The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

Hillary is finished

Bruce on suicide watch yet?

Hillary is finished

Bruce on suicide watch yet?

You know the best part about a Trump win would be all the crow Bruce will have to eat. He's better chew it good!

GD :lol:

Okay we all adults here, I wont lie to you. As you know I am very frustrated by the lack of support for Hillary from this forum from the actual US members. I have tried to use logic, honesty, persuasion, reasonableness, patriotism, fear-mongering and its basically been ignored  :biggrin:

And I blame myself for not explaining the reality of why the US really doesnt need 4 years of Trump

And I promise you this has nothing to do with me being " right ", this is about the next 4 years and what is the best political situation for the US so I mean well 

Anyway there are some forum members, not you, who I will definitely  be gloating over if Hillary wins....so I have no issue with anyone doing the same to me if Trump wins  :cat:

But can you think of just one compelling reason why Trump deserves to  be president ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

:lol:  The thing that makes all of this so comical is that as long as Congress is controlled by the opposite Party who actually wins the Presidency is far less consequential than most people will believe. The Supreme Court vacancy is the biggest issue and if Clinton wins with a Republican Senate she will get a justice through and they will be a liberal but any potential Ginsburg or Kagan type will be DOA.

I know a lot of people will gnash their teeth and wail over Washington gridlock when the Congress & President are opposed but the truth is that is when we as a people are safest. Nothing but bad things happen when one party has all the power.

Yeah, you might abolish slavery or get people on the Moon. God forbid, that!

Both of which were done with President's of one party and at least one house of Congress controlled by a different party. The things that everyone agrees on still get done. But when there is no power behind the political opposition you get bad things like the Patriot Act and the ACA.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Presidents_and_control_of_Congress

The graph here isn't the most parseable thing, but it sure seems to me that in both 1863 and 1961 only one party controlled both houses and the presidency.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

But can you think of just one compelling reason why Trump deserves to  be president ?

Deserving is the wrong word as the people vote to win.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I know you support him but what is one reason you actually want Trump to win?

I don't believe I've ever said a positive thing about Trump.

Well this is the best answer you could have made because you must have been joking then when I asked you several months ago but you did say you supported Trump

And it  was a shock as at times you have deep views on SJ and I hate to think of anyone as a hypocrite....and considering your general view on equality in the world how could you seriously support Trump and not be a complete contradiction  :thumbsup:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The memes are just getting better and better:

pl581374a8.jpg

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I asked you several months ago but you did say you supported Trump

Probably confusing me with someone else.

I think you showed a car crashing into something and blowing up during that post.

Something about full accelerationism. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

" get bad things like the Patriot Act "

Funny thing about that is when Bush created the Patriot's Act, the Demos screamed bloody murder... yet once they got power, they LOVED it.

"Anyway there are some forum members, not you, who I will definitely  be gloating over if Hillary wins"

Who? Nobody here is actually pro Tramp and many of us believe the Hellsbeast will likely win. So name names.

"But can you think of just one compelling reason why Trump deserves to  be president ?"

He DOESN'T have 30 years of political experience. Of course, neither one of these punks DESERVE to be President. Besides, nobody 'deserves' to be Prez. The people vote them in. That is the only way it gets determined. Barring rigging.. but we know Demos would never whine about election rigging/theft..... right? RIGHT!?! Whining about election theft is something only anti  democracy Republicans do.... *cough* AL GORE *cough*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm sure I dont agree with this post but I'm not sure what you saying, please can you respond in simple English to these questions

• What " horrible thing "  has Clinton done?
  • Yes we dont want Trump to win, I know you support him but what is one reason you actually want Trump to win?
  • What do you mean by "Bourgeois democracy ?

Clinton has supported sanctions on Iraq in the 90's knowing full well that it would kill 100,000's of innocent people. She shilled for the Iraq war which got even more innocent people killed, costed the US trillions of dollars and screwed the middle east up even more. Clinton pushed for supporting the rebels in Syria which has prolonged and deepened the Syrian civil war which has contributed to the refugee crisis.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

https://www.facebook.com/cnnmoney/videos/10154034240553067/

Guys this video made me feel much better about this election, it really puts things in perspective. Most of us have become bogged down with this election and at times we appear jaded, frustrated or melancholic 

But we tend to forget there are always a new generation who will be voting for the first time and this election is very exciting and significant for them. It made me realize there are people who just want to be part of this historic election because they care.....no falseness or innuendo... very comforting for the future of the US

Also they raise issues in a candid and sincere way, how come we dont seem to be able to do that at times ?

Now yes these girls are only 18 so lets not be captious, they still have good insights 

Watch the video, you can skip the singing in the beginning as I found it annoying but watch from 2 minutes....also they sing the US antham at the end, very emotional and real  :cat:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

" get bad things like the Patriot Act "

Funny thing about that is when Bush created the Patriot's Act, the Demos screamed bloody murder... yet once they got power, they LOVED it.

"Anyway there are some forum members, not you, who I will definitely  be gloating over if Hillary wins"

Who? Nobody here is actually pro Tramp and many of us believe the Hellsbeast will likely win. So name names.

"But can you think of just one compelling reason why Trump deserves to  be president ?"

He DOESN'T have 30 years of political experience. Of course, neither one of these punks DESERVE to be President. Besides, nobody 'deserves' to be Prez. The people vote them in. That is the only way it gets determined. Barring rigging.. but we know Demos would never whine about election rigging/theft..... right? RIGHT!?! Whining about election theft is something only anti  democracy Republicans do.... *cough* AL GORE *cough*

I'm not sure if you are on my  " gloating " list, we seem to have debates in an open way. I'm not sure how much more I can continue to try to improve your views....its gets draining at times because you make progress but then you make illogical posts 

Also as I said earlier I firmly believe you have an irrational insecurity about women and gender equality. And until such time as you acknowledge this its makes it difficult to help you see the right perspective  :dancing:

John Milton 

"Also as I said earlier I firmly believe you have an irrational insecurity about women and gender equality"

Why do you you insult my mother? Are you claiming falsely she did a poor job raising me? My mother taught me to respect everyone - men and women. This just proves you are sexist because you seem to bash my mother simply because she is a woman and you don't even know her. :(

The sanctions didn't kill the innocent people. Saddam Hussein did. Don't lie.

So if people are deprived of food and water deliberately by Hillary, Saddam is the culprit?

"Also as I said earlier I firmly believe you have an irrational insecurity about women and gender equality"

Why do you you insult my mother? Are you claiming falsely she did a poor job raising me? My mother taught me to respect everyone - men and women. This just proves you are sexist because you seem to bash my mother simply because she is a woman and you don't even know her. :(

I understand it may seem upsetting to realize you are insecure about women but this can be fixed and addressed. I am not saying you hate women and you not a  misogynist. And you not like Trump

I know this because despite all your attempts to undermine any posts I make highlighting sexism you care about your niece for example. Remember when I realized she worked in the sex industry you did defend her....in fact she not have worked there if I recall or you did say she has subsequently left ?

But lets be honest, in all the years  I have raised any issue around sexism or abuse you have never ever even attempted to support me....not once. Now most members dont necessarily support me but you also constantly say things like " Clinton laughs at rape victims". Its frequent and very inaccurate and does not appear rationale 

But end of the day you can change this view if you want, you just need to resolve the core issue you have with women. This will be  a personal journey, I don't expect you to share it unless you want to ?

John Milton 

Aw was hoping you would use "sources say.."

You can basically read this thread on autopilot.

"According to pol some sources Clinton has admitted she'll be abolishing income tax and replacing it with racial serfdom".

"We just need to go out and vote third party then our broken 2 party system might be able to fix itself by 2020"

"x IS A SJW NAZI SCUM. IF YUO SUPPORT x YOU SUPPOPRT RAPE AND EVIL. PERIOD"

"c'mon guys you can't really hold this horrible thing Clinton has done against her?? surely you no shes sorry and dont wont trump to winn right?? (◕ᴗ◕✿)

"Bourgeois democracy is a sham we're all doomed".

Etc.

And nary a solution to be found in this post. i just love cynicism, it's so self serving.

