European Refugee Crisis : Part 2

BruceVC

Oh sorry Hiro, I assumed you wanted to get involved which is why you kept asking..my bad :)

Asking what? Lay off that marijuana Bruce.

And yet you still won't acknowledge the big (I would call massive) problems that Indira pointed out. Why won't you acknowledge them? :)

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Oh sorry Hiro, I assumed you wanted to get involved which is why you kept asking..my bad :)

Asking what? Lay off that marijuana Bruce.

And yet you still won't acknowledge the big (I would call massive) problems that Indira pointed out.

Wowzers dude....lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater. I need to smoke because it helps me deal with stress....you know how much stress exists in SA?

Yes of course I recognize these societal problems in Sweden, our thoughts are with you Indira  :wub:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So did we ever find out what the problems in Sweden were?

According to Elerond and Bruce, no major problems at all. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Er ok. Well you brought it up but no detail at all.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'd have to applaud Indira for his honesty as there's at least one other person on this forum who can recognise the problems aren't small and not be so dismissive as to trivialise them as has been shown in this thread.

I think there's a few of us here that realize Sweden is in dire straits. I'm pretty sure It's been discussed at least in brief before on this forum. Arguing with Bruce though is less fruitful than attempting to barehandedly move a mountain. It's a path many of us have been down before and aren't willing to go down again.

In regards to the topic at hand, in short: Sweden is probably #@(!ed.

Edited by Valsuelm

"Arguing with Bruce though is less fruitful than attempting to barehandedly move a mountain " 

:lol: Vals come on, you are exaggerating. We use to have many productive debates  :-  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You know that there's some trouble brewing when Morrissey, an irish, catholic, vegan, anti-royalist, asexual homosexual starts to bash immigration: 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/morrissey-blames-immigration-for-disappearance-of-british-identity-760825.html

"England is a memory now," he says, in an interview with the NME published yesterday. "The gates are flooded and anybody can have access to England and join in."

He goes on: "Although I don't have anything against people from other countries, the higher the influx into England the more the British identity disappears. So the price is enormous. Travel to England and you have no idea where you are. It matters because the British identity is very attractive. I grew up into it and I find it very quaint and amusing. Other countries have held on to their basic identity, yet it seems to me that England was thrown away.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So what's the truth about 'no go zones' in Sweden? The supposed places so flooded with immigrant gangs police can't deal?

It sounds pretty ridiculous. Basically parts of Sweden have been conquered and colonized by foreigners.

So what's the truth about 'no go zones' in Sweden? The supposed places so flooded with immigrant gangs police can't deal?

It sounds pretty ridiculous. Basically parts of Sweden have been conquered and colonized by foreigners.

The concept and idea that there are  " no go areas for police " in Sweden is not true and is based on misinformation and exaggerated and sometimes is intentionally propagated to undermine Sweden as a form of propaganda 

So dont believe that type of commentary about Sweden :)

John Milton 

Arguing with Bruce though is less fruitful than attempting to barehandedly move a mountain. It's a path many of us have been down before and aren't willing to go down again.

Yes, you're quite right. He's going on ignore so I don't see his trolling anymore.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....BruceVC is a troll

Such a pointless and false cliche....bye Hiro its a pity you cant have  a debate with people who have different views to you 

John Milton 

Searching for that is just giving me Breitbart, will have to look further I guess. Probably just generic bad areas rather than something dramatic as conquest.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Such a pointless and false cliche....bye Hiro its a pity you cant have  a debate with people who have different views to you

Don't sweat the small stuff, BVC. People broadcasting that they are ignoring someone is just the electronic equivalent of storming out of a room and slamming the door.

• Like 1

Don't sweat the small stuff, BVC. People broadcasting that they are ignoring someone is just the electronic equivalent of storming out of a room and slamming the door.

