The US Election 2016, Part V

Pidesco

"For me its not enough for Trump to make vague general apologies for " using the wrong words ". He needs to give specific examples where he feels he has offended people or the " apology  " means nothing  8)"

Typical SJW Nazi. Nothing pleases you. It's why I believe we should NEVER apologize to any terrorist because it is never enough.

"GD you should  also consider the fact Obama is on a 50-55 % overall approval rating, this is much higher than Bush was at the same time of his second term

So people would be more critical of Bush, he was more disliked ?"

So you admit bias amongst the media right? they like Obama more so they won't criticize him as much even when he deserves it. I guess that is why he gets away with his blatant racism and anti cop stance.

"Speaking of news organizations hiring violent racists: "

Al Sharpton has always been a piece of crap racist scumbag. It is too basd that his racism is largely directed at blacks because him and his ilk (Hillary) love keeping blacks  as low as possible. It is the only reason they have power - meanwhile other minorities like Asians thrive in the US. go figure.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I find it interesting that as floods do billions in damage in Louisiana the President is on vacation playing golf at Martha's Vineyard and has had little to say and hasn't troubled himself to visit. Of course, what could he do there? Is he going to drive a boat or pick up a bucket to bail water? So the media has been silent about the fact that this disaster seems beneath his notice. Of course I recall another time that flood waters did billions in damage in Louisiana and a different President was on vacation at his home in Texas and the media was not nearly so understanding. In fact they excoriated him for the remainder of his days in office and for years after in fact. What is the difference? That one had an R after his name. This one has a D.

Obama was asked by the Governor of Louisiana not to come because of potential for distraction of rescue efforts and advised Trump to not come if he is using the visit as a photo op and for political gain.

So of course, Trump is using it for political gain.

Meanwhile, Obama is getting regular briefings and communicating via modern telecommunication technologies.

...and now he is going. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/19/politics/obama-to-visit-baton-rouge-next-week/index.html

No one knows what's really going on anymore.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I thought the outcry was silly for Bush and this is silly too. Whata re they going to do? The gov't and its response is bigger than oen person. besdies, the State should handle in state issues. Prez should be dealing with multi state issues or out of country stuff. But, yeah, as per usual, the whining is on party lines. Typical politics.

On the general run of American politics and attitudes...

(image)

misunderstanding. ain't the number but the manner in which such has been used. obama has frequent used executive orders to circumvent Congress. is not the number o' orders that makes folks cry foul but rather the belief that obama has far exceeded the limits o' executive authority as granted to him by the Constitution. admittedly, in the last couple decades, Congress has become willful impotent. folks on the Hill is purposeful not doing their jobs.  is less risky to do nothing and let courts and the executive fulfill the role that once were within the zone o' influence o' the legislative branch.  obama's executive orders arguable has exceeded Constitutional limits, but Congressional incompetence has created a power vacuum that were gonna naturally be filled by either the States or the POTUS. 

what obama has done with executive orders is, all too often, unconstitutional.  is not quantity but quality. the thing is, obama were only in a position to misuse executive orders to the degree he has  'cause o' long-term, unchecked, Congressional futility.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I find it interesting that as floods do billions in damage in Louisiana the President is on vacation playing golf at Martha's Vineyard and has had little to say and hasn't troubled himself to visit. Of course, what could he do there? Is he going to drive a boat or pick up a bucket to bail water? So the media has been silent about the fact that this disaster seems beneath his notice. Of course I recall another time that flood waters did billions in damage in Louisiana and a different President was on vacation at his home in Texas and the media was not nearly so understanding. In fact they excoriated him for the remainder of his days in office and for years after in fact. What is the difference? That one had an R after his name. This one has a D.

Obama was asked by the Governor of Louisiana not to come because of potential for distraction of rescue efforts and advised Trump to not come if he is using the visit as a photo op and for political gain.

So of course, Trump is using it for political gain.

Meanwhile, Obama is getting regular briefings and communicating via modern telecommunication technologies.

...and now he is going. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/19/politics/obama-to-visit-baton-rouge-next-week/index.html

Obama will go next week, when the rescue effort will become less hectic.

Edited by ktchong

On the general run of American politics and attitudes...

(image)

misunderstanding. ain't the number but the manner in which such has been used. obama has frequent used executive orders to circumvent Congress. is not the number o' orders that makes folks cry foul but rather the belief that obama has far exceeded the limits o' executive authority as granted to him by the Constitution. admittedly, in the last couple decades, Congress has become willful impotent. folks on the Hill is purposeful not doing their jobs.  is less risky to do nothing and let courts and the executive fulfill the role that once were within the zone o' influence o' the legislative branch.  obama's executive orders arguable has exceeded Constitutional limits, but Congressional incompetence has created a power vacuum that were gonna naturally be filled by either the States or the POTUS. 

what obama has done with executive orders is, all too often, unconstitutional.  is not quantity but quality. the thing is, obama were only in a position to misuse executive orders to the degree he has  'cause o' long-term, unchecked, Congressional futility.

HA! Good Fun!

Congressional deadlock is not a bad thing sometimes. As you mentioned a few pages ago, one might say the government is the people (not a notion I buy 100%). The House of Representatives even more so than the Senate, Executive, or Court. When the Republicans became the majority in 2010 they did so with the promise to rein in the President. By not passing his agenda they are doing exactly that. It isn't futility then, it's the will of the people. The President should not take Congressional intransigence as license to do whatever the hell he pleases with executive orders. Now if you meant Congressional futility was them rolling over on their backs and letting the last two Presidents use executive orders to usurp their power then I'd agree. Congress should have hauled him up short several times, not waited for the court to do it two times.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You know term limits might go a long way towards Congress behaving the way Congress should. When legislators can't see past the next election it makes them far less likely to do what must be done even if it's unpleasant. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Term limits are never going to happen. There is no way congressmen will willingly act against their own interests and as long as districts/states continue to elect them based upon party there is nothing that could force them to.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Term limits are never going to happen. There is no way congressmen will willingly act against their own interests and as long as districts/states continue to elect them based upon party there is nothing that could force them to.

Oh I know. As soon as wish they would all wake up and do the right thing tomorrow. 

Thomas Sowell

I can  smell the  SJW Nazi outrage crying botus exism if a nude statue mocking Hillary would be  place.

btw, That is disgusting.  If I wa sa SJW Nazi wanting to ban things that disgust me that statue would be one. LMAO

14045582_1423118504365790_71971354957664

This statue is meant for body shaming. Whoever made is engaging in toxic masculinity and is a sexist.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

"This statue is meant for body shaming. Whoever made is engaging in toxic masculinity and is a sexist." - Namutree.

"The Nazis had the right idea just the wrong target." - SJW Nazi.

Trump needs to post a selfie with it on twitter with it wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

14045582_1423118504365790_71971354957664

He's not even president yet and people are already making statues of him. :)

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

"Trump's change of heart on amnesty
Is sure to be a hit
From border wall to open door
Watch Coulter lose her s***"

Courtesy of Rick Wilson.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Navy-Blue-6.jpg

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-campaign-manager-kellyanne-conway-advises-authentic/story?id=41483593

Again some irony around the Trump campaign, his entire campaign until a week ago had some of the worst polling data any candidate could ask for. This is partly a direct  result of his misplaced " I tell it how it is " and  " I dont believe in being PC .....that is for the weak and craven. I am Trump...I dont need to be PC " 

I have heard for months from some Trump supporters how Trumps way is the best way but we have seen several influence  Trump inner circle members  resign or get fired, people  like Corey Lewandowski and Paul Manafort and the person now brought in as the public face of the Trump campaign....a women, Kellyanne Conway

Of course this is the right decision and the best way to attempt to salvage Trumps image, just the suggestion that  a group of alpha male men could be the best face of the Trump campaign was ridiculous to begin with. I watched her on CNN  today, she is obviously good but I think its too late to change most peoples views on Trump

But this development raises a more important question , are the days of Trumps " I dont believe in PC " over ? Because Kellyanne is all about PC. I hope its over, the suggestion that being PC  is somehow wrong always use to surprise me and it definitely hasnt helped the Trump campaign at this stage 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela