Update #37 - From the Feed of the Director Part II

Hello, everyone! In our latest "From the Feed of the Director," we're taking a deep dive into Josh's Twitter and Instagram pages once more to see what gems of fascination we can glean about Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Our guide for this journey is Producer, Katrina Garsten. She will help us navigate news about abilities, a look at Maia's animal companion, what Deadfire Exec. Producer and Lead Programmer Adam Brennecke has been doing with text and VFX in combat, and what happens when you give an ogre alcohol in the Deadfire. Protip: don't. Or, totally do! It's your adventure, after all. Take it away, Katrina!

As Katrina mentioned, our next update will take an in-depth look at the Deadfire's big city, Neketaka, and we'll see how far it's come since the Fig campaign ended. Lead Designer, Bobby Null, will be your guide on a tour of Neketaka and its environs.

And don't forget that Josh will be joined by Lead Character Artist, Dimitri Berman, tomorrow afternoon, July 12th, on our Twitch channel for another Deadfire Q&A Stream at 4:00PM PST/1:00AM CEST. Let us know your questions, and we'll try to get to all of them during the stream. If you miss the stream, we'll get it up on our YouTube channel within 48 hours of it airing.

Until next time, everyone!

In case you missed it, check out our last update!
  • Like 18

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Lol the Josh cameo. I think that's a running gag you guys do, right?

The ogres one isn't a Josh Sawyer preview that we saw, unless it's an older one that got missed. Cool that ogres will be in Deadfire.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 1

Very cool stuff!

I love items with extra heavy metal points ;)

Also nice to learn that Maia has a unique subclass.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

YEEESSSS!!! YYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!

Another update :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Ogres on ships gives me a bad feeling that Korgrak is a potential returning NPC.  He fits the pantaloons criteria as something mechanically useless (LOL -6 Prestige!) but with potential for amusing flavor. 

(I say "bad feeling" because he didn't make it in the playthrough I'll be importing first.  I wasn't willing to let my Waelite Priest pick up any "Rational" reputation points to save him.)

He fits the pantaloons criteria as something mechanically useless (LOL -6 Prestige!)

That's not useless at all. With low prestige you can get more of the lower-tier stronghold adventures which can give you very useful items for particular build ideas. Higer prestige leads to higher tier stronghold adventures which you don't want to have too soon if you're still waiting for a certain item. At the same time you don't want those annoying attacks on your stronghold. Here, hirelings with high security bonus but zero or even negative prestige bonus are very useful.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods