Origin Of Your Name And Avatar

Mr. Teatime

Ramza is the main hero of Final Fantasy Tactics... He is also my favorite video game character of all times as he represents the epitome of justice...

As for my avatar, I have changed it quite a lot lately, it depicts Nami and Zorro, who are characters of the "One Piece" anime...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

My new avatar is Wasteland's depiction of a true american redneck. They are the funniest people on this planet, I think. Once I was up on this lookout in South Carolina, when I ran into a gang of rednecks. They all had mullets and I just couldn't help myself from laughing out loud. They threw empty beercans at me for that.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think stupidity is a human condition. There are stupid people all over the world. The United States has a population around 290 million people. (It's hard to tell with so many undocumented illegal aliens)

So, with a population that huge, it's not hard to find stupidity if you're looking for it. If Americans are so dumb, why do the vast majority of inventions and intellectual properties come from the United States?

If Americans are so dumb, why do the vast majority of inventions and intellectual properties come from the United States?

Where do you get this from?

China pirates billions and billions of dollars every week in US IP's such as music, videogames and movies.

US novels are translated in countless languages, where as few foreign novels ever get translated into English. The Harry Potter craze being an exception to this rule (HP being written by an English author rather than an American author).

And while the Toyota Corolla is the best selling car in the world, and Toyota is a Japanese company, the United States invented the automobile. Futhermore, the Corolla is produced in plants in Southern California, and Canada.

Ford Motor Company and General Motors are still the big giants in the auto business.

You're surfing the web on a computer right, or are you still using the heavily modified gameboy advance? If you look around, you'll likely find yourself surrounded by US inventions, though most US products are made with foreign labor.

One and the same.  Someone took Darth_Grandpa before me...atleast, that's what it said when I registered.

I've been backing away from the boards, in light of a few new projects I have going.  The biggest reason I'm here is because I'm waiting for the next KoTOR.

Today, I'm a little more active here, but only because I'm sick of web design at the moment.  (Redoing the intranet here at work)

Hmmm...you owe me some Carth reskins Grandpa :)

name: yeah I know Darth333 is a stupid name but it's anonymous too...doesn't say much

avatar: less anonymous than the name. there were not many female avatars where i started using this avatar and now it follows me (almost) everywhere...just like the name :p

And while the Toyota Corolla is the best selling car in the world, and Toyota is a Japanese company, the United States invented the automobile.  Futhermore, the Corolla is produced in plants in Southern California, and Canada.

That's American Pride talking right there. Even my father, the epitome of American Pride admits that it was invented in Europe...

An interesting fact though, is that the first manned flight wasn't at Kitty Hawk, it was here in my hometown, Grass Valley California, buy Mr. Lyman Gilmore, a rather crazy old inventor who didn't like to bathe. Due to lack of publicity and population in Grass Valley at the time though, the Wright Brothers went down in history as the fathers of flight. :)

And while the Toyota Corolla is the best selling car in the world, and Toyota is a Japanese company, the United States invented the automobile. Futhermore, the Corolla is produced in plants in Southern California, and Canada.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong.

"The very first self-powered road vehicles were powered by steam engines and by that definition Nicolas Joseph Cugnot of France built the first automobile in 1769 - recognized by the British Royal Automobile Club and the Automobile Club de France as being the first. So why do so many history books say that the automobile was invented by either Gottlieb Daimler or Karl Benz? It is because both Daimler and Benz invented highly successful and practical gasoline-powered vehicles that ushered in the age of modern automobiles. Daimler and Benz invented cars that looked and worked like the cars we use today. However, it is unfair to say that either man invented "the" automobile."

A frenchman invented the first car, but Daimler Benz invented the first mass produced car.

Source: http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aacarsgasa.htm

About the computer: The first computer ever was designed by a british gentleman called Charles Babbage in 1837. Of course, it wasn't built back then, but it is considered as being the "first computer".

If you're talking about the "modern" computer, then it's still a british invention. Check out http://www.computer50.org/ and see what you think.

As far as I know the automobile was invented in the states.

The biggest invention myth I know about is Guttenberg getting credit for inventing the printing press when China invented one much earlier.

This is interesting. Who, when and where was the automobile invented in the US? I've never heard of this.

And yes, the chinese invented the printing press (with cheramic molds!) but it never became known or even popular, mostly because their language is one of the most difficult languages on earth to do in writing. I think that is the reason for Gutenberg getting all the fame..