Haven't consoled anything but 1h swords seem to be abundant, at least early. You get one right at the digsite and then two amazing 1h swords quite easily once you hit Neketaka (1500gp to repair Whisper) and the talking sword, which can immediately be fully upgraded (which btw cancels Int afflictions for you Berserkers) if you know where to find her original owner

Well that sounds great. I'm running dual wield Skald/Berserker and have been looking into ways to nuke int afflictions.

BTW, are there any sites yet that have the stats/images of various unique items yet?

Edited by Anoregon

I was curious about the spread myself. This is what I found for specific numbers (which may be off due to unusual naming structures). I included Armor, Shields as well as all the other slots (save for grimoires) for completion.

I'm avoiding specific names due to potential spoilers (I know this area is spoiler warning but no need to spoil TOO much!). This also includes companion specific gear as well.

I did notice the Grimoire slot for Wizards is labelled as Grimoire / Trinket. Has anyone found any "trinkets" in game that are equipped in that slot? Or is it simply leftover code and a tooltip that hasn't been updated.

ONE HANDED WEAPONS

DAGGER: 2 Unique, 1 Soulbound

HATCHET: 3 Unique, 1 Companion(Xoti)

RAPIER: 2 Unique

SABER: 8 Unique

STILETTO: 2 Unique

CLUB: 1 Unique

FLAIL: 5 Unique

MACE: 1 Unique, 1 Soulbound

WARHAMMER: 2 Unique

SPEAR: 3 Unique

SWORD: 9 Unique, 1 Soulbound

BATTLE AXE: 2 Unique

TWO HANDED WEAPONS

ESTOC: 3 Unique

PIKE: 2 Unique

GREAT SWORD: 6 Unique

POLLAXE: 1 Unique, 1 Soulbound

QUARTERSTAFF: 3 Unique

MORNING STAR: 3 Unique

RANGED WEAPONS

WAR BOW: 3 Unique

HUNTING BOW: 1 Unique

CROSSBOW: 1 Unique

ARBALEST: 1 Unique

ARQUEBUS: 3 Unique, 1 Soulbound

BLUNDERBUSS: 2 Unique, 2 Companion(Serafen)

PISTOL: 3 Unique

ROD: 3 Unique

SCEPTER: 2 Unique, 1 Companion(Aloth)

WAND: 1 Unique

ARMOR

ROBE: 3 Unique

PADDED ARMOR: 2 Unique, 1 Companion(Maia)

HIDE ARMOR: 2 Unique

LEATHER ARMOR: 3 Unique, 1 Companion(Aloth)

SCALE ARMOR: 2 Unique, 1 Companion(Eder)

BREASTPLATE: 3 Unique, 3 Companion (all Pallegina, and it appears you can only get one of them)

MAIL ARMOR: 3 Unique, 1 Companion(Serafen)

BRIGANDINE: 2 Unique

PLATE ARMOR: 3 Unique

SHIELDS

SMALL SHIELD: 3 Unique, 1 Companion(Xoti)

MEDIUM SHIELD: 3 Unique

LARGE SHIELD: 4 Unique

GEAR

HELM: 20 Unique

NECK: 18 Unique

CLOAK: 14 Unique

GLOVE: 3 Unique

BELT: 8 Unique

RING: 5 Unique

BOOT: 4 Unique

EDIT: Forgot the Gloves! Updated!

EDIT 2: Changed the unique list to account for Companion specific gear.

Edited by KentDA
  • Like 9

The hand slot also has bracers and gauntlets; you may want to do a findgamedata for "hand_" ;)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Haven't consoled anything but 1h swords seem to be abundant, at least early. You get one right at the digsite and then two amazing 1h swords quite easily once you hit Neketaka (1500gp to repair Whisper) and the talking sword, which can immediately be fully upgraded (which btw cancels Int afflictions for you Berserkers) if you know where to find her original owner

Which weapon cancels the int affliction and what does taking the sword to its original owner do compared to manually maxing the soulbond? The sword told me where to go, but I was planning on doing that last...

AndreaColombo, I forgot to include it in that list! My bad. I updated the numbers and included gloves. Total of 5 gloves, 3 that were Unique. I was only listing Uniques and Soulbound items. There are(for example) around 30 non-magical Helms.

Edited by KentDA

I updated the list to specify companion specific gear. IE Hatchet: 3 Unique, 1 Companion(Xoti).

So there are a total of 4 Unique Hatchets, but one of them is Xoti's gear (I haven't looked to see if the gear has a Character Only restriction.)

Yeah, I could have bet money on this, tbh. I mean, let's face it swords and greatswords are THE staple fantasy weapons, arguably. Sabres would also be a sure-fire bet, what with the pirate theme of the game and all. What does surprise me is that battle axes (another staple) are very poorly represented in both PoE's so far. But yeah, a Devoted/Shattered Pillar focused on sabres and dual-wielding just seems like a stupidly brutal choice for mince-meating through the game.

Battle Axe had some amazing choices in PoE1. At least 3-4 viable unique choices.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear swords are in good shape. There wasn't any powerful options in PoE1 and I'm a sucker for the classic longsword + shield combo. Now if only small shields didn't look so horrible >.<

Can anyone tell me if there is a clear cut(get it) more powerful option between longsword and greatsword. Also I would take into account how early you have access to powerful options. Don't want to be 20 hours in before I get something good :)

Thanks for the help, Devoted makes me nervous about a bad choice hehe.

I'd like to add as well.....is dual wielding or 2hed performing better? or are we pretty equal atm.

Edited by Mocker22

I'd imagine the uneven distribution is due to backers choosing to design swords/sabres more often than other weapon types. Particularly in the case of sabres, given it matches the pirate theme. I was originally planning to go with a bow but ended up preferring a backstory that tied back in the Deadfire region and went with a sabre. Given the breakdown, maybe the bow would have been more useful for players though.   

Which weapon cancels the int affliction and what does taking the sword to its original owner do compared to manually maxing the soulbond? The sword told me where to go, but I was planning on doing that last...

Well, I'll answer my own question. Modwyr grants the immunity to Intellect afflictions once you complete her soulbond. She also seems like an excellent, endgame-worthy sword. Legendary (for 30k gold), lash, stacking attack speed buff, immunity to intellect afflictions and gives a stunning per-encounter attack.

Edited by Clerith

^ very strong contender with Whispers of the Endless Paths for the best endgame weapon, then. Looks like I’m undecided again XD

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Omg, where?!

Well, I'll answer my own question. Modwyr grants the immunity to Intellect afflictions once you complete her soulbond. She also seems like an excellent, endgame-worthy sword. Legendary (for 30k gold), lash, stacking attack speed buff, immunity to intellect afflictions and gives a stunning per-encounter attack.

Unfortunately, the attack buff is only triggered by auto attacks not abilities as far as I can tell. Considering that most battles are over relatively quickly (playing on veteran), I never have more than a few stacks of the buff.

This issue kinda reminds me of the portrait-race imbalance, where some races have many options and others none...

Yeah, you've got to love the fact that the game which takes place in the Deadfire Archipelago and involves the Huana more than anyone else... only has one fitting portrait for the Island Aumaua.

• Like 1

Had some time while doing laundry to look at some of the Uniques and the enchantment options.

Enchantments are far more than strengthening some aspect of the weapon. One weapon (for example) has a penalty & buff built into the same enchantment. You can either eliminate the penalty and reduce the buff or you can increase the penalty AND the buff.

Some enchantments also ADD extra features. Like going from a straight +burn damage to "+burn damage AND portion of the burn damage heals you".

I can see why the number of "uniques" seems smaller in this game. There is a lot more variety when you take into account the variety of ways you can enchant the same weapon.

I just wish there was a better spread. I mean, there is ONE unique club and you can buy it in Port Maje. Though I must admit that one club is pretty nasty.

• Like 1

Hi, I searched for all unique weapons via console just to get an idea what my first character (after hours of restarteritis) wants to specialize in.

While there are several (awesome) unique great swords and especially lots of sabres (like - a LOT of unique sabres) there are only two morning stars, only one Pollaxe (and one soulbound), two pikes and so on. Most weapon types besides great swords and sabres only seem to have two uniques.

I guess this is due to the new enchantment system - all enchantments are unique as well and require a lot of work, so it's understandable that there are less unique weapons. But why are they so weirdly distributed? Or did I miss some weapons that maybe don't follow the naming pattern?

By the way: you can't go wrong with a "Devoted to great sword" in Deadfire. ;)

Not surprising really. Most RPGs focus on swords since they're the most popular.

Do you know if the int affliction immunity is regardless of class? I know when you soulbind Modwyr you have to choose which class to bind her as if multiclassed.

It could also be people that backed at the level to create a weapon.  I know I did, and I avoided swords like the plague.  I figured everyone and their mom would make a Sword. 

I made a Flail.  Sungrazer.  You are welcome.  :p

As someone who's favorite weapon in Diablo 2 was General Tan Do Li Ga's flail, I thank you

• Like 1

Do you know if the int affliction immunity is regardless of class? I know when you soulbind Modwyr you have to choose which class to bind her as if multiclassed.

Modwyr

becomes fully upgraded and non-soulbound after a certain result from her quest.

Modwyr

becomes fully upgraded and non-soulbound after a certain result from her quest.

Thanks for clearing that up! Being stuck at work sucks, I gotta get home and do ladysword stuff.

Not surprising really. Most RPGs focus on swords since they're the most popular.

Me, I'm the odd bloke. I tend to prefer things that aren't popular. Given a choice of weapons I'll go for Staff, Flail or Two Handed Maul. Given a choice of elemental magics I'll go for Water or Air (or derivatives). There are weapons that are cool but don't get the attention they deserve. The same is true of elemental magic.

If it was possible to CREATE weapons in the engine (being realistic) I'd be working on ideas to increase the number of choices to at least 4-5 for every weapon. Sadly, looking at the enchantment system, it sounds like creating even ONE unique weapon would be an act of congress.

Even if we didn't create unique skins, I'm sure creating and adding a weapon into the game wouldn't be easy to do from the player side.

Me, I'm the odd bloke. I tend to prefer things that aren't popular. Given a choice of weapons I'll go for Staff, Flail or Two Handed Maul. Given a choice of elemental magics I'll go for Water or Air (or derivatives). There are weapons that are cool but don't get the attention they deserve. The same is true of elemental magic.

If it was possible to CREATE weapons in the engine (being realistic) I'd be working on ideas to increase the number of choices to at least 4-5 for every weapon. Sadly, looking at the enchantment system, it sounds like creating even ONE unique weapon would be an act of congress.

Even if we didn't create unique skins, I'm sure creating and adding a weapon into the game wouldn't be easy to do from the player side.

Even altering existing weapons will be a pain in the ass in PoE2. All weapons and items appear to be in the same .unity3d file with their files mixed in together. Telling which monobehavior entry goes with which weapon will be horribly labor intensive.

I am looking at learning how to mod. Figure it'll keep me busy. As I know there are a number of things people aren't happy with (many modals have received a number of complaints for example).

Starting with easy stuff, tweaking (keeping same point total) stats for companions. Easy stuff. Technically "cheating" but since I'm not changing the stat total, I think its reasonable. And I'm not doing a min-max of things like Aloth with a 4 Constitution.

Eventually I'll see if I can understand more complex stuff.

I may view numbers as a necessary evil, but it can still be interesting understanding how the numbers work.

Eventually maybe I'll embrace making small tweaks to weapons. Maybe.

I am looking at learning how to mod. Figure it'll keep me busy. As I know there are a number of things people aren't happy with (many modals have received a number of complaints for example).

Starting with easy stuff, tweaking (keeping same point total) stats for companions. Easy stuff. Technically "cheating" but since I'm not changing the stat total, I think its reasonable. And I'm not doing a min-max of things like Aloth with a 4 Constitution.

Eventually I'll see if I can understand more complex stuff.

I may view numbers as a necessary evil, but it can still be interesting understanding how the numbers work.

Eventually maybe I'll embrace making small tweaks to weapons. Maybe.

I think the modals are fine. The only issue I have is with the cast times for summoned weapons. If I planned on going full wizard I'd also complain about Citzel's Enchanted Armory (it needs more than just a cast time adjustment), but I'm not. Only all things seem okay. Not saying I wouldn't love to tweak this and that to satisfy my tastes, but nothing else is glaringly broken.

if you figure out how to mod the game PLEASE let the rest of us know.

Edited by nstgc

I was just using the models as one thing I've seen a chunk of complaints on. I know I'm not the only one who is working on this. There were folks who made tweaks and changes during the beta as well. Anyway, back on topic!

Not really sure what else (besides discussing specific weapons) that can be said. Each enchanted weapon really has a lot of variety and deciding which route to take on enchantment is important.

Soulbound weapons are easy as they have a single route, but weapons you can enchant have several upgrade paths. That is something that I find interesting and couldn't have been easy to design.