It's weird but I recall seeing this (unmodified) portrait back in the early days of POE1 (maybe in the beta?) but I can't find it now neither in POE1 nor in POE2 beta.

It sure was in PoE1 and in the Deadfire beta (not sure about the latest beta version, but the version prior to that atleast). I'm certain of it.

• Like 1

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

It's weird but I recall seeing this (unmodified) portrait back in the early days of POE1 (maybe in the beta?) but I can't find it now neither in POE1 nor in POE2 beta.

It sure was in PoE1 and in the Deadfire beta (not sure about the latest beta version, but the version prior to that atleast). I'm certain of it.

Well, if you find it, please post it here cuz I must be blind or something.

I will check this evening (if no one beats me to it).

I will check this evening (if no one beats me to it).

I was dead wrong. There's a similar portrait but it's actually not the same one.

That portrait is not in Pillars but I think it became this one

Yea, that's not it. I can see it over here though:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/File:Wood-elf-female-portraits.jpg

Looks kinda unfinished, hmm...

Ah, yes. There it is. I'm not totally senile after all. Thought I was for a minute.

Hello all! I have a question if you don't mind. Is it okay for me to use these custom portraits for my pillars campaign?

Isn't the point of this thread to share custom portraits with other players for ingame usage?

• Like 1

Well, I'm hesitant to post this because it's a personal project, but since you guys are looking for pale elves....I might as well share my own. It's a work in progress, but I plan to use it for my second playthrough. Here the picture I edited it from if you're curious (I can't find the source for some reason):

ICntnPF.png

I actually used it as an example in a bug thread for the PoE1 beta.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68886-301-no-pale-skin-tone-for-pale-elf/

I attached the picture to the post but it's not showing.  :(

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Hello all! I have a question if you don't mind. Is it okay for me to use these custom portraits for my pillars campaign?

I'm not sure you need anyone's permission to use a custom portrait in your single player game.  :huh:

Shush, ask for money!

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

So they changed some of the companion's portrait, that's the reason why they hide it from the beta, or is that all?

Also now Aloth has a scar on his forhead, which is very interesting to say the least.

Edited by jf8350143

So they changed some of the companion's portrait, that's the reason why they hide it from the beat, or is that all?

Also now Aloth has a scar on his forhead, which is very interesting to say the least.

What?

It's in their voice actor announcement post, Aloth now has a very obvious scar on his forehead.

The newest portraits are definitely an improvement, though I never minded them overly in their previous state. I'd like to see if Edér's and Pallegina's get updated though, as those are the two I'm really iffy about. But still, looking very nice!

Edited by algroth
  • Like 4

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

The newest portraits are definitely an improvement, though I never minded them overly in their previous state. I'd like to see if Edér's and Pallegina's get updated though, as those are the two I'm really iffy about. But still, looking very nice!

I looked at Eder's portraits and couldn't see any difference, not sure about Pallegina

I'm really liking these new edits. While I thought the 4Chan edits were a little too ideal, I couldn't help but prefer most of the edits when comparing them to the originals. (Still swooning over that Xoti one though.)

Now I think I'm back to handily preferring the official portraits. Except Pallegina, whose original portrait I adore (seriously one of my favorite all time portraits,) but really fails to capture how I've come to picture her.

Was Eder's cleaned up? I can't quite tell, I don't dislike it but I still feel the likeness from the first game is a bit off and it's not just a matter of age.

Looks like they softened the jaws a bit on Xoti and Ydwin (one of the main complaints I heard is that every character had the same big jaw).

Xoti's hood and eyes seem to have been redone too.  Aloth also has a bit more ...definition?

Overall I prefer the newer ones :thumbsup:

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I dunno about you guys but I think they tweaked some of the original companions portraits (Ydwin, Xoti) to look more like their VO actors while some already kinda looked like them (Tekehu, Rekke). Just take a look at their pics:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/96803-critical-role-meet-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/

P.S. New Ydwin portrait is a winner.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 2