Favourite Christmas Songs

Fiach

Does anyone know where one can find the absolute worst cover of Santa Baby? That should really get the holiday cheer going!

and there it is

(e): although sadly it isn't the worst ever

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm not sure its the "worst" version mentioned earlier (IIRC Kitt's version is the original), but I couldn't resist.  Its Chekov's gun in internet form - you mention it on the first page it has to happen on the second.

I actually don't like Santa Baby as a Christmas song, to be honest.  Its not a bad song, but not a good Christmas song.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Or if you prefer traditional:

edit: can't spell

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And I know the electric violin lady's version was posted, but for that song I tend to prefer the vocal ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq73h6XZQGA

(yeah I like Penatonix...they have a lot of great modern harmonizing song versions)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Didn't know Carol of the Bells is a Ukrainian folk song, huh

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Can't go wrong with a punk rock version of The Little Drummer Boy.

;)

edit:

That really highlights how rhythmically strong the drum line of TLDB is.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

"Why am I so jolly?"

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I heard the recent 2014 version of this song ... I still much prefer the original.

Edit: I've always found Sting's eye expression when he has to duet briefly with Simon LeBon hilarious (even tho it was probably just coincidental timing)

Edited by LadyCrimson