Posting A Funny - The Thread

Blarghagh

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-42563523

They decided to open the package and found a white powder inside, wrapped in a piece of paper bearing the word "scoop", said the man, who said his first name was Simone.

"Scoop" may have been a reference to "Scopolamine", another name for Hyoscine.

Believing the powder to be cocaine, they divided it into nine doses and snorted it up their noses - only to quickly become paralysed and unable to summon help.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was thinking that somebody should make a YouTube video featuring a pair of red Nuke 'Em buttons, one slightly larger than the other, played to the sound track of Dueling Banjos...

breen_trump_nuke.jpg

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I’ve Studied the Trump-Fox Feedback Loop for Months. It’s Crazier Than You Think.

On Tuesday night, I, along with many Americans, was shocked when President Donald Trump tweeted that his “Nuclear Button” is “much bigger & more powerful” than North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un's.

Having spent the past three months monitoring Trump’s Twitter feed professionally, I also had a good sense of why this spectacle was unfolding. After watching a recording of the previous few minutes of Fox News, my hunch was confirmed: The president was live-tweeting the network’s coverage.

DSk_pHtXUAAB57_.jpg

DSk_pHzW4AARGJC.jpg

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/05/trump-media-feedback-loop-216248

This is funny in a schadenfreude way. You know the supposed Trump ally, wikileaks? Well, they went and shared the full text of that Fire and Fury book[/url] that has been causing so much drama in the past week.

I wonder if they'll also get into trouble with the publisher because wikileaks is effectively enabling pirating of the book.

@mods: I know what Obsidian's and the forums policy is on talking about piracy (as in Pirate Bay), but is it okay if I post a TheHill article which has the wikileaks tweet on it that links to the full free PDF? http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/367832-wikileaks-shares-full-text-of-wolffs-trump-book

Obviously what wikileaks did would be a big no-no from the point of view of the publisher, but I feel like this might be a bit of a grey area since I'm not directly linking the PDF.

Basically, I'm asking how do you want to treat this because wikileaks isn't typically a pirate torrent thing like pirate bay (the US government would disagree) and I'm not sure the exact position on the rule is for this case.

Edited by smjjames