European Refugee Crisis : Part 2

BruceVC

People sent back to Turkey end up at the back of the line to now wait to get into the EU and only real  Turkish citizens end up being sent to the EU

Can you produce any credible  links to support your criticism because if what you saying is true it would indeed make the whole agreement moot

So it apparently is pretty simple to buy a fake Syrian passport. While it is a bit of a stretch to assume that getting a fake Turkish ID is going to be as easy it is just the logical next step, and once they're out of Turkey that's it. Sure thing, a fake Turk that isn't speaking any Turkish might not be that difficult to spot but they are getting free travel across the EU, so why would you check and double check?

Not to mention that it still leaves a host of actual poor, unskilled and uneducated Turks free to travel to the EU for any length of time. People tend to forget that Turkey doesn't end at Istanbul. Yeah well, and what with Erdogan saying that assimilation is a crime against humanity and extorting the EU for more money half a week after signing the deal I do reserve the right to be cynical about it.

This deal is a bad idea, and dealing with Erdogan in a manner as if he actually were an ally of the EU is a bad idea. He isn't, and he never will be.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

People sent back to Turkey end up at the back of the line to now wait to get into the EU and only real  Turkish citizens end up being sent to the EU

Can you produce any credible  links to support your criticism because if what you saying is true it would indeed make the whole agreement moot

So it apparently is pretty simple to buy a fake Syrian passport. While it is a bit of a stretch to assume that getting a fake Turkish ID is going to be as easy it is just the logical next step, and once they're out of Turkey that's it. Sure thing, a fake Turk that isn't speaking any Turkish might not be that difficult to spot but they are getting free travel across the EU, so why would you check and double check?

Not to mention that it still leaves a host of actual poor, unskilled and uneducated Turks free to travel to the EU for any length of time. People tend to forget that Turkey doesn't end at Istanbul. Yeah well, and what with Erdogan saying that assimilation is a crime against humanity and extorting the EU for more money half a week after signing the deal I do reserve the right to be cynical about it.

This deal is a bad idea, and dealing with Erdogan in a manner as if he actually were an ally of the EU is a bad idea. He isn't, and he never will be.

Well there is some good news, there are less immigrants trying to get into Europe than ever before. I watched an interview on CNN where the words used were something like " the amount of migrants attempting to get to Europe has substantially gone down  "

The problem being I can't find a link  to support this so please  just believe me :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

Our dear friends of the Turkish government once again prove just how much of an ally they really are. Because true allies blackmail each other whenever possible. It just shows how much you care. :wub:

If you trust Turkey to uphold a deal with the only incentive being their own conscience then you deserve everything that you're gonna get.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

EU is moving ahead with backup/ Plan B as well- blame Greece and turn it into a massive refugee camp using their economic leverage if (when) the Turkey deal fails.

Varoufakis was right.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

According to the UNHCR, two children are drowned on average each day at sea when refugees tries to cross from Turkey to EU, making it to 340 in total. This could have been easily avoided if the greek military had open live fire on the first boat, sending a very clear message to those that try: don't. More lives could probably have been saved that way, now that's kind o ironic.

http://www.unhcr.org/56c6e7676.html

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

According to the UNHCR, two children are drowned on average each day at sea when refugees tries to cross from Turkey to EU, making it to 340 in total. This could have been easily avoided if the greek military had open live fire on the first boat, sending a very clear message to those that try: don't. More lives could probably have been saved that way, now that's kind o ironic.

You cant be serious ? What do you mean by " open live fire " ....do you mean the Greeks should massacre the refugees on a particular boat to send a message that refugees mustn't come to Greece ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

EU is moving ahead with backup/ Plan B as well- blame Greece and turn it into a massive refugee camp using their economic leverage if (when) the Turkey deal fails.

Varoufakis was right.

No he is a populist and a demagogue and he needs to take a large amount of responsibility for the state of the Greek economy 

John Milton 

You cant be serious ? What do you mean by " open live fire " ....do you mean the Greeks should massacre the refugees on a particular boat to send a message that refugees mustn't come to Greece ?

That's the whole point of the irony of it. Do you understand irony?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

That's the whole point of the irony of it. Do you understand irony?

Oh I understand irony perfectly, when a person cant make reasonable or insightful point you make a  controversial and vacuous comment ...and justify it as " irony "  :p

John Milton 

Obviously you don't understand it, pity.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Obviously you don't understand it, pity.

Irony have to be politically correct, same as black humor

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Meanwhile in Mordor. Evil Russians Nazguls raided hive of Turkish terrorists in Crimea.

http://youtu.be/O7WhKCSN7q4

Poor foreighn jihadists yet don't understand what scary people visited their homes. These counter-guerrilla units usually don't take prisoners - their task - exterminate and  when islamists on video above try то threaten them - it's very stupid and very suicidal.

http://youtu.be/E27wjaAqjZM

What the hell is happening in Sweden? I've just been reading up on this country. :blink:

Something new?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

They seem to have some massive problems.

Depends what you define by massive problems....what are you referring to?

John Milton 

There is problems everywhere. But I don't know anything that would me ask "What the hell is happening in Sweden?", I have lots of relatives in Sweden so I am actually really interested to know what you mean with your remark about massive problems.

• Like 1

There is problems everywhere. But I don't know anything that would me ask "What the hell is happening in Sweden?", I have lots of relatives in Sweden so I am actually really interested to know what you mean with your remark about massive problems.

I doubt Hiro will post anything meaningful...this seems more like one of those " oh Sweden you bad country for trying to really embrace the immigrants ". posts ...there are many people who feel Sweden has gone to far, I support Sweden and I hope the integration goes well as time goes on

John Milton