2016 Olympics

Guard Dog

There has been that slight kerfluffle about how a bunch of news reports on the female athletes winning medals has been a bit....

"wife of so and so wins gold"

Not even putting the athletes name in the headline, just their being a wife of a Chicago linebacker or similar.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The booing of Efimova is amusing. Wonder if Gatlin will get the same.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The booing of Efimova is amusing. Wonder if Gatlin will get the same.

I actually ended up rooting for her. I found the American TV shills and Lilly King especially insufferable.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

All American swimmers are insufferable tbh.

That's true.

...though I liked Summer Sanders and Janet Evans. Natalie Coughlin is also pretty chill despite going to Carondelet for high school.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Germany's women's football team should be ashamed.

Canada plays like some vision of England. Barely able to dribble

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I haven't been watching the Olympics but I always enjoy women's soccer more than men's. Not just because our women's team is vastly more successful but also because they flop waaaay less often. They also seem to play smarter with less hero ball

But what do I know, I stopped playing soccer in the youth league

Free games updated 3/4/21

and that's 20 golds for phelps

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

aand that's #21 for phelps

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I haven't been watching the Olympics but I always enjoy women's soccer more than men's. Not just because our women's team is vastly more successful but also because they flop waaaay less often. They also seem to play smarter with less hero ball

But what do I know, I stopped playing soccer in the youth league

Flopping maybe. Game is slower and the crossing and passing is generally worse.

Hope Solo ****ing up was pretty funny though https://streamable.com/wo4e

Edited by Malcador

lol @ USA struggling against Australia

weren't they supposed to be good at sports they invented?

Technically speaking, James Naismith was Canadian.

They better take Carmelo Anthony out for a steak dinner tonight. He just saved them in the 4th.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They better take Carmelo Anthony out for a steak dinner tonight. He just saved them in the 4th.

Favorite part of the game was Cousins having another patented meltdown; getting benched --throwing a tantrum, then Draymond having to go up to him and telling him to CHILL THE F-- DOWN. Oh Boogie, don't ever change.