[3.01] Carnage does not work with unarmed

Doppelschwert

Question

This bug explains a lot of why Maneha seemed to perform really bad in my current run...

Carnage does not work with unarmed, in contrast to its description saying it works with any melee attack.

Carnage also does not work with bash (which is understandable, but that working together would be cooler as well).

That explains why my unarmed + shield bash maneha performs so bad in all of those group battles.

Edited by Doppelschwert

6 answers to this question

^ This is strange.

Just checked ingame, and can confirm Doppelschwert's experience. Unarmed and bash attacks do not generate carnage hits.

Also, would like to note, that no carnage on bash was acknowledged, by Sking, as being a bug here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84278-wm-ii-items/?p=1778945

Perhaps it has been fixed in the current internal build?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey Doppelschwert,

I just checked on this and Carnage is working correctly with both unarmed and bash attacks. I would suggest verifying your game cache and let me know if that corrected the issue.

Thanks! 

My files are correct, but I'm on the gog version so I'm still in 3.01. If the beta 3.02 has this issue resolved, I'll be a happy guy once it arrives on gog.