Beckoner is always going to be the best summoner. Single class or multi I'm not sure. Multi loses out on the best summon in the game (Dragon), but that's going to be a non-issue for the vast majority of your playtime anyway. I know there was a lot of theorcrafting around a Pally/Beckoner mix that seemed very strong due to being able to buff your summons via pally skills.

I barely played but my problem with a Beckoner is how short the summons lasts. I find they go away too quickly and they you want a while before respawning some more. I miss the days of PoE1 when they lasted the whole fight or you'd just keep one foe disabled and go on a rampage with all your summons.

What about a Troubadour with Brisk chanting, with the longer lasting summons and faster chanting, they'd always be up. You'd lose your damage burst but you could maintain them all the time, however you'd lose on having an overlapping chant but if all you use is Mith Fyr then you wouldn't lose much no?

Also how long does Shared Flames last? Only on their next attack? If you miss yours do they still get the bonus?

Oh and one last thing, why do some chant say that they last 10sec when a chant only lasts 6sec+linger? I think tried taking a Troubadour with Brisk and chanting a chant that said it lasted 6sec but it only lasted 3sec...

• Like 1

With more power levels and more INT the summons last longer.

Does this mean Nature Godlike would increase the duration of summons (any clue by how much)? What would be an easy way to keep this buff up for a pure Beckoner?

Edited by i3ri

I heard summons can use empower unlimited times.

Untrue. I just used it on skeletons and a charge was 1 less after combat ended.

I said summons not summoner, u can control your drake and use its empower unlimited times.

Well the skill I used it on has "Summon" tag.  https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/If+their+Bones+Still+Slept+Under+that+Hill,+None+Can+Say

I guess its only high lvl summons? Have u tried it. 

I heard summons can use empower unlimited times.

Untrue. I just used it on skeletons and a charge was 1 less after combat ended.

I said summons not summoner, u can control your drake and use its empower unlimited times.

Well the skill I used it on has "Summon" tag.  https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/If+their+Bones+Still+Slept+Under+that+Hill,+None+Can+Say

I guess its only high lvl summons? Have u tried it. 

It might be a high level thing. I tried to use the Empower of the Wyrms and it didn't work either.

Edited by Maxzero

I barely played but my problem with a Beckoner is how short the summons lasts. I find they go away too quickly and they you want a while before respawning some more. I miss the days of PoE1 when they lasted the whole fight or you'd just keep one foe disabled and go on a rampage with all your summons.

What about a Troubadour with Brisk chanting, with the longer lasting summons and faster chanting, they'd always be up. You'd lose your damage burst but you could maintain them all the time, however you'd lose on having an overlapping chant but if all you use is Mith Fyr then you wouldn't lose much no?

Also how long does Shared Flames last? Only on their next attack? If you miss yours do they still get the bonus?

Oh and one last thing, why do some chant say that they last 10sec when a chant only lasts 6sec+linger? I think tried taking a Troubadour with Brisk and chanting a chant that said it lasted 6sec but it only lasted 3sec...

Just tested a Paladin(shield barer)/troubadour yesterday and imo its a better sub than Beckoner. The # 1 problem i've found with summons is the time it takes to use the incantation. I'd much rathe have less summon out but at full power than having to recast summons many times per fight because they die/expire quickly.

For a tank i've found it's easy to get the summons out in the beginning of a fight. What i do is use brisk to get a summon (meat shield) out quickly and then turn it off to get the effects of 2 chants at once for me, my pets and my melee companions. So far it works really well. My stats are 16res, 14con, 14int, 14perception. Im think more and more about restarting to switch from perception to dex. I would also lower con by 2 to get an extra point of int and dex. Not sure yet.

• Like 1

The Drake has its own empower pool. Not "use empowered summoning" but "use the empower of the Drake".

Correct.

So a Beckoner can summon 2 Drakes with their own Empowers? Does each Drake summoning have it's own set of Empower pools?

Does that mean a Beckoner gets basically unlimited Empowers for their own class?

Edited by Maxzero

The Drake has its own empower pool. Not "use empowered summoning" but "use the empower of the Drake".

Correct.

So a Beckoner can summon 2 Drakes with their own Empowers? Does each Drake summoning have it's own set of Empower pools?

Does that mean a Beckoner gets basically unlimited Empowers for their own class?

No... it means your summoned Drake can use it's own Empower point to empower it's ability like Wing Slam, and currently they have unlimited points.

So would you go for Beckoner or Trabadour (potentially more up time?) for a pure Chanter Summoner build? 

Beckoner may get twice the Summons via Evocation but Trabodour will get twice the skeletons from that skelly chant or if the dmg buff chants stack and go to summons help the summons out more?

Correct.

Ahhh everything makes sense now lol.

I guess I won't be multi-classing my Chanter now, that sounds amazing.  If you are a Beckoner do both do this?

Edited by Dongom