Defining Social Justice Warrior

Hurlshort

That's for New Zealand, we have a big excess of humanities teachers and a major shortage of science and technology teachers. Don't know how it is elsewhere but you'd certainly know the US situation better than I. There's also a shortage of rural teachers and teachers for remote areas but that's more of a fundamental problem (housing available, reduced social aspects etc) than BA grads deciding to go for teaching as there aren't jobs in anything else then finding there aren't jobs there either.

You know what SJW nazi is. Our Kanandian PM who  says all the 'right things'. He calls himself a feminist, he hates men, he claims to be anti violence... but when push comes to shove... he loves to physically attack women. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

SJW Nazism at his finest!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You know what SJW nazi is. Our Kanandian PM who  says all the 'right things'. He calls himself a feminist, he hates men, he claims to be anti violence... but when push comes to shove... he loves to physically attack women. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Huh, did i miss something?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There was some sort of kerfuffle in the commons today. A heated discussion between MPs, and Trudeau came to pull one of his guys out of the discussion and accidentally elbowed a female conservative MP in the chest, who had to run away because she was so violated.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

There was some sort of kerfuffle in the commons today. A heated discussion between MPs, and Trudeau came to pull one of his guys out of the discussion and accidentally elbowed a female conservative MP in the chest, who had to run away because she was so violated.

Hahahaha

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Overblown contact but I dunno why he was going over there in the first place.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Have you googled Bay Area home prices? While I'm sure bad financial planning and jonesian endeavors are an issue for many, it doesn't change the fact the Bay Area is not affordable.

% of homes over $1 million

San Francisco: 57%

San Jose: 46%

Oakland: 20%

LA: 16%

NY: 12%

Seattle: 7%

Big city avg 3

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByRosenberg/status/733149291942809600

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByRosenberg/status/733333174986629120

How do people live here without COLA?

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm surprised by New York. Is that the city or the state? I would think they would be higher.

If it was only Manhattan, it would definitely be higher, but they're including all the buroughs.

I still can't get over the fact that 1 in 5 houses in OAKLAND are over a million dollars.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

The Hills, Piedmont, and Rockridge neighborhoods have always been swank and Emeryville is tech friendly.

But it's West Oakland that has seen the greatest change. History of gang activity, drive-bys, illicit trade....but the tech hipsters are taking over.

I read that earlier, it made me laugh.  If McDonalds can save money by automating their restaurants, by all means they should do it.  It will create a massive boom in robotics jobs.  None of this excuses a business from paying a livable wage, particularly one as profitable as McDonalds.  

• Like 1

I found it interesting that in a little over one year of paying someone $15/hour, you completely pay off the robot in full (2080 x 15 = 31200).

Yeah, but that robot is still going to require regular maintenance and upgrades.  It also probably isn't really equipped to handle the customer service aspects.  You can probably argue that the average McDonalds isn't equipped for that either, but if their job is no longer about flipping fries, then you would expect them to be able to focus more on the human element.  

You only need a human in the front end taking orders and dealing with people. Everything from the register on back can be automated. I agree that maintenance would need to be factored in but thats chump change compared to "managing" a human. No rest, no errors. Humans are almost always the weak link in a system, unless you need decision making capabilities. And I think in our lifetime we will see machine even overcome that limitation.

You only need a human in the front end taking orders and dealing with people. Everything from the register on back can be automated. I agree that maintenance would need to be factored in but thats chump change compared to "managing" a human. No rest, no errors. Humans are almost always the weak link in a system, unless you need decision making capabilities. And I think in our lifetime we will see machine even overcome that limitation.

It just seems weird to me that the rationale behind keeping the minimum wage lower is that these jobs are really obsolete.  Why are we stifling progress? 

Like full service gas stations. Those jobs exist to give people jobs, not because they fill any sort of need.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Humans are almost always the weak link in a system, unless you need decision making capabilities. And I think in our lifetime we will see machine even overcome that limitation.

I most certainly hope so; after all, the decision-making capabilities of your average person are also kind of ****.

To be fair though, most humans tend to be at least passable at human-to-human interaction.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

God damn species traitor.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra