The Weird, Random and Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I love this picture. It's looking south from the rim of Endeavor Crater on Mars. Click the link for the hi res version. The detail is amazing.

PIA20749-1280x800.jpg

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/pia20749.jpg 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't buy it, probably just somewhere in the Mojave desert.   :p

Must be, the Earth is flat and limited by a dome so there's no way this is on "Mars" or whatever the hell. :yes:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

The stairs don't actually look all that safe. 65k is crazy, but I can see why you want a professional to build it, and not homeless former mechanic.

Yes, I agree. Those are hopeless -- the riser placement is all wrong. In a decade or two that'll be a death trap.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Also, in some movie related but not quite matters...

**** Van Dyke Apologises for most atrocious ****ney accent in movie history

Movie legend **** Van Dyke has apologised for acting out "the most atrocious ****ney accent in the history of cinema".

The 91-year-old star has been chosen by BAFTA to receive the Britannia Award For Excellence In Television.

Referring to his role as Bert in Mary Poppins, Van Dyke said: "I appreciate this opportunity to apologise to the members of BAFTA for inflicting on them the most atrocious ****ney accent in the history of cinema."

But BAFTA Los Angeles chief executive Chantal Rickards said: "We look forward to his acceptance speech in whatever accent he chooses on the night.

"We have no doubt it will be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!"

But Van Dyke has a chance to do the "atrocious" accent again on screen as he is set to appear in the Mary Poppins sequel, which stars Emily Blunt and is due for release in 2018.

"I get to do a little song and dance number," he said in December.

"I gotta be a part of it."

Van Dyke's award, which will be presented at the 2017 AMD British Academy Britannia Awards by BAFTA Los Angeles, recognises those whose special talents and appeal have elevated television.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ravens OL John Urschel, 26, retires abruptly, two days after CTE study.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20170808/baltimore-ravens-offensive-lineman-john-urschel-retires-abruptly

A very smart man makes a very smart move. I had heard his math colleagues had been urging him to retire from football.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

No likes for this? Well you get one from me. Respect to the people doing this, and respect to you for chipping in.

Thank you Sir!

An ending has been written to this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/07/27/marine-dog-bone-cancer-says-final-goodbye/516853001/

I was even more sympathetic since I just lost my own best friend to this exact disease.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

The Cassini spacecraft has made it's final course correction burn and is now set for it's date with destiny just 43 days from now. https://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/grand-finale/overview/

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Is it a bad thing that I like this picture?

VvQ9pJk.jpg

It's so awesome, it reminds me of Akira and 80's anime for some reason.  :teehee:

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

:lol: 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Is it a bad thing that I like this picture?

VvQ9pJk.jpg

It's so awesome, it reminds me of Akira and 80's anime for some reason.  :teehee:

see the picture and Gromnir wonders why he is the only person alarmed that kgb/prophet five managed to get irina derevko so deep into the wh inner circle.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)