European Refugee Crisis : Part 2

BruceVC

No one is surprised, except for the swedes themselves perhaps.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Quite optimistic words.

Quite out of date words- five months out of date. First thing to check on any article, especially any article posted by Bruce and in this case it's in the url.

Well, it was a nice quiet few days. Now we just wait to see if oby mysteriously turns up again as well.

My words were bit sarcastic as said deal that article spoke with Turkey has already failed and new one has been struck, which has been met with great skepticism

I'd have used Meshugger's post but it wasn't there when I hit reply. I kind of assumed your reply wasn't wholly serious.

Quite optimistic words.

Quite out of date words- five months out of date. First thing to check on any article, especially any article posted by Bruce and in this case it's in the url.

Well, it was a nice quiet few days. Now we just wait to see if oby mysteriously turns up again as well.

:lol:

You cant possibly be suggesting I'm Oby...that makes no sense ?

My apologizes, the article is outdated but its still relevant 

Z

Zora, you notice suddenly Oby did turn-up after what you said :lol: 

Which is an interesting coincidence I have to agree . I dont think Oby is a troll but now he may be another member who is active under another name and he wants people to think Oby\BruceVC are the same ...but its not true. I guarantee you  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am only hearing about explosions at the airport. No streams, just a few messages via Reuters.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

2 or 3 metro stations blown up + airport

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Is it safe to travel through Europe? