Early Access Stream Friday 8am EST

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but for those who might want to sneak a peek at the game and can't because they're at work, there will be some early access streams on Saturday and Sunday, courtesy of DistractedElf and bluejay:

https://twitter.com/DistractedElf/status/992174323388506112

https://www.twitch.tv/distractedelf

https://twitter.com/bluejay_712/status/992077906074468352

https://www.twitch.tv/bluejay

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Don't want to sound negative as I'm still waiting impatiently for May 8th, but one thing that I noticed in the video above is that they are actually reusing icons for abilities like in beta... In some cases you have the same icon used twice in the same row. Don't like this thing one bit, it's not a major thing but definitely gives the impression of cutting corners.

• Like 1

Minor Avatar has received a nerf. Instead of adding +8 to all Attributes it gives all six of the lowest tier Inspirations (so +5). I don't mind that it gives less of a bonus to each Attribute, but by using the Inspirations rather than straight up bonuses it won't stack on top of existing Inspirations.

Don't want to sound negative as I'm still waiting impatiently for May 8th, but one thing that I noticed in the video above is that they are actually reusing icons for abilities like in beta... In some cases you have the same icon used twice in the same row. Don't like this thing one bit, it's not a major thing but definitely gives the impression of cutting corners.

Yep. They stated that they weren't going to change it sadly.

CC is only showing abilities up to level 9 (character level 18). Is he forgetting to scroll down or should we expect 19 and 20 stuff via DLC?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

CC is only showing abilities up to level 9 (character level 18). Is he forgetting to scroll down or should we expect 19 and 20 stuff via DLC?

Power level stop at 9 and you get access to it at level 19, not 18.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Minor Avatar has received a nerf. Instead of adding +8 to all Attributes it gives all six of the lowest tier Inspirations (so +5). I don't mind that it gives less of a bonus to each Attribute, but by using the Inspirations rather than straight up bonuses it won't stack on top of existing Inspirations.

Yep. They stated that they weren't going to change it sadly.

On one side it is a nerf because u get less status. But on another side, it prevents u from one cast of each type of affliction. I consider it as an uptune.

It's also why that fighter lvl 8 inspiration ability is so great. You are immune to all afflictions with that buff, for one time.

Edited by dunehunter

On one side it is a nerf because u get less status. But on another side, it prevents u from one cast of each type of affliction. I consider it as an uptune.

This is true. Also I'm super hyped for Spiritual Ally and Incarnate so I can forgive the nerf. I love summons and there are a lot more in Deadfire it seems.

Some classes have so few 8-9 level abilities and far from all of them have that oompf feel :getlost: . Rogue, for example, doesn't look worth single classing. 

Ranger seems to be in the same boat.  The bottom right of both the Ranger and Rogue ability trees seem to be completely empty.  I wonder if the Devs just came up short on ideas because these two classes feel like they are about half a class.  Both seem like MC material because of the lack of high level abilities. 

Some classes have so few 8-9 level abilities and far from all of them have that oompf feel :getlost: . Rogue, for example, doesn't look worth single classing.

Same as ranger, the only good side of twin shot is that it’s basically a ‘full attack’ ability for 2h weapons. And that lvl 9 ability lol?

• Like 1

Some classes have so few 8-9 level abilities and far from all of them have that oompf feel :getlost: . Rogue, for example, doesn't look worth single classing. 

Ranger seems to be in the same boat.  The bottom right of both the Ranger and Rogue ability trees seem to be completely empty.  I wonder if the Devs just came up short on ideas because these two classes feel like they are about half a class.  Both seem like MC material because of the lack of high level abilities. 

That's what I thought. Guess I'm gonna multiclass that rogue with a fighter.

Power level stop at 9 and you get access to it at level 19, not 18.

Huh that's odd. I thought you got a new power level at each odd character level (assuming single class) so PL N would be at CL 2N-1 i.e. PL 9 would be at CL 17.

It slowdown after level 13. See the table in the multiclassing update.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Some classes have so few 8-9 level abilities and far from all of them have that oompf feel :getlost: . Rogue, for example, doesn't look worth single classing.

Ranger seems to be in the same boat. The bottom right of both the Ranger and Rogue ability trees seem to be completely empty. I wonder if the Devs just came up short on ideas because these two classes feel like they are about half a class. Both seem like MC material because of the lack of high level abilities.

That's what I thought. Guess I'm gonna multiclass that rogue with a fighter.

Also at first glance, that stunning shot is just the same as barbarian's lvl 5 passive, isn't it? A lvl 9 ability does same thing as a lvl 5 one?

I thought the game is pretty balanced in beta 4, but when I saw the full ability tree, I'm kinda worried.

Edited by dunehunter

Also, what's up with Xoti's thick southern American accent? Is that Readceras or Ixamitl plains accent?

My first guess was Ixamitl, but Zahua doesn't speak with an accent, so... who knows.

Also, what's up with Xoti's thick southern American accent? Is that Readceras or Ixamitl plains accent?

My first guess was Ixamitl, but Zahua doesn't speak with an accent, so... who knows.

True that. Probably Readceras then. I'm guessing since Eder also has that type of southern sounding accent and both Dyrwood and Readceras are Aedyr's former colonies it's just like irl USA and Great Britain accent thing going on. Aedyrans should probably sound more like British then, lol.

Edited by Aramintai