RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Interesting that you have to get it via the battle.net client. Apparently you can buy it with WoW gold too through the WoW token

First I was like "Huh? You drunk, mate?" then I was like :blink: and now I'm like :banghead: **** that noise.

I'm lost

Interesting that you have to get it via the battle.net client. Apparently you can buy it with WoW gold too through the WoW token

First I was like "Huh? You drunk, mate?" then I was like :blink: and now I'm like :banghead:  **** that noise.

Well, at least now, I think you can pay for the game with your Blizzard Battle.net Balance, and you can buy WoW tokens with gold and redeem it for a Battle.net Balance. That's how that works, sort of. You'd need to get like 400k gold though, or something large like that

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

From the creators of This War Of Mine comes FROSTPUNK. A Steampunk survival game in the Arctic? It appears so. Check it!

https://youtu.be/PSyDcBMjbVQ

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Wasn't the original console only?

Yes, it was console exclusive.

Destiny 2 is apparently exclusive to Battle.net on PC.  Which makes a certain amount of sense, but still...

Well, they are doing because they need a stronger player-base. Titanfall 2 has awesome multiplayer but on the PC it's pretty much dead. That's what they are trying to avoid I think.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Well, at least now, I think you can pay for the game with your Blizzard Battle.net Balance, and you can buy WoW tokens with gold and redeem it for a Battle.net Balance. That's how that works, sort of. You'd need to get like 400k gold though, or something large like that

I've got a mate of mine that has about 15million gold, the little AH manipulator that he is. Should probably ask him about it and see if it is possible.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

From the creators of This War Of Mine comes FROSTPUNK. A Steampunk survival game in the Arctic? It appears so. Check it!

They don't use safety lines to prevent falling, they don't climb together to make it easier on the group, the ones on top don't help the peeople still climbing...

I don't climb or hike mountains but even so this staggering incompetence pisses me off.

• Like 3

They don't use safety lines to prevent falling, they don't climb together to make it easier on the group, the ones on top don't help the peeople still climbing...

I don't climb or hike mountains but even so this staggering incompetence pisses me off.

It's happening more and more irl these days though...

https://youtu.be/SR1jwwagtaQ

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

First I was like "Huh? You drunk, mate?" then I was like :blink: and now I'm like :banghead:  **** that noise.

That is all correct.  But PC version will come out later or so the internetz sez.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I agree that it's a horrible name, but it's short and memorable. I think Rise Of The Tomb Raider was a great game, the newer Tomb Raider games, I find, are much better than the old games. Well, I'm going to be honest, while the older games were good, they've aged horrbly and I wouldn't touch them now, while the newer games will age very well. Anyways, I'll be keeping an eye out for Frostpunk, maybe it will be better than the overrated Don't Starve or The Forest. I've yet to find a good survival game and hopefully this one will be decent enough.

There are people who rock climb and ice climb without safety lines/ropes so I'm not sure how it adds a factor of unrealism to the games when there are people doing it in real life. It's just most people don't really know that there is a community of hardcore sportsmen/women who take danger to the extreme because they are that good.

Check this out:

https://youtu.be/u5E3vMj8XMg

• Like 1

There are people who rock climb and ice climb without safety lines/ropes so I'm not sure how it adds a factor of unrealism to the games when there are people doing it in real life. It's just most people don't really know that there is a community of hardcore sportsmen/women who take danger to the extreme because they are that good.

It's not about realism, it's about being stupid. If they climbed properly, there would be a safety line the people climbing later could use, reducing the casualty rate of the climbers. And what do hardcore sportsmen have to do with dozens of people climbing for survival? Clearly they'd want to maximize their chances, not show off.

• Like 1

It's not about realism, it's about being stupid. If they climbed properly, there would be a safety line the people climbing later could use, reducing the casualty rate of the climbers. And what do hardcore sportsmen have to do with dozens of people climbing for survival? Clearly they'd want to maximize their chances, not show off.
My comments wasn't to start an argument, I was just simply stating a fact that people tend to overlook. Being a hardcore sportsmen has everything to do with Survivalism and is right to be put in games as it has been lately because that's what people would have to do in order to live.

Please, allow me to explain: In extreme situations, you won't have time to do everything like set your ropes, clamps, especially if someone is trying to kill you or you lose a backpack, etc. You have to act fast on the fly, if you're in a life and death situation, chances are you won't be mentally or physically prepared either. You won't even have the proper tools to make things safer and easier in the first place and that's the mindset of the extreme sportsmen "Would I be able to do it if I was alone and not prepared? Let's see just how far I can pi sh the envelope today" fully coming to peace with dying, acknowledging the risk just for 3 words. "I did it".

You're right, it's stupid but then again so is climbing Everest or K2, even with all the help in the world and every life saving gadget, a good number of people who attempt it still die yet they continue to do it... skydiving or any other extreme sport with life threatening situations may be just as stupid but I'm glad they put these kind of things in games because I won't ever do them in real life lol

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 2

I can't wait!

I wonder if Chloe and Max will return or if it will be with all new characters. What do you guys think?

I can't wait!

I wonder if Chloe and Max will return or if it will be with all new characters. What do you guys think?

DONTNOD already said at the end of Ep5 that if they were to make a sequel it would be with a new cast. Old characters might get cameos but that may be just wishful thinking on my part.

• Like 1

I can't wait!

DONTNOD already said at the end of Ep5 that if they were to make a sequel it would be with a new cast. Old characters might get cameos but that may be just wishful thinking on my part.
Ahhh. Okay cool. I beat the game but I must've forgotten that part or maybe I just missed it.

Thanks!

Ahhh. Okay cool. I beat the game but I must've forgotten that part or maybe I just missed it.

Thanks!

It wasn't in the game, it was said in an interview or something. :p

You're welcome though.

Ohhh I thought you meant like in the credit roll (I always skipped it lol)

I'm curious if the new main protagonist will have the powers like Max or completely different ones. It would be cool to have a reference or references to Max and her powers (I'm thinking of the end of the movie: Split).

Heh, so apparently John Carpenter enjoyed his bout with Prey..

John Carpenter @TheHorrorMaster

PREY (2017) is an engrossing, somewhat complex sci-fi action game. Really fun to play, it drags you in and doesn't really let go.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Heh, so apparently John Carpenter enjoyed his bout with Prey..

John Carpenter‏  @TheHorrorMaster

PREY (2017) is an engrossing, somewhat complex sci-fi action game. Really fun to play, it drags you in and doesn't really let go.

Arkane should re-score the game with late 70's/80's style synths and then I'd totally be on-board for the $60 price of admission. 

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling