RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Agiel's dream game...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

SECRET OF MANA 3D REMAKE FOR PS4, VITA AND PC CONFIRMED!!!!!

That's great, but what I really really really want is for them to finally release an official version of Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) in the west, whether it's a remake, remaster, or a straight up version of the SNES game running in an emulator.  Seiken Densetsu 3 is superior to Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana) in almost every way.  It's straight up one of the best SNES games ever made and most people in the west have never played it.  I did many years ago via emulator with an unofficial fan translation.  The game is phenomenal.  Let me buy the game from you, Squeenix,I want to give you money for it so I don't have to feel like a filthy pirate playing a hacked ROM of one of the best games Square ever made.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That's great, but what I really really really want is for them to finally release an official version of Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) in the west, whether it's a remake, remaster, or a straight up version of the SNES game running in an emulator. Seiken Densetsu 3 is superior to Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana) in almost every way. It's straight up one of the best SNES games ever made and most people in the west have never played it. I did many years ago via emulator with an unofficial fan translation. The game is phenomenal. Let me buy the game from you, Squeenix,I want to give you money for it so I don't have to feel like a filthy pirate playing a hacked ROM of one of the best games Square ever made.
Fear not, for when they do one it usually means they are already or planning to bring the others as well :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

^ I hope so.  People need to play Seiken Densetsu 3.  It's right up there with Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger as one of Square's very best games ever and also one of the prettiest, if not THE prettiest SNES game ever.  They pushed the SNES to the absolute limit, the sprite work is amazing.

Edit: I gotta stop talking about SD3, I could go on gushing about it forever.  Do the right thing Squeenix and finally give the west this masterpiece, unlike Nintendo that's hellbent on never giving us Mother 3.  Don't be like Nintendo.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just watched the Star Citizen gamescom stream and... it was kinda awful. Makes me feel a little sad about everyone involved. So many bugs and glitches. Pretty much everything they have shown glitched in some way. Player movement, player interactions, flying, driving, using buttons... Last year was awesome, but this one... kinda wish I hadn't seen it. From now on they really have to deliver, otherwise I can see the internet tearing up more than ever before.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Just watched the Star Citizen gamescom stream and... it was kinda awful. Makes me feel a little sad about everyone involved. So many bugs and glitches. Pretty much everything they have shown glitched in some way. Player movement, player interactions, flying, driving, using buttons... Last year was awesome, but this one... kinda wish I hadn't seen it. From now on they really have to deliver, otherwise I can see the internet tearing up more than ever before.

That's a bummer.

Seems it's such a huge game that's it's TOO ambitious for the dev's own good. It's pretty much going to be No Man's Sky 2.0 if you ask me.

Tbh, I'd rather have a Mace Griffin sequel/remake.

Too be fair, one of the first things he did say was "We still have a lot of bugs in threezero, so I'm not making any promises".

Haven't watched the entire thing yet though, will save that for tomorrow.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Larian looks like a cool place to work, still need to play their games. Maybe once I have some more free time.

Also as impressive as SC is in scope, I'm also finding it less compelling as a "game experience" as I see more. I guess I just need to see SQ42, but not sure if I will really find it's persistent world appealing when it's all said and done. But they still have time. Also they need to fix the damn landing mechanic, and maybe implement some cleaner more arcady fly-by-wire mechanics, because movement wise what they have shown is whack.

Agiel's dream game...

Appreciate the thought, but checklists and fifteen-minute cold starts are more my speed. But hey, there's a time and place for just the thrill of doing 500kts and 9Gs for most folks. 

• Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

First Yakuza Kiwami 2 Trailer released today.

https://youtu.be/QpXgE8Iqgho

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Unfortunatelly I am not very found of Fist of the North Star series. So I do not know what to expect from this game.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Unfortunatelly I am not very found of Fist of the North Star series. So I do not know what to expect from this game.

I'm neutral, but if this is structured like the Yakuza games in terms of how it plays, I will buy it.

• Like 1

Hmm i can already imagine the cheeze. I think unlike Yakuza series i'll actually buy this if it comes to the west.

That's great, but what I really really really want is for them to finally release an official version of Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) in the west, whether it's a remake, remaster, or a straight up version of the SNES game running in an emulator.  Seiken Densetsu 3 is superior to Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana) in almost every way.  It's straight up one of the best SNES games ever made and most people in the west have never played it.  I did many years ago via emulator with an unofficial fan translation.  The game is phenomenal.  Let me buy the game from you, Squeenix,I want to give you money for it so I don't have to feel like a filthy pirate playing a hacked ROM of one of the best games Square ever made.

Better except for the grind. You have to grind levels way more in SD3 to get the jobs you want. :p

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Better except for the grind. You have to grind levels way more in SD3 to get the jobs you want. :p

Sounds like that's what inspired the grind for getting a job in The Escapists 2.

It's a pain.

Agiel's dream game vol. 2...

Pleas note that this is so realistic that the minimum requirements are something like an nVudia 970gtx 4gb and 16gb ram, etc. It's the real deal.

I will say that the voice "acting" was awful though. I kind of liked it not being as polished as say, ubisofts presentation of Division, but they could've skipped the "acting" ****, it was seriously annoying to hear their banter...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I seem to recall that SoM suffered from a really stripped down localization when it came out in the US (which may explain why I hated the ending so much).  Maybe the SoM remake translation won't make me as angry as the original game did.

And I'd love Seiken Densetsu 3 to get an official localization.  Its a game I've always wanted to play since I saw production stills in magazines back in the day.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I seem to recall that SoM suffered from a really stripped down localization when it came out in the US (which may explain why I hated the ending so much).  Maybe the SoM remake translation won't make me as angry as the original game did.

And I'd love Seiken Densetsu 3 to get an official localization.  Its a game I've always wanted to play since I saw production stills in magazines back in the day.

but on the other hand, who's gonna wanna play a remake that has the most garbage voice-acting added (seriously, watch the video on the Steam Store page to get a "taste" of it - bad voice acting is so much worse than no voice-acting and I'd rather stick with the original just for this reason), and where they replace the decent 2D sprite-work with...that. I mean...c'mon, into the trash it goes. Them fixing up the story/dialogue (mistranslated and cut stuff) would probably be the only draw here. As for SD3, luckily, there is an actual fan translation, which I have not played (and so can't compare to other great fan translations like MOTHER 3), but it's at least something.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Trust me when I say that SoM remake will be played. I don't think people really care for poor voice overs... although, there's no excuse to have poor voice acting today (even great voice actors are affordable and that's why they went on strike).

The Steam trailer showed a bit of the voice acting, I didn't rhink it was too bad. I think the art-style could have been better as far as in game graphics go but the colorful 2D cover art is exceptional on any level.

Localization seems to be less of a problem, there's no longer any such thing as "Oh that game? It's 30 years old, ot will never get localized." Because Steam has proven different. Very rarely does Steam get poor localization but even if they do, the pubs are usually willing to work with the community to help with official localization post-launch. There's nothing bad about that either :)

• Like 1