No more salvage?

thelee

Question

Recently got this on steam. Is there no more an option to salvage cards now that we have the collection? Looking at older threads, it looked like it was an important thing to be able to do for people who wanted to placate the RNG gods for farming for specific cards.

Is there any way to do this now? Deliberate change?

It is hard to please all peoples in here. So it is possible that there is no perfect solution. So if user can not chose that (my prefered option) that you have custom Numbers for card caps, like:

-Uncommon: x cards

-Rare: y cards

-Epic: z cards

-Legendary: q cards

Then having same cap to all rarities maybe 2 or 3 would give higher rarity cards more likely to appear to your locations compared to uncommons if you have more of those epic and legendary cards. So if you already have 3 of each commons and only 1-2 Epic or legendary, you would buy more treasure chest to get Also epic and legendary cards to the same level with uncommons and rares.

So you can somewhat affect your rnd.

The 4, 3, 2, 1 model is a logical that there Are a lot of "bad" items in the world and only few really really "good" quality item. It is more RPG type of treasure cards distribution and comparable to original Pathfinder card distribution where there Are more cards that you don't want to have in your deck than really good cards. So for that reason the new system is actually quite good. So for RPG people this is good, to deck builders and power players not so... And I am more RPG player, but info about this big changes should always be given to players.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I sort of see where you're coming from. At the same time I really wish this had been done differently, couldn't you have just added some text to the collection screen to explain how the collection worked and what salvaging entailed? If possible you could also have made it impossible to salvage cards you only have one copy of? I don't know, it's just I had a system and a reason for keeping the specific number of copies of each card I did.

And only one legendary is definitely too punishing. In most (if not all) cases where I have more than one copy of a legendary it's because I paid real money to buy some of the card bundles you made available during the past year. It feels extremely unfair that the Epic and Legendary Cards DLC now practically makes those purchases obsolete because I can't own more than one copy of each legendary card.

• Like 2

PFID-141DBD51FD7F535C

And only one legendary is definitely too punishing. In most (if not all) cases where I have more than one copy of a legendary it's because I paid real money to buy some of the card bundles you made available during the past year. It feels extremely unfair that the Epic and Legendary Cards DLC now practically makes those purchases obsolete because I can't own more than one copy of each legendary card.

That Is true. Some people have hunted spesific legendary cards so having only one of those can be bitter to those persons!

There was always a hard cap in people's boxes even though it was never expressed in the UI. Mr Bishop can confirm, but I want to say that there was never more than three copies of any treasure card that was available in a campaign. This means, even if you had 12 Fire Sneezes, you would only ever see up to the cap in play, in any particular run.

The overall cap for parties was much more important. Since unlike normal cards you get your treasures zapped for putting too many together the extras meant you didn't need to worry as much if you happened to whip up a mix-and-match party with a Favor of Gozreh here and there if you had a bunch. Now dramatically more things will be getting randomly nuked.

It also means, if you have many cards, chests are a joke. When a gold border popped up it may not have been that fancy new toy you hoped, but at least it meant another Portable Ram to play around with. Now it just laughs at you and returns a tiny fraction of the gold you spent on the chest without mentioning it was doing it. Yay... way more fun and less confusing. Totally.

Also: you might want to tell support this happens. All I got was speculation that made it seem like yet another bug. It isn't like it would be the first time.

That Is true. Some people have hunted spesific legendary cards so having only one of those can be bitter to those persons!

That's fair. I'll discuss with the team to see about loosening the cap on Legendary and Epic cards.

• Like 2

There was always a hard cap in people's boxes even though it was never expressed in the UI. Mr Bishop can confirm, but I want to say that there was never more than three copies of any treasure card that was available in a campaign. This means, even if you had 12 Fire Sneezes, you would only ever see up to the cap in play, in any particular run.

It also means, if you have many cards, chests are a joke. When a gold border popped up it may not have been that fancy new toy you hoped, but at least it meant another Portable Ram to play around with. Now it just laughs at you and returns a tiny fraction of the gold you spent on the chest without mentioning it was doing it. Yay... way more fun and less confusing. Totally.

Also: you might want to tell support this happens. All I got was speculation that made it seem like yet another bug. It isn't like it would be the first time.

There is still utility in finding cards in treasure chests. With the Stash system, any card you find gets a copy added to the Unclaimed tab of the Stash. This can exceed the cap limits. What this means is that, while the Legendary won't be used in building location decks, you can still enter a game with more copies of that card in your character decks.

