fury - if you even discover where it is. In PoE 1 for my first game I decide to use morning stars... what a kick in the teeth that was - the only decent one turns up right at the very last part of the game.

If they aren't going to warn people they should balance out the magical weapons or let people enchant ordinary weapons

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

I agree there should be a healthy spread of unique items across weapon types. Josh too acknowledged it in the latest QA Stream and said he’ll mention it to Brandon for the expansions.

On the bright side, in Deadfire there is no penalty for using a weapon you are not proficient with (unless you’re a Devoted) and all proficiencies do is unlock modals (often of dubious utility.) So if you want to switch weapon, you don’t really miss out.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Just to let people know I've added the details of all (non-soulbound) weapons to the official wiki: go here, click on the weapon type and you'll be taken to a "category" page for that weapon from which you can fairly easily find all the uniques.

In most cases where a weapon has a property like "grants X ability" the ability hasn't been added yet as there isn't yet a template for abilities in Deadfire (in a few simply cases they do link to a page with a text description).

Locations for most weapons are not included yet since I used the console to find all this. If you happen to know the location feel free to edit the page to add it. Also upgrades for enchantments aren't included yet but eventually I'd hope that the link to each enchantment page would have a list of possible upgrades.

Hopefully this'll help people plan a bit what weapons they eventually want to use.

• Like 3

all proficiencies do is unlock modals (often of dubious utility.) d

...all proficiencies do is unlock modals (often of dubious utility.)...

Yes, I don't usually bother switching them on, most seem to kill you recovery time to such a high level that you will never make any attacks to see they actual benefits they supposedly give. I would rather they drop these modals and just give you a % bonus to accuracy or damage like In PoE 1

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

The modals are to give you more tactical flexibility (or for very specific builds) rather than to just a straight improvement. I think it's a great system but we won't really see the worth of it until the difficulty is boosted enough to bring them into play.

In theory, against tough enough enemies, it should be well worth sacrificing a little speed or damage with one character in order to lower a specific defensive rating and make the target easier for the rest of the party to hit.

Pike's modal for instance looks like it could be really useful against tough enemies. If the game had any tough enemies in it. Or any pikes.

• 4 months later...

Boeoer, I'm sorry to revive an old topic but I am hoping they add at least ONE more unique weapon to:

Arbalest (maybe two more)

Crossbow (maybe two more)

Battleaxe (maybe two more)

Club

Wait,..the more I list, I'm starting to think maybe half of the weapons are underrepresented instead of listing all of them, I got an idea. Maybe have minimum of three uniques per weapon type. I'm not asking for OP uniques, just a chance to have a selection for your favorite weapon.

Battle Axes now have 4 uniques. :)

- that crappy Flintstone thing that came with the game as pre-order item that nobody uses (forgot the name).

- Magran's Favor

- Oathbreaker's End

- Amra

So maybe those are ok now. The rest I totally agree with.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I like swords (cit.)

Having more swords, however, should not preclude having more weapons of other types. MOAR weapons is always good.

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• 4 weeks later...