The Weird, Random, and Interesting things that Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Rosbjerg

Isn't that what trump wants? For other coutnries to do/pay their share? They are playing into his hands.

NO FREE RIDES.

All this means is less Amerikan $ being spend to defend Europe.  That'sd a W for Trump. Right? RIGHT.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Isn't that what trump wants? For other coutnries to do/pay their share? They are playing into his hands.

NO FREE RIDES.

All this means is less Amerikan $ being spend to defend Europe.  That'sd a W for Trump. Right? RIGHT.

It's good in a way, yes

If you want to keep them dependent on the US then maybe not as good

Free games updated 3/4/21

Besides Germany, who would you even fear in a European coalition? I hope they donate lots of Leopard's. :thumbsup:

French as well. Don't think you have to be fearing the EU, but still it's something to hold over the head of the EU (not much but whatever).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Besides Germany, who would you even fear in a European coalition? I hope they donate lots of Leopard's. :thumbsup:

Pfft, Bofors. 'Nuff said.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Pro-tips about mobs and riots:

The most effective way to survive a mob or riot is not to be there. During times of public distress (such as is currently going on in places like notably Portland) do your very best to widely avoid all such areas. If you're the angry side, it's not worth getting killed once the mob gets bad enough (and 'your' side often gets killed/raped/assaulted by 'your' side in such situations). And if you're a counter protester, better rig up in mosh gear and put in a mouthpiece. Oh, and carry a big freaking stick.

If you are driving, definitely avoid. See the video of the pregnant lady getting assaulted.

However, if you happen to be stuck in a mob, here are some tips.

Mobs are a non-Newtonian fluid. Which means under pressure they get harder and harder. Keep that firmly in mind.

If you find yourself in a mob and can pass as a member of the mob in any way, shape or form, do so. Just shouting 'honeydew melon' over and over again often works. They're loud. People don't tend to notice what you're saying. Just keep moving, keep your group together by holding hands (except in the very specific case of your group being all male and the mob being skin-heads, and ONLY in that case) and head towards a safe zone.

Note the general direction of the mob and look for obstacles in their way. If you cannot get out of the way and into a secure or semi-secure location, get behind such an obstacle and let the 'pressure' build up on the other side. If you do it right you're in a 'low pressure' zone.

If you find yourself in a 'high pressure' zone, compressed against a wall or something, you're pretty much ****ed. I nearly was a statistic in one when I was twelve. You really don't understand 'lack of control' until you're being pressed against a marble wall by a few thousand people. It's believed that most of the Romans at Cannae were simply crushed to death by the crowds around them. See also the scene in the Battle of the Bastards (is that right?) in Game of Thrones.

If you are in a vehicle:

It depends upon what jurisdiction you are in and what your primary needs are. If you're fleeing a country and can take the murder rap:

Go backwards like you're in a demolition derby. Hit the crowd HARD. Fling bodies off your back bumper. Then stop. Then accelerate and do a jump over the bodies to the clear(ish) area on the far side. Stop. Slam. Jump. Stop.

You have to have acceleration to clear the broken bodies in your direction of travel.

If this is a bit excessive or if you're in your home country and unwilling to take the Vehicular Homicide rap:

Driving forward slowly (as Jack Clemons suggested) leads to the non-Newtonian fluid problem and you end up with them clogged in front of you and are essentially stalled out.

Try doing something similar which is 'bump'

Bump forward. Press the rioters in front of you at about 3MPH with your foot on the brake. They will recoil then probably come around the vehicle to counter attack. Their 'press' on the mob should push some of the pressure off as well. Drive forward and 'bump' the next group. With LUCK you won't A: End up with a body knocked down you have to run over. (Which will lead to VH charges.) B: The very angry rioters who are coming around to break out your window will be left behind in the crowd.

This is by the way 'vehiclular battery'. You'd better have a clear and useful reason to do it as it is ALSO a felony. But better than VH and also better than being assaulted and possibly killed. As always, you're choosing between being carried by six or judged by twelve.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Leclerc is actually a very solid tank as well. Between its state-of-the-art electronics package, "hyperbar" engine, and GALIX multi-spectral protection system it's a tough nut to crack.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The Leclerc is actually a very solid tank as well. Between its state-of-the-art electronics package, "hyperbar" engine, and GALIX multi-spectral protection system it's a tough nut to crack.

Really? Leopard, fierce, vicious predator with many, many, many sharp teeth;Leopard-Dangerous-Face.jpg

LeClerc;

tumblr_m0dv34jjEy1qfo73d.jpg

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well KMW and Nexter have merged together, so we could see some new MBT come out of this endeavour (Eurokampfpanzer Leoclerc, anyone?). Though knowing French procurement policies once the design work is finished they'll demand that the only thing that gets done in a German factory is the paintjob. 

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

For the legal jeopardy...

BBC - British woman arrested and charged with having extra-marital sex when she reports her rape.

A British woman has been charged with having extra-martial sex in Dubai, according to the Detained in Dubai legal advice group.

The UK-based group said the woman was arrested after she reported being raped by two British men.

It said she has been released on bail but her passport has been confiscated.

The Foreign Office said "We are supporting a British woman in relation to this case and will remain in contact with her family."

The woman, who is in her 20s, was reportedly attacked by two men from Birmingham while she was on holiday.

Her alleged attackers have since returned to the UK, with no charges filed against them, according to Detained in Dubai.

The group, which helps British people abroad, said the woman may face trial for the charges - for which possible punishments include imprisonment, deportation, flogging and even stoning to death.

Radha Stirling, founder and director of Detained in Dubai, said the UAE had a long history of penalising rape victims.

"We have been involved with several cases in the past where this has happened, and we work with the lawyers and families and have campaigned to change attitudes in the police and judiciary.

"Recent cases... show that it is still not safe for victims to report these crimes to the police without the risk of suffering a double punishment".

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 2 weeks later...

Satanic Temple Says Texas's New Rules on Fetal Burial Violate Their Religious Freedom

In December, Texas will impose new rules requiring all fetal remains to be buried or cremated, a sneaky way to impede abortion access and make patients feel just a little worse, all at the same time. The Satanic Temple, the nation’s best and foremost trolls, declared today that under federal religious freedom laws, their members must be granted immunity from the new rules.

Texas’s new rules (not a “law,” since it didn’t go through a legislative process, but a bureaucratic one), stipulate that fetal remains have to be buried or cremated by hospitals or healthcare providers. The rules won’t apply to miscarriages or abortions that occur at home, and healthcare providers won’t be required to obtain death certificates for fetal tissue, which could have created privacy concerns.

Nonetheless, the Satanic Temple sees the whole thing for what it is: a naked bid to elevate fetal tissue to the status of a human being. In a press release, Satanic Temple spokesperson Lucien Greaves called the new rules, which go into effect December 19, “a direct violation” of the group’s religious beliefs.
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

'Fetal tissue'. It cracks me up in a sad way how far pro abortionists will go to make themselves feel better about killing other human beings.

But, hey, go tell that to any woman who has suffered a miscarriage or a couple that has tried for years to no avail to have a child. Or hell, a woman who has struggled mightly with the tough choice of whether or not to have an abortion, give the child up for adoption, or ultimately to keep it. Or the woman who is pregnant , is looking forward to giving birth, and having some wackadoo push her down the stairs killing the child. Or the hsiband who has to bury his wife after she makes the tough choice of having a child even though it could (and ultimately does) cost her life. Go ahead tell them that it is 'fetal tissue'.

Using gobbledygook  and passing it off as 'high end science' doesn't change the actual scientific and biological facts. These 'moral yardspinners' seem to never interact with actual humans who have to deal with this tough issue.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This has been trending here in Australia.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/pets/viral-kangaroo-video-is-more-than-meets-the-eye/news-story/5cc6c08c2de68f0a0906b6eee5eeec20

IT’S been dubbed the most Aussie video you’ll ever see — a man dressed in a flanno [shirt] squaring off with a big roo in the rugged Australian bush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRT7lf8byw

Edited by Hiro Protagonist
  • Like 3

The kangaroo looks completely flabbergasted.

"He...he..he did actually hit me!"

• Like 6

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

J1Gi1LE.jpg

I am disappointed "Maybe it's Neighbelline" didn't come to mind

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Reminds me of the Wall of the Faithless...and perhaps something else from Planescape: Torment, too.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.