Y

You right but there are people on this forum who refuse to engage with me, and thats there right, but they also feel the need to fairly constantly imply I'm  a troll ..even to the point of jumping into a debate they not active in just to say " why do you talk to BruceVC, he is a troll "  

So in other words they not really ignoring me as they feel its incumbent on them to tell others I'm a troll....they effectively make me relevant as its obvious to me I bother them on some levels. To truly ignore someone surly you just block them and then you stop talking about ..you make them irrelevant that way?

John Milton 

That's definitely not true. I have been strolling around a number of times with my youngest cousin with a baby trolley at night in one of the worst neighbourhoods, reported as one of those "no-go zones" by extreme right-wing press, and it's all pretty neat, tidy and serene. The only potential threat, just like when I grew up, are teenage gangs of frustrated young males. These are the ones throwing stones etc. at rescue workers on occasion, after having set one or two cars on fire as some twisted idea of fun for your Friday night. 

I felt much more threatened when I was visiting poor French suburbs, for instance, recently.

And, once again, these are not the immigrants from the refugee "crisis". These are the teen kids of poor parents of various background who almost all have been born (the parents, that is) in Sweden or at least lived there since they were in kindergarten.  And many suburbs have been multinational since the late 70s. At school, when I was 13-15 years of age, we proudly put up all of the flags from the background of all the students in all the hallways. Something like 450 pupils had 78 different nationality backgrounds back then.

Nothing new here, folks. The only new thing is the extreme right alarmist twist of it all, sadly.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

That's all part and parcel of the DRAMA, you see. Instead of quietly pressing the Ignore button and going about their day they want everyone to see and agree with them. :shrugz:

:lol:  the whole notion makes me laugh

Its one of those really good examples of how  sometimes people on the Internet have a very different way of behaving, and there  expected outcome of a situation, than how they would act in RL

John Milton 

That's definitely not true. I have been strolling around a number of times with my youngest cousin with a baby trolley at night in one of the worst neighbourhoods, reported as one of those "no-go zones" by extreme right-wing press, and it's all pretty neat, tidy and serene. The only potential threat, just like when I grew up, are teenage gangs of frustrated young males. These are the ones throwing stones etc. at rescue workers on occasion, after having set one or two cars on fire as some twisted idea of fun for your Friday night. 

I felt much more threatened when I was visiting poor French suburbs, for instance, recently.

And, once again, these are not the immigrants from the refugee "crisis". These are the teen kids of poor parents of various background who almost all have been born (the parents, that is) in Sweden or at least lived there since they were in kindergarten.  And many suburbs have been multinational since the late 70s. At school, when I was 13-15 years of age, we proudly put up all of the flags from the background of all the students in all the hallways. Something like 450 pupils had 78 different nationality backgrounds back then.

Nothing new here, folks. The only new thing is the extreme right alarmist twist of it all, sadly.

That's the thing isn't it? It's the next generation of immigrants who are conducting the violence, so why continue bringing in more and thus creating more friction in the long run? Also, i find interesting how little it matters to you for them doing what they do. This is from the perspective of the other side of the pond though, that kind of behaviour is simply not tolerated here.

Just to understand your position more correctly, a few questions:

1) What is a Swede? Anyone with a swedish passport?

2) Do you consider Ramadan a typical swedish holiday?

3) Is this propaganda? http://denkorteavis.dk/2016/din-forbannede-luder/

4) What's your opinion on the rise of the Swedish Democrats? Why are they gaining ground?

5) Do you consider Swedish society going in the positive direction? 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

For #2 if it meant they would get a day off, they should say yes :p

Appreciate that post Indira.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Not really.

For all those I've seen post here saying they're ignoring someone, including myself. It's a courtesy. It's telling them don't waste your time. I know I closed my door quite gently.

People discuss things here with folks who disagree with them all the time. There's only one person I'm aware of that at least a few have on ignore, and I'm pretty sure for all of them it's not because we disagree with him. In fact, a number of folks have made fruitless attempts to explain to said person what the problem is. Some of those folks have said person on ignore at this point, some probably don't. Either you just missed those posts, you're ignoring those posts, or you're as clueless as the person those posts are aimed at.