The Movie Thread Returns

Amentep

Yeah well since you all get upset there are things far worse to get upset over.... the movie Bitch (2017) this was ironically funny but at the same time very sad and upsetting this in spoilers:

The man a minor boss tries to have sexual thing with his coworker a beautiful woman (not loyal to his wife), but this time the coworker stops him. Stop! I have been fired you need to do something about it!

Man? Ok no worries even if whole your department would have been fixed I go and fix it...

Minor boss a bit nervously goes to the big boss room...

After a while he says.... you fired Mary Ann (or whatever she was called)... certainly there must have been a mistake.

Big boss: Who is Mary Ann?

Minor Boss: She works at the second department....

Big boss: That is correct I fired the whole department 197 people god damn right!

Minor boss. Well is there not something we can do about that?

Big Boss: You really don't understand in what situation we are in do you?

Read this .... if you want to sign (and take blaim for this ) do that...

Minor Boss: reads and pales and backs away... I guess it was nothing sir.

Edited by Terminator

Well now giving review of this finally Tuntematon Sotilas = Unknown Soldier... is based on a book but author did reserach about the war NAZI Germany and Finland attacking Russia that war.

Tuntematon sotilas (2017)

+ Interesting.

+ They speak native FInnish language you need subtitles.

+ War

+ Personal Drama

Neutral: "A film adaptation of Väinö Linna's best selling novel The Unknown Soldier (1954) and the novel's unedited manuscript version, Sotaromaani."

- Negative side only towards end.

- The movie does not show how it really ended for the "invinvincible" Rusian front attack.

My vote: 7/10 good movie

Here is the thing this is only based on a book.  The real war in spoiler.

In real war Russia demanded unconditional surrender from Finland i.e lay down your arms and get occupied. Finland my country answered never but tried in vain diplomacy but Russia was having nothing of it.

Russia was let conquer their own areas back but when they attacked with wast bigger army overconfident  to invade whole Finland... time by time they suffered heavy losses. Finland Elite and even a little bit German Elite soldiers waited for them...

There were many attacks along different places on the border were utterly destroyed.... much telling that in one particular battle Russians was lured to get really into FInland but then they came to a trap Finland wanted them to come so they can kill them... Russians became so panicked after a long while after the slaughter had started  so whole functioning tanks were left behind when Russians fled in panic.

After suffering numerous defeats across Finland Russia let know that the "unconditional" surrender was  a misunderstanding. Peace was solved between Finland and Russia. I have done  mandatory military service in Finland if you are man and become 18+ age you must either do civil service like work for free one year or do military service. Women can do military service voluntary.

From English Wikpedia:

A few battles were fought in the latter stages of the war. The last of them was the Battle of Ilomantsi from 26 July to 13 August 1944; a Finnish victory where two Soviet divisions were decimated in a motti.

==>

The Soviet peace terms that arrived on 29 August 1944

Reiter stated that the fear of severe losses pushed Stalin to accept a limited outcome in the war rather than pursue annexation—although some Soviet documentation called for military occupation of Finland.

He believed that in the end "Stalin's desire to crush Hitler quickly and decisively without distraction from the Finnish sideshow" concluded the war.[166]

I must say English Wikpedia is different from Finnish Wikpedia.  The situation was true that both Finland and Russia wanted peace no argument about that. However Stalin new that if he is going to conquer Finland he must send much more troops and resources for the current army near Finland could not do it at all... and a good question how much and at what price.. I think Stalin considered Hitler and Germany more important.

Edited by Terminator

Yeah well since you all get upset there are things far worse to get upset over.... 

People here are not upset. They're laughing at you.

How about stay on topic yourself. I wrote a movie review Unknow Soldier (2017) and got  a little carried away since it is based on history but on a book with very limited view of the war.

Yeah well since you all get upset there are things far worse to get upset over.... 

How about stay on topic yourself. 

Friendo, after typing up five paragraphs about your Iranian friend and how it's impossible for you to be a racist, I don't think you get to tell others to "stay on topic".

• Like 4

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

How about stay on topic yourself. 

Friendo, after typing up five paragraphs about your Iranian friend and how it's impossible for you to be a racist, I don't think you get to tell others to "stay on topic".

I have included movie reviews. At this point I see this thread has a couple of trolls. Come back when you want to discuss movies.

Edited by Terminator

Calling someone racist because he isn't attracted to people is not a'mere sign of disagreement'. LMAO Even if he is being silly whining about haircuts.

But, we all have our favorite haircuts on women (and men).

Then again, I bet the people who complain about his racism are the same ones who mock 'skinny white girls' as boring, plain, or 'not real women' or never have an issue when someone points it out.

Or  mocking fat, ugly, out shape guys. LMAO

P.S. That said,   criticizing a movie based on hair styles is rather lame reason to deduct it points. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They might be in the top  10 million hot black women. I can turn on the tv right now and find hotter. Just sayin'.

(of course, I'm ugly so who am I to judge looks... oh yeah, it is BECAUSE I *am* ugly . I see ugly every day in the mirror. I KNOW ugly.) L0L

Calling someone racist because he isn't attracted to people is not a'mere sign of disagreement'. LMAO Even if he is being silly whining about haircuts.

But, we all have our favorite haircuts on women (and men).

Then again, I bet the people who complain about his racism are the same ones who mock 'skinny white girls' as boring, plain, or 'not real women' or never have an issue when someone points it out.

Or  mocking fat, ugly, out shape guys. LMAO

P.S. That said,   criticizing a movie based on hair styles is rather lame reason to deduct it points. :p

Hmm well on fat people... it is a bit unnatural if a movie has only none fat people chances are realistically that someone is fat. If they have fat people in movies that is fine.

Black Panther girls were smokin hot

tumblr_p1lcpk7mTe1rejt1io2_540.gif

This gave me a laugh. Still laughing. Ugly as hell. Hey it is personal taste if you like them get that kind of wife.

If attractiveness is subjective, then why are you throwing around an objective qualifier like ugly.

I see no reason to comment on someone's looks like that in general. As for a movie where a character doesn't suite your tastes, I'm surprised your knocking the film for something so petty. Surely your familiar with other standards of beauty.

I'd be embarrassed to rate a movie up simply on the good looks of an actress, I consider this the same as bemoaning character's not giving you your desired rise.

• Like 1

"Ugly" while arguably an unpleasant descriptor, is a subjective rather than objective one. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder afterall.

That established, a gentle reminder- Obsidian has a zero-tolerance policy with regard to racial, ethnic, gender, religious, disablement, and/or sexually discriminating remarks.

Please be mindful of your words to ensure that you do not accidently cross a line due to poor word choice. As always, please report problematic posts for moderator review.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

In Terminator's defense too, English is not his first language and he's clearly struggling with it, so he could have just meant something along the lines of "I didn't find the African-inspired aesthetic/fashion particularly interesting or appealing" which doesn't sound nearly as damning. All the same I do find the arguments he's given a tad faulty and find a woman's lack of sex appeal to be a pretty silly reason to dislike a film, almost akin to fishing for plot holes in Un chien andalou.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

As I said originally, there is nothing wrong with not being attracted to a race or a hairstyle. Referring to that race as ugly is where it crosses the line. But no worries, Terminator cleared everything up by letting us know he has an Arab friend. Bullet dodged.  :-

• Like 8

"I see no reason to comment on someone's looks like that in general."

Don't be intellectually dishonest. if he had stated that he loved bald black women and hwo they looked nobody would have an issue with it and he certainly wouldn't be accused of racism.

They brought back my main man baker.

I was pleased to see that too, too much of a fan favorite. I wonder how they'll explain his reintroduction to the wizarding world.

Also, the HP universe is lucky they didn't cast Jude Law earlier as some other character, perfect cast for the young Ddore.