Well at least ME cosplay will be easy

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

From my experiences, people complaining about homogenous societies are either not part of it in some way (minority themselves with no historical connection to the land, or outside due to cultural reasons) or have a degree of self hatred in them (anti-social, nihilistic, etc). 

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

From my experiences, people complaining about homogenous societies are either not part of it in some way (minority themselves with no historical connection to the land, or outside due to cultural reasons) or have a degree of self hatred in them (anti-social, nihilistic, etc). 

I would add 'just plain gullible' to your list. After all there's a hell of a lot of propaganda out there that 'diversity' is good good good good good good good!!! and nothing but!

It's become a sacred cow to some. Similar to 'Free Trade', 'Progress', 'Global Wa' errr.... 'Climate Change', et al that serve the same ends....

Edited by Valsuelm

We will all be beige

Which would be kinda sexy, no? (I'm assuming you're referring to Brazilians)

Doubt it, I mean beige hasn't caught on again in computer design, right ? Wonder why they chose that colour anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Strange, from my experience people that complain about diverse societies are either close-minded (general fear of anything different and lack actual historical context for how constant change and diversity is in human society) or have a degree of hatred towards others. 

• Like 2

Usually is my experience is that most people complaining about societies always seem to call in to AM talk shows.

• Like 2

Strange, from my experience people that complain about diverse societies are either close-minded (general fear of anything different and lack actual historical context for how constant change and diversity is in human society) or have a degree of hatred towards others. 

Oh the irony. Oh the naivety.

Edited by Valsuelm

Oh the hubris.

Oh the hubris.

Oh the perpetuation of quote blocks.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh the hubris.

I wonder if there's a limit to the quote block, anyone care to help me test it?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hmrMnXHugY

Oh the hubris.

Let's do it.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Oh the hubris.

seeing as it is the most compelling question heretofore birthed by the thread...

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Oh the hubris.

seeing as it is the most compelling question heretofore birthed by the thread...

Do we have any black members in this forum, anyway ?

Oh the hubris.

yes

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Oh the hubris.

yes

Are there enough to hit the quote block limit?

Oh the hubris.

yes

Okay, was just trying to recall that. Would have been funny if there weren't, then this thread'd have no point.

There is, ten is the limit, and one doesn't need assistance to test.

Edited by Valsuelm

"Black people will inherit the earth."

Inherit? Didn't they have it first? And, then throw it away?

:lol:

What pseudo-historical view is this...I have to say there are some very odd theories I have heard about the history of mankind and the hegemony of this race over that race and most of it is unhelpful and just creates unnecessary invective 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh the hubris.

yes

Okay, was just trying to recall that. Would have been funny if there weren't, then this thread'd have no point.

The real question is do people get banned for extensive quote pyramids here like they used to be back at BIS/Interplay?

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.