Coming from you, that's hilarious.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This must be the first time you have cracked  a really good joke, you normally very serious

...nice one  :lol:

John Milton 

" Remember when I realized she worked in the sex industry you did defend her....in fact she not have worked there if I recall or you did say she has subsequently left ? "

Why are you spreading lies about a young woman you don't even know. Man, you must really hate women a lot that you making up nonsense like that just because I hurt your feels. LMAO Stop  slinging mud at  girl you don't even know. That is sexist.

"So if people are deprived of food and water deliberately by Hillary, Saddam is the culprit?"

Hussein was the dictator of Iraq. If he wanted the people fed and watered, he could have done so. He chose not to because he did not care about them - only himself and his cronies.

As for the queen thing that must be a joke. She is a Nazi and a dictator and pro slavery. All royalty must be treated as the evil scum they are until it is abolished.

Edited by Volourn

Really Volo, you are like the MRLS of Nazi accusations :p

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"So if people are deprived of food and water deliberately by Hillary, Saddam is the culprit?"

Hussein was the dictator of Iraq. If he wanted the people fed and watered, he could have done so. He chose not to because he did not care about them - only himself and his cronies.

That would put him into a position of indifference. He's not the reason they're starving; he's just not helping. They're starving because of Hillary (and her allies). There are people starving in Africa right now that I could help, but I don't. Am I the reason they are starving?

Volourn is the heart of this forum. 

Volourn is the heart of this forum  of all free men.

Fixed.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

:lol:  The thing that makes all of this so comical is that as long as Congress is controlled by the opposite Party who actually wins the Presidency is far less consequential than most people will believe. The Supreme Court vacancy is the biggest issue and if Clinton wins with a Republican Senate she will get a justice through and they will be a liberal but any potential Ginsburg or Kagan type will be DOA.

I know a lot of people will gnash their teeth and wail over Washington gridlock when the Congress & President are opposed but the truth is that is when we as a people are safest. Nothing but bad things happen when one party has all the power.

Yeah, you might abolish slavery or get people on the Moon. God forbid, that!

Both of which were done with President's of one party and at least one house of Congress controlled by a different party. The things that everyone agrees on still get done. But when there is no power behind the political opposition you get bad things like the Patriot Act and the ACA.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Presidents_and_control_of_Congress

The graph here isn't the most parseable thing, but it sure seems to me that in both 1863 and 1961 only one party controlled both houses and the presidency.

After the 1860 election the Democrats had a 38-25 majority in the Senate. In 1861 the Confederate States seceded and took all but two Democrats with them. So yes, Lincoln did have an uncontested majority in 1863 but it was under extraordinary circumstances. But we are splitting hairs here. Your point is taken as to 1863.

The Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo program did not begin or end with Kennedy in 1961. It began with Eisenhower and a Democrat House and Republican Senate in 1957 with the initial approval and funding and 1958 with actual operations. The goal to go to the moon mas made a national priority by Kennedy but it was always the target beginning with Mercury. Apollo ended in 1972 after 3 Presidents or two different parties and seven Congresses some controlled by one party, some controlled by both. 

When Congress is in opposition to the President the government does not stop working. In fact it works better because the important things we all agree on still get passed and the partisan things that are usually bad ideas to begin with get stopped. The Patriot Act, the Affordable Care Act, The Community Reinvestment Act were all very bad laws that would never have passed had Congress opposed the President or had the been an opposition President to veto them. I can think of a half dozen bad laws that were killed by veto. 

Our system works best when there is obstruction to keep it from working at all. If you ask me it was brilliantly designed to do exactly that. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"MRLS"

?

"Volourn is the heart of this forum  of all free men,"

Non living creatures.

"That would put him into a position of indifference. He's not the reason they're starving; he's just not helping. They're starving because of Hillary (and her allies). There are people starving in Africa right now that I could help, but I don't. Am I the reason they are starving?"

You are a random person in Michigan. You have no influence or power in Afrika. Hussein was the President of Iraq. It is his 'job' (lol) to lead and run his country. To compare the two of you is silly don't you think? He had the mnoney, the power, and the influence to help Iraqis. he chose not to. I guarantee he didn't allow his allies  to starve. Also, the sanctions were put in place because of Hussein's actions. His choices made them happen. So, yeah, it absolutely is his fault.

WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME DEFEND HILLARY!?!