Also, the support thing. I think there was just some miscommunication regarding what people meant when they said their cards were disappearing. I know personally I dealt with some folks that mentioned this, but it was assumed that cards were disappearing from their character decks (which shouldn't be happening with this change).

• Like 1

There is still utility in finding cards in treasure chests. With the Stash system, any card you find gets a copy added to the Unclaimed tab of the Stash. This can exceed the cap limits. What this means is that, while the Legendary won't be used in building location decks, you can still enter a game with more copies of that card in your character decks.

I don't understand this. For example Lem had a full set of Favors of Shelyn and all but two were deleted from him when they were silently deleted from my collection. Are you telling me that if I find more Favors of Shelyn in chests I can add them to him and they won't be deleted? Is it somehow only if I find them in chests, or find them in-game on other characters? Or I can't have more than two on a character, but if I accidentally put Lem and a Merisiel with one together it won't delete hers?

Also, the support thing. I think there was just some miscommunication regarding what people meant when they said their cards were disappearing. I know personally I dealt with some folks that mentioned this, but it was assumed that cards were disappearing from their character decks (which shouldn't be happening with this change).

I explained they were missing and gave a list from the B deck blessings, which I think was quite claer. They told me:

>I will have to get back to you on this (I think most of the programmers are under their desks rocking back and forth), BUT it might have been an auto-salvage type of thing where if you had more than a certain number of cards it gave you gold in return.

>Again, I am not sure on that and will get back to you but I wanted to let you know I'm looking into it.

Which I took to mean it might have been a bug, as the idea a fundamental change like this would be implemented without a word was so ridiculous, a bunch of other cards still existed in higher numbers than the ones that were randomly deleted, and that it isn't like it would be the first time you've accidentally nuked random content from people. Also, for an intended change, waiting a week with "I'll get back to you" when a simple "working as intended" would end the issue is just pathetic.

One bit or another wouldn't bother me so much, but combined with months of absolute silence, piles of bugs, and not mentioning the GoG release was indefinitely delayed until launch day the whole project seems like a circus of errors.

Edited by Snarfblat

I don't understand this. For example Lem had a full set of Favors of Shelyn and all but two were deleted from him when they were silently deleted from my collection. Are you telling me that if I find more Favors of Shelyn in chests I can add them to him and they won't be deleted? Is it somehow only if I find them in chests, or find them in-game on other characters? Or I can't have more than two on a character, but if I accidentally put Lem and a Merisiel with one together it won't delete hers?

I explained they were missing and gave a list from the B deck blessings, which I think was quite claer. They told me:

>I will have to get back to you on this (I think most of the programmers are under their desks rocking back and forth), BUT it might have been an auto-salvage type of thing where if you had more than a certain number of cards it gave you gold in return.

>Again, I am not sure on that and will get back to you but I wanted to let you know I'm looking into it.

Which I took to mean it might have been a bug, as the idea a fundamental change like this would be implemented without a word was so ridiculous, a bunch of other cards still existed in higher numbers than the ones that were randomly deleted, and that it isn't like it would be the first time you've accidentally nuked random content from people. Also, for an intended change, waiting a week with "I'll get back to you" when a simple "working as intended" would end the issue is just pathetic.

One bit or another wouldn't bother me so much, but combined with months of absolute silence, piles of bugs, and not mentioning the GoG release was indefinitely delayed until launch day the whole project seems like a circus of errors.

I'll have to ask Mr. Bishop, but cards were never supposed to be deleted from existing decks. It should only affect building new locations (where, if the number of cards in circulation for that game equals or exceeds the cap, the locations won't contain that card). This sounds like a bug.

I'll have to ask Mr. Bishop, but cards were never supposed to be deleted from existing decks. It should only affect building new locations (where, if the number of cards in circulation for that game equals or exceeds the cap, the locations won't contain that card). This sounds like a bug.

I just checked with Mr. Bishop. The game should not be removing cards from character decks. If you are seeing cards disappearing from your decks you are hitting some sort of issue. I'm asking support, QA, and programming to dig deeper into this, but it might be difficult depending on reproducability. At the very least we can look into your PlayFab account to see if there is anything noticeably wrong in there.

Hi Snarfblat,

Character decks being edited in anyway IS a bug and any changes to the collection should not affect character decks. Please pm me your PFID and I'll try to find the source of the issue.

Thank you for the explanation Badler.

I am disappointed that this change has occurred.

What is the expected time frame for the back end Salvaging to complete?

Does the back end Salvaging only occur while The Game is running and I am logged in?

How many times will I have to log in?

How does the System choose which cards will get salvaged?

Currently when I start a new party, go to manage deck and select the 'my collection' tab, B Deck 'basic' treasure cards, that are in my collection do not appear. Is this because they have not been auto-salvaged by the system? As such is the new system restricting my access to the cards in my collection?

Thank you folks very much for looking into it. Sorry for being a bit cross, honestly losing cards from the character decks alone really isn't that big a deal for me and if I'd known the situation from the start it is so minor I wouldn't even have bothered Support about it. It is much moreso thinking I was patiently waiting for what I'd interpreted as a bug to be investigated only to chance upon a forum post saying the part that concerned me was mostly intended behavior.

I really do love the game, that is why I've stuck with it even through the troubled bits. It would just be nice to have better communication, you know? It would go a long way to avoiding so many things.

Thank you for the explanation Badler.

I am disappointed that this change has occurred.

What is the expected time frame for the back end Salvaging to complete?

Does the back end Salvaging only occur while The Game is running and I am logged in?

How many times will I have to log in?

How does the System choose which cards will get salvaged?

Currently when I start a new party, go to manage deck and select the 'my collection' tab, B Deck 'basic' treasure cards, that are in my collection do not appear. Is this because they have not been auto-salvaged by the system? As such is the new system restricting my access to the cards in my collection?

You should not have access to your B Deck treasure cards restricted. It sounds like something else is going on. I'll pass to programming and QA.

As for your other questions, Mr. Bishop can answer those.

• Like 1

Thank you folks very much for looking into it. Sorry for being a bit cross, honestly losing cards from the character decks alone really isn't that big a deal for me and if I'd known the situation from the start it is so minor I wouldn't even have bothered Support about it. It is much moreso thinking I was patiently waiting for what I'd interpreted as a bug to be investigated only to chance upon a forum post saying the part that concerned me was mostly intended behavior.

I really do love the game, that is why I've stuck with it even through the troubled bits. It would just be nice to have better communication, you know? It would go a long way to avoiding so many things.

No need to apologize. We (me, really) dropped the ball in talking to you guys about the change.

We have a few people looking into the problem right now so I'm hoping that we can have an answer for you soonish.

For the public record: MrBishop got back to me very promptly, I'm entirely satisfied with the situation, and all is well with the world. Well... not everything, there are still wars and famines are stuff. But all is well with the world re: my personal Pathfinder Adventures situation. So I hope my previous posts don't give anyone an overly negative view of the team! They really were great about the whole thing.

I tried to exit/login a couple times. But I don't see my gold changing/increasing.

If cards are being salvaged underneath the hood, then I'm not being compensated.

That said... I can't tell if there's any auto-salvaging occurring either.

(Imo, there should be a pop up message.. but oh well)...

If the caps are changing... then I don't know if I should be playing now. What if you upped the caps, but the auto-salvage nuked my cards now? (Worse yet if those are cards I paid real cash for).

If the caps are changing... then I don't know if I should be playing now. What if you upped the caps, but the auto-salvage nuked my cards now? (Worse yet if those are cards I paid real cash for).

Agreed. I'd really rather have extras of the really rare cards than the pittance of gold we'll be getting. If they've already been salvaged but th caps get raised, what happens? I don't honestly know how many of the various cards I had before.

I've been having extra copies of legendary blessings disappear from my decks. For example I had two unity of Iomedae and two Prayer of Gorum on Seelah, and on two different occasions went to start a scenario only to find that one of the 2nd copies had disappeared. I got both copies of each blessing from the "repair deck" screen, so easy come easy go, but I feel it's worth noting in case it is indeed related to the new legendary cap it would be good to know if their disappearance was a bug or just a niche case of how the repair cards work.

You can still Salvage cards - You can do this by going to campaign mode via edit decks

Can someone clarify this?  Because when i am in and "resupplying cards" after a scenario, all i see i can do is move extra cards down to the lower bar.  On that bar of "extra resupply cards" is listed 63/10 at the moment?  Should it only be 10 in there?  If so, how can i get rid of all those crazy list of cards that i would have to scroll through if i want to use one?  What is the point of this tab.  Please explain.

I'm kind of sad, and a confused about the decision to automatic salvaging of my treasure card poll.

For the confusing part: 

With the purchase of pathfinder on steam and the free DLC you get one of every card be them Common, Uncommon, Rare or Legendary, making the treasure chest function more or less obsolete and non functional, you don't get to keep any of your extra treasure card anyway so why spend gold on it.

And now to the sad part:

I have spent real life Cash on most of my treasure cards, and to see my REAL LIFE CASH just STOLEN from me, and I mean stolen. is kind of a slap to the face. Shure it is random witch card i get from the treasure chest is, but i still PAID for them and to just lose them like that -_-'', that's just not right, I feel like I'm been cheated out of my cash.

one tings for shure, I'm not starting the game up before I am shure i don't lose any more of my card's.

Wait what is going on? I have generally 3 copies of every armor, allies, and weapon and 6 copies of every spells, blessings, and items. Most of the legendary I have at least 3. So I going to lose my collection without visible notice? And what are the values of cards being removed?

Update: Nothing been remove yet, but I would like some information of what and when this will occur?

Edited by Archangelrey

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

I have been checking my collection multiple times a day and have not seen any of my Card counts decrease. Also cards have been appearing in the unclaimed tab and I have salvaged them. When I look at my collection I still have the same amount of that Card.

For example:

In my collection I have six copies of Improved Arcane Armour. Last night after I had finished a scenario I salvaged 2 copies of Improved Arcane Armour for some gold. When I checked my collection this morning, I still had six copies of Improved Arcane Armour.

As such it is my expectation that the Card Caps, Auto-Salvaging and Manual Salvaging at the end of scenarios do not affect my collection, but they do affect the pool of cards available for me to encounter in Adventures. I also expect that if I have cards over the Cap, the additional cards will eventually appear in my unclaimed tab and I can add them to Character decks, add them to my stash or Salvage them, at which time they will stay in my collection but will not appear in the pool of available cards for Adventures.

I also cold be totally confused and wrong about this entire system

Edited by Dunesparrow

Devs should confirm the newest behavior from the latest patch...

But my last understanding is: you cannot salvage from your box/pool/collection (not to be confused with your stash or play deck or end-of-scenario haul/loot).

Instead, the game now auto-salvages behind thr scene and pays you back some gold. The auto salvage triggers incrementally over time, but does not give a measage when it does.

To date, i haven't seen my gold increase unexpectedly, so I assume my cards have not been auto-salvaged, but there is no way to confirm that.

My 2 cents: sounds like a broken code ... which may or may not be a good thing depending on which side of the auto-salvage fence you are on

Me? I refuse to play an app that has buggy code with backdoor access into my box/collection which i have spent real cash (and time) on. It's one thing to change the system, another thing to change it for the worse (imho), and REALLY ANOTHER THING TO CHANGE IT INCORRECTLY WITHOUT DETERMINISTIC BEHAVIOUR FOR PLAYERS TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON. Until this gets resolved, i am afraid of opening the app.

Devs should confirm the newest behavior from the latest patch...

But my last understanding is: you cannot salvage from your box/pool/collection (not to be confused with your stash or play deck or end-of-scenario haul/loot).

Instead, the game now auto-salvages behind thr scene and pays you back some gold. The auto salvage triggers incrementally over time, but does not give a measage when it does.

To date, i haven't seen my gold increase unexpectedly, so I assume my cards have not been auto-salvaged, but there is no way to confirm that.

My 2 cents: sounds like a broken code ... which may or may not be a good thing depending on which side of the auto-salvage fence you are on

Me? I refuse to play an app that has buggy code with backdoor access into my box/collection which i have spent real cash (and time) on. It's one thing to change the system, another thing to change it for the worse (imho), and REALLY ANOTHER THING TO CHANGE IT INCORRECTLY WITHOUT DETERMINISTIC BEHAVIOUR FOR PLAYERS TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON. Until this gets resolved, i am afraid of opening the app.

It's not broken code at all, it's a feature.

The game has some crazy levels of DRM up to the point where everything resides in their servers, which is why I'm guessing the GoG version was delayed.

I'm also afraid of opening the app out of fear legendaries get automatically quelled. Been playing for a while now (over a year) so I bought a bunch of chests back in the iOS version.

Would opening it offline prevent the automatic card salvaging?

At minimum it would prevent you getting any cold if the autosalvage happens... and playing offline not likely a good idea in anyway. I have seen reports that some cards Are not available offline. Maybe just a bug, maybe a new feature I don't know. But if the auto culing is a problem to you wait for the info if the Numbers will be changed.