The Political Quinceañera Thread

Blarghagh

The stock market panic is pretty funny, everyone is acting like the correction is a crash... Poor unintelligibles are trying to somehow relate/blame the drop to political scurry but don't know the difference lol

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/06/stock-market-fall-correction-crash-shares

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

A crash would be something more akin to the 22% drop that happened in the 1980's, this one as a percentage was only like 4%. Certainly looks dramatic compared to the constant upwards movement that the stocks have been going in for a while.

Edited by smjjames

Yep, exactly!

It's just funny how the panic spread so quickly yesterday, the interruption of the tax reform speech in order to cover the stock drop. Instantly, people questioned the economic growth and success because of the drop. Of course these are people who have no business knowledge so it just tickled me a bit is all.

I mean, with more and more knowledge of the stock drive, a reset is normal and certainly was due so it (in hindsight) will only support the acknowledgement of economic success, as corrections are daunted upon resets - as has always been cased in history of Wall Street's stock trade.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Joys of a 24 hours news cycle.  Local news here was pretty calm about it, said they can't call it either way after just 2 days. 

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4% drop is clear indication that investors don't believe that current economic measures will bring growth at least on short-term view, so they are shorting stocks. Which is not best development for Trump and GOP who marketed their tax cuts to bring economical growth, as markets are betting opposite effect, even though stocks it is probable that stock will soon turn back to growth after prices have drop enough for shorters to start buy stocks again, such drop will most likely reflect badly on GOP's claims about economical growth which isn't necessary thing that you want to happen during election year. 

Are we sure this isn't what the GOP want? There is a lot of profit to be made by shorting stocks, dipping the market and buying low. I'm sure there are people who saw this coming and have been offloading for a while now. Some people really love recessions.

Trump likes veterans who didn't lose their legs in the line of duty.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Are we sure this isn't what the GOP want? There is a lot of profit to be made by shorting stocks, dipping the market and buying low. I'm sure there are people who saw this coming and have been offloading for a while now. Some people really love recessions.

Most likely there are republicans who are happy about this turn of the events, but members of GOP in congress and Trump have parroted narrative about how stock market growth shows what economy growing under their leadership and for said narrative big stock market drops isn't best turn of the events.

Edited by Elerond

Yeah, it's actually back to normal now :p

L0L LOGIC. Does this to 'protect' international reputation... yet the act of doing this hurts said rep. BRILLIANT.

He sounds like my boss.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

L0L LOGIC. Does this to 'protect' international reputation... yet the act of doing this hurts said rep. BRILLIANT.

I like that excuse, let's protect our international reputation by limiting what our own citizens can say

not that I agree with any censorship, but most EU states have some hate speech laws, not sure how this one is different

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

And we don't give those countries any credit for limiting their free speech either

To say it's to protect their own image is a weak argument 

Also, is it hate speech to say that some Poles may have sided with the Nazis? That doesn't mean all of Poland is complicit.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Well I'm trying to avoid putting political related jokes in the funny things thread to keep politics out of one place. ;)

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."