No more salvage?

thelee

Question

Recently got this on steam. Is there no more an option to salvage cards now that we have the collection? Looking at older threads, it looked like it was an important thing to be able to do for people who wanted to placate the RNG gods for farming for specific cards.

Is there any way to do this now? Deliberate change?

Legendaries have been disappearing from my collection, so it seems the culling is happening (OTOH I had gotten doubles from the epic/legendary DLC so I'm just very confused about the state of my collection atm).

I didn't spend money on gold to get chests (only time), but I could imagine people who spent money on eg the Unity pack and then got the Epic and Legendary DLC being very, very pissed right now.  Because they suddenly lost control over cards they bought, and the small amount of gold from the salvage doesn't even begin to compensate.

Punishing early adopters (in this case, multiple times) is really, really bad.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

(Thanks to Longshot11)

I can understand why this has been done, but can't say I'm happy with it. I have been carefully curating my treasure cards so they don't show up all the time and now I have a stack of them - I'd like the option of being able to say 'actually, I'd like less of these cards than the maximum allowed.

I mean, I like me an Orb of Ice, but not when it's the only Item I ever flippin' draw.

At minimum it would prevent you getting any cold if the autosalvage happens... and playing offline not likely a good idea in anyway. I have seen reports that some cards Are not available offline. Maybe just a bug, maybe a new feature I don't know. But if the auto culing is a problem to you wait for the info if the Numbers will be changed.

I can confirm for you that treasure cards are not available offline on the ios.  My wifi is crap here in honduras, soooooo, there are times i am just playing the game offline.  That being said, yes, i do not get to farm or even see my treasure cards i have earned/bought.

I might have an idea to fix this salvaging fiasco but this probably goes against all the work obsidian have done with these updates.

But first I want a confirmation on what is happening in our current card collection and decks. Legendaries are disappearing in the collection as per indicated by the 4,3,2,1 u/r/e/l rule. 

However this doesn't explain why I still have 4x legion armors and 3x challenging shields but on the other hand, before the port to steam, I USED TO HAVE a slaying scythe and very briefly after buying the obsidian version i had 2 slaying scythes for 1 day, now I have only 1 in my collection.

And then comes more trouble. Something I don't understand. I can stash away a legendary and find another one in my adventure. Then i can move both legendaries, the same exact item, onto a character's deck and not get deleted by the game's card distribution rules. It used to be that if you have only 1 copy of a treasure in your collection but you somehow have more than 1 copy of said treasure card on 2 different characters in the same party, one of them disappears and you're forced to take out something from the collection box. Now is not the case.

Is the game THAT buggy? Or is there another changed rule that I'm not familiar with?

Btw, I'm sitting here with a party that has a total of TWO slaying scythes. Played them in a scenario and hasn't disappeared on me yet.

Edited by aznxknight
  • Like 1

It used to be that if you have more than 1 copy of a treasure card on 2 different characters, one of them disappears and you're forced to take out something from the collection box. Now is not the case.

It still works that way... but... it is possible that the Stash circumvents the treasure cap check system.  

The game used to cut down excess copies of a party's treasure cards only during party management.  It made sense at the time, because the only way to mule around Treasure cards involved moving around characters.  It is entirely possible that the deck management screen now needs to run that treasure card check too.

As far as the game auto-salvaging your treasure cards, it appears that it is just a slow process.  Rather than just check all your cards at once, it was only checking about two cards per login.  Theoretically, it could take a long time to go through and audit your treasure cards (especially on iOS if the game stays running in the background).  At least that is how it used to be.  I'm not 100% sure what may be going on right now.