The Deadfire Scavenger Codes - WE FOUND THEM ALL - Cutthroat Cosmo! - Bonus Pets!

The marketing for this game all but halted once the codes were announced. Almost nothing from Josh on his Twitter or Tumblr, nothing from @WorldofEternity, nothing in the way of announced content coming up to celebrate the last two weeks of the game. It's not exactly troubling, but the silence is growing deafening. 

Don't know if the code redemption paged is buggy or not, but it says i only have 32/55 even though i have all 33 entered. :blink:

The websites bugs if you got it open for to long, simply refresh and reenter the codes and it will work  :biggrin:

I did try this already, but no luck. Thanks for the help though :sorcerer:

We always give for granted that all the codes are going to be released before the game, but what if this isn't the case? While highly unlikely there's this possibility.

"What if" indeed.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Im kinda worried where the codes at, have not seen any last 4 days and 18 days left and 22 codes =S

5 codes were found in stuff released on Mar 26. And several other days with multiple codes. A gap while people get caught up is not a bad marketing choice right now. I'm thinking there will be a lot of posts with a lot of links to stuff with codes starting in a couple days and running straight through the launch. They probably want promotion to peak in the last 2-3 days before the game comes out, as that will increase people's awareness at the optimum time.

• Like 3

The marketing for this game all but halted once the codes were announced. Almost nothing from Josh on his Twitter or Tumblr, nothing from @WorldofEternity, nothing in the way of announced content coming up to celebrate the last two weeks of the game. It's not exactly troubling, but the silence is growing deafening. 

In the last three days I've started seeing PoE2 advertisements on youtube. So there's that.

In the last three days I've started seeing PoE2 advertisements on youtube. So there's that.

I'm not a game developer, but I have released Wolf3d mods in the past and from just that LITTLE bit of "game development," I can tell you that they are FOR SURE swamped and SUPER busy with all things Deadfire as the deadline grows closer.

This isn't a huge dev with a major publisher backing them and their marketing team probably consists of a handful of individuals at most. In my eyes, they have done a solid job with marketing Deadfire, when all things are taken into account.

Worry not, the game will get a lot of praise when it releases and when it eventually releases for the consoles, word will spread even more.

I'm not a game developer, but I have released Wolf3d mods in the past and from just that LITTLE bit of "game development," I can tell you that they are FOR SURE swamped and SUPER busy with all things Deadfire as the deadline grows closer.

This isn't a huge dev with a major publisher backing them and their marketing team probably consists of a handful of individuals at most. In my eyes, they have done a solid job with marketing Deadfire, when all things are taken into account.

Worry not, the game will get a lot of praise when it releases and when it eventually releases for the consoles, word will spread even more.

Yeah, but marketing folks shouldn't be working on finalizing art assets, bug fixing/coding, AI logic, game balance, Q&A, or the like. What are they up to!? :)

Edited by bleedthefreak

Yeah, but marketing folks shouldn't be working on finalizing art assets, bug fixing/coding, AI logic, game balance, Q&A, or the like. What are they up to!? :)

Keeping the powder dry. If you know that you can only generate peak hype for 5 days (to pull a number out of my ass), then you don’t pull the trigger on that 15 days before you launch.
  • Like 4

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

For whatever reason the continuity of code releases has halted, nothing to fear!

Personally, my hats off to Obsidian for the marketing, I think they've been top notch and managed the hype train very creatively. I initially was a little disgruntled that they were releasing spotlights for NPC companions as I'd like to be surprised as to whom im meeting rather than know beforehand but its no big deal.

To be honest, I would not consider Obsidian to be military in their discipline for marketing; its easy to benchmark  against the likes of corporates and big players like Blizzard Activision who are much bigger organisations and carry the same expectations. However, as mentioned above, there is a handful of individuals at most and I'm sure at this stage they're buzzing with things to do.

15 days to go!

• Like 1

For whatever reason the continuity of code releases has halted, nothing to fear!

Personally, my hats off to Obsidian for the marketing, I think they've been top notch and managed the hype train very creatively. I initially was a little disgruntled that they were releasing spotlights for NPC companions as I'd like to be surprised as to whom im meeting rather than know beforehand but its no big deal.

To be honest, I would not consider Obsidian to be military in their discipline for marketing; its easy to benchmark  against the likes of corporates and big players like Blizzard Activision who are much bigger organisations and carry the same expectations. However, as mentioned above, there is a handful of individuals at most and I'm sure at this stage they're buzzing with things to do.

15 days to go!

Unless they postpone again... That would explain why no new codes are released.

Uh oh. First one to come from an individual and *not* Obsidian/Vs Evil?

• Like 1

Uh oh. First one to come from an individual and *not* Obsidian/Vs Evil?

Oops! :p

ve6Q4Rb.png

Whew

15 days to go!

You could be right! Although I have a gut feeling they've committed to this date(I pray).

As i speak a new code is up! Thanks for the share :)

• Like 1

To be honest, I would not consider Obsidian to be military in their discipline for marketing; its easy to benchmark against the likes of corporates and big players like Blizzard Activision who are much bigger organisations and carry the same expectations. However, as mentioned above, there is a handful of individuals at most and I'm sure at this stage they're buzzing with things to do.

15 days to go!

You could be right! Although I have a gut feeling they've committed to this date(I pray).

Josh mentioned in his talk the other day that Deadfire is finished. I have to imagine that they needed to have the completed game to the manufacture a while ago in order to have disks inside the packages that go on shelves, get shipped to Backers, etc.

To be honest, I would not consider Obsidian to be military in their discipline for marketing; its easy to benchmark against the likes of corporates and big players like Blizzard Activision who are much bigger organisations and carry the same expectations. However, as mentioned above, there is a handful of individuals at most and I'm sure at this stage they're buzzing with things to do.

15 days to go!

Josh mentioned in his talk the other day that Deadfire is finished. I have to imagine that they needed to have the completed game to the manufacture a while ago in order to have disks inside the packages that go on shelves, get shipped to Backers, etc.

Interesting. I don't remember there being an announcement that they were gold certified.

15 days to go!

Interesting. I don't remember there being an announcement that they were gold certified.
You didn’t get it? Have you checked the spam folder?
  • Like 1