What would you do if you had unlimited time and money?

Heijoushin

It would still cause.problems because at any given time there would be more people wanting to go to the same place than there is room for it. As is the huge limiting factor is the wealth. If that gets thrown out of the window, we will have living space as the most limiting factor and that's the only thing which is limited unless you are a god ans can create new planets and universes at whim.

...With unlimited resources, there's nothing stopping you from pouring it all into virtual reality research, and let everyone live in their own simulated version of whatever nice place they want to live in.

duracell_matrix.jpg

Build an empire

Two chicks at the same time

If you do that I'll call you Lawrence Caesar.

You do not need an empire to you know wht with two chicks. Just sayin'

I changed my mind. I would pay for Lemmy's funeral. It would be the best thing ever.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Aim higher, three chicks at the same time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Build an empire

I changed my mind. I would pay for Lemmy's funeral. It would be the best thing ever.

I must say Dark and Mesugger I would have thought you boys would have rather spent the money helping the Syrian refugees integrate into your countries  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Build an empire

I must say Dark and Mesugger I would have thought you boys would have rather spent the money helping the Syrian refugees integrate into your countries  :biggrin:

...as i would expect you to use all the money as dowry for your and Qistina's wedding. Chicks love to be spoiled, bruh.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Build an empire

...as i would expect you to use all the money as dowry for your and Qistina's wedding. Chicks love to be spoiled, bruh.

:lol:

" Our wedding "  ...

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

According to all the experiments with unlimited resources I would succumb in to decadency and die.

Sounds about right. Look at real life precedence: The Eldar. There's the famous Rat utopia, but who cares, Eldar. Edited by Fenixp

Become a reclusive mad scientist that tries to summon inconceivable horrors from the sixth dimension

But you would want to live in my ideal world? Remember Orog think about how safe you would be ...no one would be able to tease you ..think  " permanent safe room "  :dancing:

Sorry I already made a joke about putting SJW in "safe spaces" hinting that those safe spaces are inside of a padded cell.

Plus I don't want safety, I want a monstrous revelation that will shake the core of everything we think and that has a tentative solid body that will represent it so that we cannot turn away. So what i'm saying is that any of the Elder ones will do.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I would bemoan the responsibility that has unknowingly been placed upon me, then after a period of self pity get to work in using that time and money to help humanity in some manner: Unlock cold fusion, solve the climate problem, expand humanity into the cosmos, find a means of gifting Mars with a potent magnetic field like Earths etcetera.

Edit: As Mr Orogun so rightly points out, turn humanity to the worship of the gibbering horrors from between the stars, or Cthulu if pressed for a more local candidate. Just in case.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I would hire a lot of assassins and have every one here killed. :skeptical:

Can I apply for the job, I could use the cash to cover my funeral costs.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I would hire a lot of assassins and have every one here killed. skeptical.gif

Or abduct everyone here and force them to compete in a gladiatorial tournament.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I would hire a lot of assassins and have every one here killed. :skeptical:

Tell you what, I'll get the assassin that goes after you to take special care nobody ever finds your body. :)

Or abduct everyone here and force them to compete in a gladiatorial tournament.

I like the cut of your jib, my good sir! That is the kind of creative thinking a murder spree requires!

Tell you what, I'll get the assassin that goes after you to take special care nobody ever finds your body. original.gif

Ok, then I will use the proceeds to make myself a fake life and spare my family the knowledge of my death. I don't think they could bear it and I fear that it will most likely destroy them.

On a more serious note, I will ask that in the future you make your wishes more outrageous. Specially if they are of the macabre sort, otherwise as evidenced by this thread, the conversation will take a dark turn.

PS: I should stop reading Lovecraft, i'm starting to sound like loon. 

village_idiot.gif

"Starting"

At any rate I will use my power to sacrifice humanity and become a god-like being that travels the universe consuming worlds.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

If i am a super rich...

I want to build schools, and then universities, i also want to build clinics and hospitals. They are all half funded by me, meaning everyone will only pay half, or even quarter for the services.

I want to build towns, buildings, i rent them. it will be the source to support my schools, universities, clinics and hospitals.

I want to make my own healthcare industry, making my own drugs and medicine, and sell them.

I also make my own entertainment industry, my own media, my own propaganda machine.

Then i build weapons, create my own police and army. I also sell weapons especially to Africa, and i want gold as payment. I help any troubled governments with selling them weapons and mercenaries to stabilize their country, i only want their gold as payment. When their country stabilize, i help them building their country and give them technology.

I will be at my own ship, monitoring everything...

"Starting"

At any rate I will use my power to sacrifice humanity and become a god-like being that travels the universe consuming worlds.

KP its highly unlikely unlimited time or money will ever achieve this, maybe you should consider something that is it at least possible with unlimited money and time?

John Milton 

"Starting"

KP its highly unlikely unlimited time or money will ever achieve this, maybe you should consider something that is it at least possible with unlimited money and time?

It's not unlimited money; it's unlimited resources. KP would have access to more resources than exist in the universe. His ambitions are actually pretty tame compared to what he'd capable of.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

"Starting"

It's not unlimited money; it's unlimited resources. KP would have access to more resources than exist in the universe. His ambitions are actually pretty tame compared to what he'd capable of.

:lol:

Okay good point...but you must admit we are now assuming that resources exist in the universe that will allow you to consume worlds?

John Milton 

I wouldn't even need unlimited money, but just enough for either a private tutor and coach, or a private school/campus for maybe a year or two, specializing in video game development.

Would give return of investment 10/10 *wink wink*

• Like 1

i would choose a game developer and and an anime developer and i would fund their dream project with as much money and time needed without medlling in their work, with the only rule that it has to be a complete work without a "to be continued" kind of ending, and the promise that if im satisfied with the result they can get funding for the next project

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I would destroy you all. 

I would stop you with my army of trained coyotes.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Starting"

KP, ignore this post.

If I gain unlimited time and money I will spend it trying to turn you into an Elder monstrosity.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif