US Elections 2016

Gorth

I personally feel it was a bluff, because destroying Belgrade makes no difference on the field - if anything, it makes it impossible to win without military intervention and occupation and that would have resulted in a lot of (politically unsustainable) casualties. But as I said, Milosevic was not one to follow through. 

No, no. The bombing of Belgrade was necessary to prevent Serbian aggression in Kosovo and to stop human rights abuses perpetuated by the Serbs , it made sense and worked 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_bombing_of_Yugoslavia

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ruining Syria hasn't been that bad for the US really. Took down one dude they didn't like, caused the Euros a headache, generally caused people who aren't tbeir fans some trouble as well.

Trump rally today was fun. Doubt that will hurt him much, probably will help him having people shut him down.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

try harder, brah

No need for me to try harder, history speaks for itself and I don't support this revisionist view of history from some  that " Serbia  was the victim in conflicts like Bosnia and Kosovo '

Sorry, brah :) 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

For what that's worth, Sanders is absolutely killing it among Democrats abroad. No surprise that people who have spent some time outside the US realize that Hillary Clinton does not have the judgment necessary to be Commander-in-Chief.

And when Hilary is nominated as the Democratic candidate...what then? Would you be surprised....or would you still not be surprised?

John Milton 

Exceedingly charitable view of people just as they live outside the US, too. Heh

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/11/politics/donald-trump-chicago-protests/index.html

I see the Trump rally in Chicago was cancelled due to protesters....I should feel bad for Trump, I know I should but I don't  :blink:

John Milton 

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/11/politics/donald-trump-chicago-protests/index.html

I see the Trump rally in Chicago was cancelled due to protesters....I should feel bad for Trump, I know I should but I don't  :blink:

I think that quite a lot of americans will vote for Trump because of what happened.

In other news, mainstream journalists still lie, don't investigate and go by the "listen & believe"-mantra.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Trump has a real cheek, claiming he can take no responsibility for violence at his rally's

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-trump-rally-st-louis-features-protests-article-1.2561617

Trumps rhetoric is a direct contributing factor towards violence we see at these gatherings

http://time.com/4203094/donald-trump-hecklers/

John Milton 

Cruz and Rubio are blaming Trump for violence caused by anti-Trump protesters, all while the public will remember this: 

gokd2dv.jpg

I think it does't require much of a brain to know where this is heading.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Trump needs to accept his level of responsibility, its as simple as that. This link represents the views of some of his supporters...this should worry you Meshugger 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/man-punched-protester-trump-rally-hints-violence-article-1.2560288

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I am sorry Bruce, but i frown upon victim-blaming.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

What's this violence by anti-trump protesters then?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Please tell me people aren't stupid enough to fall for Hilary's "I am not a politician" humblebrag.

Watching that **** is painful just because I know there's bound to be people stupid enough to fall for that ****.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Please tell me people aren't stupid enough to fall for Hilary's "I am not a politician" humblebrag.

Watching that **** is painful just because I know there's bound to be people stupid enough to fall for that ****.

I'm not sure what you mean? Yes I am Hilary supporter, many people are. I'm not sure what you getting at   :huh:

John Milton 

I'm not sure what you mean? Yes I am Hilary supporter, many people are. I'm not sure what you getting at   :huh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQoOtrHG96k

I refuse to believe that you are SO blind that you cannot see that line for what it is. That line was obviously a rehearsed humblebrag that she was told to say. That line is akin to "I have a confession to make. If elected as president, I cannot help but spend three hours out of my day each day donating money to starving orphans and sick puppies. I'm sorry America, I hope I haven't let you down with this, but it's just who I am. I can't stand to watch those poor things suffer, even if it gets in the way of my work."

I'm sorry, but I firmly believe you have to be an idiot to not see the intent behind that line. It's a humblebrag. A dishonest humblebrag that her campaign told her to try and drop into the debate somewhere, where she gives this impression she's ashamed of something that the American people would actually view as a good thing. And yeah, it's not even true. The very fact that that statement was made contradicts the context of the statement itself.

