Pillars of Eternity 2 Countdown Site

I bet also that this One is a new companion. Should be a pirate of some sort

I actually think the returning companion teasers are over now, and now they're teasing other aspects. I reckon this might be teasing a new faction. The quote uses 'we' instead of 'I' and talks about bringing law to this land. I think his might be our Knights of the Crucible kind of faction. 

• Like 2

I actually think the returning companion teasers are over now, and now they're teasing other aspects. I reckon this might be teasing a new faction. The quote uses 'we' instead of 'I' and talks about bringing law to this land. I think his might be our Knights of the Crucible kind of faction.

At least One companion teaser is still "missing" for sure... I can't belive the good old Durance will have nothing to say about the return of the god he slayed himself!

At least One companion teaser is still "missing" for sure... I can't belive the good old Durance will have nothing to say about the return of the god he slayed himself!

I feel the same way; was totally surprised he isn't there. However, I actually feel they are keeping him quiet for something big. I don't think making him a joinable NPC is big enough for what they have planned. I feel like he might have a whole following of Duranites. 

Durance was the one[of the 12] that got away. In PoE 2 it'll be revealed to us that Durance was one of [vengeful]Eothas' first victims but in fact Eothas had found & forgave him. There will be quest for us to find a Priest of Eothas, when we find him, we'll be SHOCKED!

Yes.

If i know Durance, he will just try to kill ethoas a second time, but this time with his own hands, without the guidance of his ex flaming bitch.

But My love will go to the poor Eder, that probably will have to partecipate to kill his own god another time...

We will se the "dyrwood greetings" in first person

Edited by Dr <3

Everytime my PoE playthroughs end Durance throws himself on a pyre. So he can't be in PoE2 obviously. ;)

At first I thought it's Maneha with the cannons (used to be a raider) and the fish (Ondra stuff of some sorts). But it doesn't sound like her.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Everytime my PoE playthroughs end Durance throws himself on a pyre. So he can't be in PoE2 obviously. ;)

At first I thought it's Maneha with the cannons (used to be a raider) and the fish (Ondra stuff of some sorts). But it doesn't sound like her.

No no, its the new companion Kanonn Feesh I'm telling you! He's an Aumaua pirate holding a cannon barell underarm. Fo real.

• Like 3

Good point! The new teaser also seems to relate to the faction (Vailan Republics or Five Suns order?), not a character.

Where have we seen that balance symbol already...?

Ah, yes:

C2yz8LGUQAAirtO.jpg

• Like 10

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

No no, its the new companion Kanonn Feesh I'm telling you! He's an Aumaua pirate holding a cannon barell underarm. Fo real.

Yeah, and why not Foxy Icebreaker, the new boreal dwarf female companion with a fox  :cat:

Good point! The new teaser also seems to relate to the faction (Vailan Republics or Five Suns order?), not a character.

Yup, I'm convinced these are factions now. The crossed cannons are Rauatai, today's is the Republics, and my prediction for tomorrow is the white scepter of the Aedyran Empire OR the stag-head of the Dyrwood. My wonderful guidebook to the PoE settings says Deadfire is constantly fought over by the major nations, and Aedyr and her colonies seem to be the last one left.

• Like 2

Yup, I'm convinced these are factions now. The crossed cannons are Rauatai, today's is the Republics, and my prediction for tomorrow is the white scepter of the Aedyran Empire OR the stag-head of the Dyrwood. My wonderful guidebook to the PoE settings says Deadfire is constantly fought over by the major nations, and Aedyr and her colonies seem to be the last one left.

My thoughts exactly!

I also agree on these last two being factions. Sawyer, I believe, has said that the factions of PoE having no ramifications to Act 3 and the end of the game was one of his regrets. So, factions playing a bigger part of a PoE's sequel makes a ton of sense. I think most of us would enjoy faction choice to play a larger part, as well.

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 3

Hmm, looks like I was wrong, no Aedyr Empire... could this be the local power? It refers to foreigners, and the waves imply islands or ocean, so maybe this is a local boreal dwarf kingdom? 

Edit: I actually think this might be Naasitaq. The guide states that it is the biggest and most stable nation in the archipelago, which is why maybe the foreigners respect the throne? 

Edited by Grimo88
  • Like 1

The new player joins the game, or was there all along, just other rushed in.

In bad shape but with great past, probably not Empire, maybe Old Valia.

But it would be weird if Aedyr Empire didnt wanted piece of Archipelago, they need to protect colonies after all.

Why not Readceras?

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus