[Framerate] General Framerate Problems.

hamskii

Question

Greetings Silvaren,

Thanks for your post! We have a bug with the drivers currently in our system. Are you able to provide an output.log to help us investigate the cause of the issue?

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I've been seeing this myself. I tried switching from windowed mode to full screen, at which the point the game hit a black screen (with cursor) and refused to reload. I had to reboot my machine, and steam is now making me reinstall.

I think I may have the same problem, though I'd call it "short freezes/stutters" once every ~3s. Not something I experienced in beta, but now it's making things pretty much unplayable.

• Like 3

Haven't played for long, but the game ran smoothly until I went into the first cave on the beach. Inside I had short freezes every two seconds, no matter how much I fiddled with the settings. Once I got out of the cave the game ran smoothly again.

Edited by smaddicted

I, also am experiencing this. I have tried different window settings, different video settings, letting the graphics card handle as much of the game as possible and vice versa. I have restarted the game twice and my PC once. The lag spikes are still happening. I am going to try to disable the auto cloud save game feature, see if that helps. I noticed as I have two monitors, that on the bottom of the Steam client, on my left monitor and me playing on the right, I keep getting the little green lines of downloading every few seconds. Like it's constantly updating or downloading something. It's a split second download then nothing, then it does it again every few seconds. 

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem until I restarted the game. It downloaded something and now it runs okay. I know it's not great advice but hey, if it worked once it may work again. Best of luck to you.

I noticed as I have two monitors, that on the bottom of the Steam client, on my left monitor and me playing on the right, I keep getting the little green lines of downloading every few seconds. Like it's constantly updating or downloading something. It's a split second download then nothing, then it does it again every few seconds. 

Hope this helps.

This was exactly what was happening to me. I closed the game, waited for it to finish the download and then started it again, and it as running fine. Are you all using Steam version? It may have something to do with that annoying "update".

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 2

I had the same problem until I restarted the game. It downloaded something and now it runs okay. I know it's not great advice but hey, if it worked once it may work again. Best of luck to you.

Hmm, I restarted the game and all seems right now... fingers crossed :)

• Like 1

I also had the issue.  I restarted and everything seems OK.  I THINK Steam was downloading something.  I would not be surprised if the game does have a memory leak though.  It is Unity.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

I have the same issue. Restarting the game (and downloading the small file) quite sadly did not fix the issue for me.

At the very beginning of the game, on the beach, I can see the stutter happening far more frequently if I'm standing on the ship. While standing on the beach with a screen full of sand, my FPS is around 138 but the animation sometime "chops" (as someone else said) or stutters at slow intervals. When standing on the ship, my FPS is at 120 but very frequently/quickly chops.

I have tried disabling telemetry, tried reducing graphics to the minimum, switching to windowed, disabling vsync, and playing with the options in my drivers. I've tried reinstalling the redists in the game folder just in case and also verifying the files on Steam. I've quite sadly not found a solution for my case.

Windows 10

GPU: Radeon 390

Note: It is a 144hz monitor, in case people wonder about the FPS.

Disabling telemetry has quite sadly not fixed the issue for me. In my case I can find specific spots on a map where it stutters more often, so I imagine it could be related to some graphical effect or to some assets. Changing graphic settings didn't fix the stutter tho.

I had this same problem (without FPS dropping) after about 1-2 hrs playing straight last night. Part of me feels like it's the new auto-move camera option. I didn't turn that option off though, I simply closed the game out and Steam out, reloaded and I haven't had the problem since.

i5 6000k 3.5ghz Skylake

1070 GTX

16GB Ram