I reference that line because it's easily the most painful line of any debate I've seen thusfar. It is, in my opinion, the epitome of lying in politics, yet apparently people can't pick up on that. If you are asked a question about why the American people don't trust you, and your only response is to attempt to lie to them again, then wow. That should say worlds about Hilary as a candidate and as a politician, but instead, the world being what it is, of course there's thousands of idiots that buy into it.

In my world, that line would singlehandedly unravel and tank her campaign, since it's just so obvious and filled with so many delicious ironies that only sink her credibility, but I know we don't live in my world. So all I can do is sit here in awe at the fact that Hilary could not have delivered a more obvious political line/lie and she's not even gonna need to pay for it because people are just that stupid.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Trump cancelling his rally gives bit premeditated feeling. As he is purposefully used rhetoric that is known to bring protesters and as soon as there is bit bigger protest his campaign cancels the event, even though official deny recommending such and claim that everything was under control, which brings even more media coverage to him and obscures disagreements against what he has been saying behind claims how he is silenced. 

So to me it seem like obvious tactical move that seem still somewhat work for him at least in media .

Trump cancelling his rally gives bit premeditated feeling. As he is purposefully used rhetoric that is known to bring protesters and as soon as there is bit bigger protest his campaign cancels the event, even though official deny recommending such and claim that everything was under control, which brings even more media coverage to him and obscures disagreements against what he has been saying behind claims how he is silenced. 

So to me it seem like obvious tactical move that seem still somewhat work for him at least in media .

If you want to split hairs, it was SS who cancelled the event.

Video shortly after it was cancelled:

Officer getting assaulted by anti-Trump protesters:

https://twitter.com/Skamenca/status/708474867067162624/photo/1

Anti-Trump protesters blocking an ambulance:

https://twitter.com/TweetBrettMac/status/708525579600064512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

What a mess. I wouldn't deny that Trump selected a venue near the collage campus as a middle finger to his opponents, but at the same time i do not think that anyone could've guessed that things would escalate so far. But of course the media will blame him for creating toxic atmospheres or something, all while people are getting more fed up by this.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

If you want to split hairs, it was SS that cancelled the event.

That CNN article said that it was Trump's campaign that canceled the event not secret service (which I think you are referring with SS). 

"Some 300 officers were on hand for crowd control, according to Escalante (Chicago Interim Police Superintendent John Escalante). The Trump campaign didn't consult with authorities before calling the event off, he said"

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQoOtrHG96k

I refuse to believe that you are SO blind that you cannot see that line for what it is. That line was obviously a rehearsed humblebrag that she was told to say. That line is akin to "I have a confession to make. If elected as president, I cannot help but spend three hours out of my day each day donating money to starving orphans and sick puppies. I'm sorry America, I hope I haven't let you down with this, but it's just who I am. I can't stand to watch those poor things suffer, even if it gets in the way of my work."

I'm sorry, but I firmly believe you have to be an idiot to not see the intent behind that line. It's a humblebrag. A dishonest humblebrag that her campaign told her to try and drop into the debate somewhere, where she gives this impression she's ashamed of something that the American people would actually view as a good thing. And yeah, it's not even true. The very fact that that statement was made contradicts the context of the statement itself.

I reference that line because it's easily the most painful line of any debate I've seen thusfar. It is, in my opinion, the epitome of lying in politics, yet apparently people can't pick up on that. If you are asked a question about why the American people don't trust you, and your only response is to attempt to lie to them again, then wow. That should say worlds about Hilary as a candidate and as a politician, but instead, the world being what it is, of course there's thousands of idiots that buy into it.

In my world, that line would singlehandedly unravel and tank her campaign, since it's just so obvious and filled with so many delicious ironies that only sink her credibility, but I know we don't live in my world. So all I can do is sit here in awe at the fact that Hilary could not have delivered a more obvious political line/lie and she's not even gonna need to pay for it because people are just that stupid.

Every time I log on someone is trying to have a reasonable conversation with Bruce

Its groundhog day!

• Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

If you want to split hairs, it was SS that cancelled the event.

That CNN article said that it was Trump's campaign that canceled the event not secret service (which I think you are referring with SS). 

"Some 300 officers were on hand for crowd control, according to Escalante (Chicago Interim Police Superintendent John Escalante). The Trump campaign didn't consult with authorities before calling the event off, he said"

Huh, they updated it. Fair enough.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy