Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Politics Episode 7: Remake of Episode 4

Politics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
553 replies to this topic

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1754 posts
  • Steam:Ask!

I agreed to that already - your original statement did not include the "opposing party" bit, which is what I was replying to with that: "the likelihood o' a Court Justice dying or becoming incapacitated during an election year is smallish."

no good reason for ignoring our later comments.

*shrug*

your whole point were 'bout this kinda thing biting folks in the keister.  is a smallish chance o' this kinda thing coming back to haunt the republicans anytime soon.  to bite in the arse, need have opposition in control of the senate during a Presidential election year when a Justice dies or becomes incapacitated.  should be obvious why mcconnell and other republicans weren't worried seeing as how they had nothing to lose.

even then, five times in 100 years would still be extreme rare, no?  with medical tech being what it is nowadays, the complete unexpected death o' a Justice is actual becoming less likely.  kennedy and ginsburg is the folks most likely to retire or die soonish.  am suspecting ginsburg will hold onto the bench with cold dead hands for as long as possible.  any similar scenario involving antagonistic President and senate is at least three years remote.  

"it often comes back to bite you in the butt later on."

nope. chances is possible but pretty darn slim for any current serving senator to need face a butt mangling. 

HA! Good Fun!

"no good reason for ignoring our later comments."

Well, uh, isn't that kind of exactly what you're doing to me? From the rest of my post, it was clear that I understood what you were getting at and agreed, right? "It is pretty unlikely, though, that the Democrats will ever make them pay for it, that I'll agree to." After that, I even said things were more likely to get worse for the dems in this area than anything else (as I also mentioned, as you just did, that Ginsburg and Kennedy are the most likely to go, either of which would hurt the dems, Ginsburg especially). I mean, I didn't know if you knew off-hand that it had happened five times over the past hundred years, which is why I mentioned it when you said it hadn't...and then I proceeded to agree with you in the rest of my post.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 02 July 2017 - 11:17 AM.

Elerond

Elerond

One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2649 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The Democrats are just as tragically stupid as the Republicans with this impeachment and other Trump removal talk. 

It isn't necessary best strategy for Democrats as party, but for individual democrats it seems to be work well. As they get constantly free time in press, their base likes every mention of such, it also worked quite well for individual republicans during Obama's presidency (them talking impeaching Obama or removing him from office because he isn't born in USA and so on). 

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2644 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Guess Trump is gonna tweet Remove Kebab video tomorrow.

But what logo will Accordion Man's head be replaced with?

I do have to admit to being highly amused by descriptions of Trump clothesling Vince McMahon as showing him 'assaulting' someone and inciting violence. Much of the point is that CNN's 'news' is as fake as wrestling, and it's doubly fake violence as well. Pearl Clutching MSM, Sad!

After all, the guy being 'assaulted' put Trump in the wrestling hall of fame and Trump employs his wife as Secretary for Small Business or whatever.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7776 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer
Had expected them to elect some sort of SA/Codex style poster before a typical Twitter ****-poster, to be honest.

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2658 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk

Much of the point is that CNN's 'news' is as fake as wrestling, and it's doubly fake violence as well.

And Trump fake wrestling represents the publicity he enjoys from the back on forth with CNN as if he's not deliberately inciting this bull. Solipsism and narcissistic personality disorder, I tell ya!

Valsuelm

Valsuelm

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Much of the point is that CNN's 'news' is as fake as wrestling, and it's doubly fake violence as well.

And Trump fake wrestling represents the publicity he enjoys from the back on forth with CNN as if he's not deliberately inciting this bull. Solipsism and narcissistic personality disorder, I tell ya!

Agiel

Agiel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 698 posts

Just so you know, the person who created that .gif also posted this (name censored to keep language reasonably clean):

Y32TRoL.jpg

It's looking more <<The Plot Against America> by the day.

Edited by Agiel, 02 July 2017 - 03:19 PM.

Valsuelm

Valsuelm

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Is that supposed to mean they're all Jewish? Or all Zionists?

CNN is undoubtedly a pro Israel organization, as is pretty much every other 'mainstream media' outlet in the U.S.. That's nothing new.

Agiel

Agiel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 698 posts

I'd say that it means they're all Jewish, an attitude couched in a phobia towards the "10 ft tall subterranean Jewish lizard bankers"; the far-Right in the US is quite happy to help all the Jews go the Holy Land... at which point they better learn to accept the Lord Jesus as their saviour if they know what's good for them since that was supposed to be what pre-saged the Rapture.

Edited by Agiel, 02 July 2017 - 07:12 PM.

Valsuelm

Valsuelm

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'd say that it means they're all Jewish couched in an attitude that stinks of a phobia towards the "10 ft tall subterranean Jewish lizard bankers"; the far-Right in the US is quite happy to help all the Jews go the Holy Land... at which point they better learn to accept the Lord Jesus as their saviour if they know what's good for them since that was supposed to be what pre-saged the Rapture.

huh?

Spoiler

Edited by Valsuelm, 02 July 2017 - 06:57 PM.

Agiel

Agiel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 698 posts

I think we're rapidly approaching the point in which for security's sake all files on White House staff computers will have to be transcribed via 1950's typewriter for the following administration, then the computers summarily thrown into incinerators and the ash and cinders locked in a electro-magnetic-shielded sealed vault at the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant. Who knows what kind of malware got onto those machines.

Edited by Agiel, 02 July 2017 - 07:26 PM.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3832 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

This thread is weird.

Valsuelm

Valsuelm

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

This thread is weird.

Considering it's a bad remake of a previous thread, weird is about as good as it's going to get.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10612 posts
Closing the thread due to arbitrary length. More weirdness here

:skull:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Politics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users