Origin Of Your Name And Avatar

Mr. Teatime

Guest Mistress

I picked the name "Mistress" because the mistress is my favourite character in Dungeon Keeper, which happens to be my alltime favourite game.

Avatar - well, I usually tend to vary them on the forums I visit. Most of the time on the Lair I use Catwoman (from batman returns), or a pic of the lovely Angelina Jolie....depends :)

...Sargallath be an ol' PnP character o' mine from the 80's, A Wemic Barby...Abraxis was me ol' mate Fish's Minotaur Fighter an' me sidekick in a few ol' PnP campaigns...we had ta retire both chars cuz they gots too powerful an' our DM wouldna let us use 'em anymores ('twas either retirement or have theys face the Tarrasque; retirement by bein' eaten)...I combined the two an' got Sargallath Abraxium...I like stories... :lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

No avatar changing everyday as in my past on other boards...

why :( why :angry: :lol:

Well I may change it evenually...just not everyday. :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

<- avatar is the picture of the nightblade from ICE's PnP rpg Rolemaster. It's a spy/assassin character, whose primary statistics are agility and mental presence. It was the first PnP character I played in any rpg (back in 88), and I played it well, according to the DM. I was especially fond of the 'smokeflash' spell, which got me out of (or into) trouble in almost every adventure.

As I grew up and started to go out, I had a tendency to leave parties every weekend w/o saying goodbye, simple b/c I hate long goodbyes, where you have to explain why you're leaving, or who you're leaving with. The rest of the crew would normally accuse me of having 'smokeflash'ed' out of trouble again.

So, I guess I'm stuck with it..

->

McDonald? :lol:

No.

I don't know why I'm so paranoid about giving my full name out over the internet. After all, my trusty, blood-encrusted Louisville Slugger can kill anything, up to and including celestial beings. Which may or may not include God. I dunno, he hasn't tried to kill me yet.

Brief name summary:

Began as "Maverick" - Sad result of seeing "Top Gun" too many times

Changed to "Taorick" - pseudo-intelligentsia days where I wanted to balance the maverick (Te) side of my DnD character with a little Tao

Ended as Taoreich - I liked the spelling better and thought the "reich" added a little more contrast to the Tao connotation

Avatar: One bad apple. Which happens to be my last name

:)

I couldn't really think of a good name when I joined, so I named myself Skynet since I had just picked him up in Fallout 2. I've been thinking of changing it, but I love my sig and avatar too much.

As for the avatar, it was given to me as a gift from Dodger.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Here we go...

Arkan is derived from the name Arkhan, a character (main character actually) in a game called Dark Earth. It was a pretty good game, and I liked the sound of the name. I changed the spelling as I like it this way better. Oddly enough, nobody ever guessed the origin of the name when the subject came up long ago... I came up with the idea to use the name when I came up with the idea for my first character in BG2. An elf who was "born of fire"....the Fire elf :) Which, conveniently enough, explains the avatar. It's a picture of Link (of Zelda fame) that I liked, and asked someone to edit the image to what you see before you. And that, as they say, is that.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Avatar: Crates (speaks for itself, eh?)

Name: Well, it should actually be buckethead, but I lost the buckethead avatar, so it kidn of ruins the theme.

Out of curiousity ... where did the bucket go and why can't you get another?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Wait... I should have named myself Fishbeer it seems.

sounds like fish-flavoured beer, just imagine how most disgusting that would taste, when even hempbeer makes your stomach breakdance... *uargh*

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

My name is based on the classic Simpson's Ahnold-parody McBain. And that's my picture to your left.

I remember that episode where he reports to base that he is under attack by "commi-nazis" he then leaps from his plane onto the enemies and breaks the communist fascist's neck...good times

The Greatjon Umber is a character in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series. My first name is Jon, and when it came time to pick a username, it was one of the first things to come to mind.

The sigil of House Umber is a roaring giant, brown-haired, and wearing a skin, with broken silver chains, on flame-red.