Pictures of your Games Episode IX - The Bigger Picture

Rosbjerg

Well, I failed the elusive target mission, as expected, though I got closer to the targets than I expected.  I then moved on to the 4th story mission and did quite well.

pbuxGU5.jpg

7TsUAxb.jpg

You can't really tell from the picture, but my man is getting electrocuted via faulty microphone while recording.  Good times.  

znCkeOC.jpg

The other kill wasn't nearly as exciting, stabbed with a screwdriver, but the end result was a pretty nice score with silent assassin status.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There hasn't been much variation in my gaming lately (this and Forza Horizon 3, basically)

Little kid telling her golem it's gonna be ok, I almost teared up. Aww. (but seriously, that bit was well done, in general quest design in GW2 is rather...meh. Though the overall lore is pretty cool)

gw150.jpg

Mom and Caithe

gw163.jpg

Some pretty neat area design

gw166.jpg

gw180.jpg

gw167.jpg

So what's better than plant-people? Plant-dragons of course!

gw172.jpg

Obligatory undead dragon (that's gonna get a beating)

gw181.jpg

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Finished the 6th and final story mission in HITMAN, just in time to clear my slate for the arrival of TToN.

vUPq59l.jpg

ffyCc1b.jpg

I managed to get silent assassin, which makes 3 of 6 missions I managed to achieve that illustrious rank, pretty respectable.  As for how I killed the targets, let's just say that...

/puts on sunglasses

Mr. Soders didn't have the heart to go through with his procedure.  As for Ms. Yamazaki...

//puts second pair of sunglasses over the first pair

She got a bit hot under the collar.

Fantastic game, loved every minute of it and I have plenty of stuff left to do.  There's a bonus mission, escalation missions, custom contracts, any future elusive targets, plus I want to replay all the story missions where I failed to get silent assassin and rectify that, also I want to attempt silent assassin, suit only (I always considered this to be the ultimate challenge, given how insanely integral disguises are to infiltration) on some of the missions.  There are a few missions where I think silent assassin, suit only might be impossible...  well, not really impossible, just impossible at my skill level, but I can give it a shot.  All that is in the future, though, as it's Torment time now.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Who loves you?

Melkathi does, and that's why he brings you Mordheim screenshots, knowing how much you missed them.

cJPTA2R.jpg

2qeyDBa.jpg

and some details I hadn't noticed yet:

ucfZMvP.jpg

Gk1N81P.jpg

• Like 6

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Reminds me of the two old ladies that visited me every 2 months or so during my stay in Vienna for 2 consecutive years...no make that 3(I am too nice to people, ain't I?!).

They always had a chat with me in front of the door hoping that I would convert and join their church. Only thing was that I am not religious to begin with, I just liked collecting their brochures, loads of nice paintings and funny stories in there. :p 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I just found keys from "Beautiful Desolation" in my spam folder (wtf?) Anyway, that means I can finally play Stasis! Well, at first I thought I'll just take a quick look at it and I kinda couldn't stop playing. I'll probably give up on my attempts at finishing Dead Space 3 in favor of Stasis.

It's got dem nice graphics:
eZ7JHnZ.jpg

CGI cutscenes (not really hi-fidelity, but neat nonetheless, especially for a rather low-budget game)
902jyvS.jpg

It also happens to be one of those adventure games where you can die in many amusing ways while looking at spelling errors
Fl8Qrhq.jpg

There's also some spoops along the way
TAXQuaj.jpg

Stand-alone screens with puzzles and environment details
kuq1pdu.jpg

And logs, obviously
81Th1wy.jpg
Uh... I mean:
NkBz2Ng.jpg

Oh and the intro is pretty amazing:

https://youtu.be/dXuXUhHsupA

Look, I really liked the intro, okay?

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 5

and we're back in Bolivia
jdw7okzacto.jpg

YEnovPyVeo8.jpg

sLArQByUfHE.jpg

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Man O' War: Corsair added custom skirmish battles (buying a fleet with points) and made all races playable.

Here are my Undead Skullthrone Escapees VS the Khorne Headhunters that are trying to capture them.
The battle's motto: No to the Skullthrone! No to the Bloodgod! We Shall Never Be Furniture Again!

OjYcv7L.jpg

lNGkm33.jpg

ubNP3xM.jpg

ARUifrc.jpg

4JgjB4G.jpg

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

We Shall Never Be Furniture Again!

Coffee I was just drinking joined my screen and parts of my keyboard in an a thoughtful discussion on how electronics don't mesh well with conductive liquids. Thank you, melkathi. Thank you very much.

and we're back in Bolivia

jdw7okzacto.jpg

YEnovPyVeo8.jpg

sLArQByUfHE.jpg

Game is loaded up. The beta (and the godawful radio; I ask the buddies I play with who drive to shut it off every time we hop into a car) gives me the impression that the writing won't be very good. I guess I was hoping for the Killing Pablo moral ambiguity and Iran-Contra parable intrigue you saw in Clear and Present Danger:

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

yeah, judging by that CIA agent's monologues and the cutscenes so far the writing is awful. I just skip them all and try to enjoy the game for its gameplay :)

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Latex-ism. is Alice a dominatrix in that?

Walsingham said: