I have been and still am a huge fan of the work done for digitizing the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. Not only do I play it, but I got my wife hooked on it too. When I saw the release of AD3, quickly followed by word that AD4 was coming in June, I was amazed. That was an incredible pace for a mobile game. As someone in the IT industry, I also completely understood when June slipped by, and no AD4. We're now getting towards the end of July, and haven't heard anything about the next AD, though. I recognize that your QA team is working hard to make sure the new AD doesn't contain showstopper bugs, but I was hoping we might be able to get some word on when you're aiming for release?

Eagerly awaiting the next decks (And secretly wondering how the heck you're gonna do Skull & Shackles, much less the more recent zany decks).

We have it scheduled before the end of August with at least one patch coming before it.  I would give you the exact date we have planned but I would be shot in the neck with a dart before...

/slumpsoverdesk

Thanks for the update!  I'm thankful for all the progress that's been made in the last couple months.

Don't believe all the forum postings, not everyone here has been sharpening their pitchforks since "June"   8)

I'm also happy enough the the progress on the current game and content that I'm thinking about the next adventure path to come.  Is it too early for Obsidian to have asked that question?  There are a few to choose from in the table to game: Skull & Shackles, Wrath of the Righteous and Mummy's Mask.  There are also several other character decks to add as well.

For what it's worth, my vote would be for character decks - because they might be easier to implement than new scenarios within adventures/adventure paths - and then iterate through the Wrath of the Righteous content.

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

Flounder,

Thanks for sticking your neck out like this. I completely understand not wanting to give a hard date, because that's usually a recipe for disaster if it's missed (Or worse, bugs left in because you had no wiggle room in the release date). Just knowing the ROM time frame you're aiming for is great. Looking forward to AD4, and hopefully a smoother path towards 5 and 6. And now I can stop relentlessly checking the forums on the off chance the question was answered. :)

We have it scheduled before the end of August with at least one patch coming before it.  I would give you the exact date we have planned but I would be shot in the neck with a dart before...

/slumpsoverdesk

Can we expect another patch in July?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

/slumpsoverdesk

We're trying to get this out as quick as we can.  We know everyone wants it but it is still in development.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last day of August and still no AD4.

Well, it all depends on which calendar you're using.... It maaaay be the last day of August by the Gregorian Calendar, but according to the Julian Calendar it is only August 17.

Anyway, I'm more than willing to let them thoroughly play-test everything while I sit around playing Mankind Divided on my Xbox. Still a win-win proposal in my book!

You guys are so forgiving but it's hurting the game if we keep praising them when they finally deliver. Things are bad for the game and to me it feels like Obsidian has more or less given up on their iOS/Android timeline as their F2P concept isn't making them enough and shifted the majority of their focus onto the Steam launch.

Regardless of how optimistic you guys are, it's the end of August and there hasn't been any patch notes for 1.04 which means we won't be getting it as promised.

You guys are so forgiving but it's hurting the game if we keep praising them when they finally deliver. Things are bad for the game and to me it feels like Obsidian has more or less given up on their iOS/Android timeline as their F2P concept isn't making them enough and shifted the majority of their focus onto the Steam launch.

Regardless of how optimistic you guys are, it's the end of August and there hasn't been any patch notes for 1.04 which means we won't be getting it as promised.

I'm certainly not thrilled with the delays, but I also want the devs to release solid content and I am willing to be patient (maybe to a fault).  I do not feel that Obsidian has given up on mobile, I believe they are trying their best to iron out problems and eventually provide an excellent product.  Personally I LOVE the game (despite it's bugs) and I anxiously await what may be in store for the game down the road.  I realize many people are frustrated with the way things have gone, but I also hope that Obsidian isn't getting too frustrated!  I really want this game to realize it's true potential, which I think is huge!

• Like 1

I'm certainly not thrilled with the delays, but I also want the devs to release solid content and I am willing to be patient (maybe to a fault).  I do not feel that Obsidian has given up on mobile, I believe they are trying their best to iron out problems and eventually provide an excellent product. 

That's pretty much how I feel too.  I'm not exactly cheering on missed release dates, but there's enough happening in my life that I can put Pathfinder down every now and then and not feel like something's missing.

It somewhat reminds me of playing the physical game.  Run through a couple adventure decks with friends...., wait a bunch of months until everyone's schedules realign.  Waiting long chunks of time between decks just makes the pathfinder experience more authentic.

I'm certainly not thrilled with the delays, but I also want the devs to release solid content and I am willing to be patient (maybe to a fault).  I do not feel that Obsidian has given up on mobile, I believe they are trying their best to iron out problems and eventually provide an excellent product. 

That's pretty much how I feel too.  I'm not exactly cheering on missed release dates, but there's enough happening in my life that I can put Pathfinder down every now and then and not feel like something's missing.

It somewhat reminds me of playing the physical game.  Run through a couple adventure decks with friends...., wait a bunch of months until everyone's schedules realign.  Waiting long chunks of time between decks just makes the pathfinder experience more authentic.

How much waiting is enough? AD4 was supposed to be out in June. 'Unexpected bugs' was the reason Obsidian claimed. Then July came and went and still no AD4. All we got were new chests where half the stuff we open cannot be used yet. Then in August, what do we get? New dice skins and an update so small (for a promo card 99% of the world cannot get) it might as well be a middle finger from Obsidian.

I bet you all these cosmetic add-ons are causing these bugs as well as the re-programming the developers need to do to make the game more in line with the F2P business model. And before anyone points it out, I'll admit that I'm angry and I'm angry because I love this game and I'm tired of waiting!

I'm waiting until the new deck releases before I use any of my accumulated gold, which is between 30 to 35k at this point. Release been pushed back a couple times. Not angry. Just curious if there's any news since the guy up above said they're working on it. That was Aug 11.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

I'm also really curious as to how messed up your base program must be to have so many bugs which caused something meant to be released in a month to be more than 3 times that. I know the development team is small (like 3-5 people) but still, Obsidian is not a small name company, with Neverwinter Nights 2 and South Park - Stick of Truth under their belts.