Pillars of Eternity 2 Countdown Site

Why not Readceras?

Well, I don't think they have a king for one. And their crest is a rising sun. Also, the Aedyran Empire's crest if the pearl sceptre, and that symbol above the crown looks like a pearl. I'd say they are an exiled line of Aedyran royalty, or maybe a lapse colony. Definitely some Weodican shenanigans whatever it is. 

• Like 2

Why not Readceras?

Well, I don't think they have a king for one. And their crest is a rising sun. Also, the Aedyran Empire's crest if the pearl sceptre, and that symbol above the crown looks like a pearl. I'd say they are an exiled line of Aedyran royalty, or maybe a lapse colony. Definitely some Weodican shenanigans whatever it is.

Yup: the way their quote is written, making use of a most British-sounding "Would that we..." definitely brings to mind the Aedyran way of speaking :phttps://youtu.be/kGpsXuMvApo

• Like 2

^ I'm still bitter about that comma splice, by the way; really need a semicolon there :p

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Nope, just the image, the quote, and Trademark jargon at the bottom.  No clock.  :/  Internet hates me.  I use firefox, but have tried bing.  Im debating download chrome to see if that works. 

Scroll a bit down and you'll see itunderneath the teaser picture. You can't miss it.

Basically, Obsidian stated they would deploy The Great Reveal on Jan 26, 10:00 am pst. So, the countdown should have started on Jan 25,10:00 am pst. I am in Europe, and the countdown for me started at 10:00 CET. From where I'm standing there's currently 22 hrs and 42 mins left.

Edited by Barbedbeat
  • Like 1

Maybe it is triggered by the local browser time? So, instead of firing the countdown at 10:00 pst as it should have, the script just starts the clock whenever it's 10 am for every single user accessing the page? #wildguess

I was thinking the same thing.  We have one more page update in 8 hours or so, right?  Perhaps that is when the clock was supposed to appear.  Which would be 10AM PST.  Then it would be counting down to the big reveal 24 hours from then.  I have a little over 4 and a half hours until 10am EST which is my time zone.  Maybe it will update for me then if it isn't a screw up on Obsidian's part that is fixed in the time between now and then.

EDIT:  You beat me.  LOL

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 2

Maybe it is triggered by the local browser time? So, instead of firing the countdown at 10:00 pst as it should have, the script just starts the clock whenever it's 10 am for every single user accessing the page? #wildguess

I was thinking the same thing. We have one more page update in 8 hours or so, right? Perhaps that is when the clock was supposed to appear. Which would be 10AM PST. Then it would be counting down to the big reveal 24 hours from then. I have a little over 4 and a half hours until 10am EST which is my time zone. Maybe it will update for me then if it isn't a screw up on Obsidian's part that is fixed in the time between now and then.

EDIT: You beat me. LOL

Confusion-inducing shenanigans from my part aside, I guess they're gonna fix it somehow, lest people from diff timezones gets the Big Reveal at different times/wait for the clock to mark [time left: 00:00:00] only for absolutely nothing to happen. Edited by Barbedbeat
  • Like 1

What did you mess up? It's 20 hours and 26 mins for me but should be 31 hours 26 mins If I'm not mistaken.

It's 1139 here. So, there's little more than 22 hours left for my browser clock to reach the zero; in the previous posts I managed to mess up both my own calculation and "time zone declaration" :p

And yes: there should actually be 31hrs+ for the actual, intended countdown to end.

Edited by Barbedbeat

Mine shows 19 hours to go. I'm in eastern european time zone (Athens etc). Can't tell how this works but I know tomorrow morning I get to see the reveal :p

OR, we might just get a disappointing nothing until the "real" countdown ends. Either way, we can do nothing but kick back, grab a beer or twelve and see what happens :D

• Like 1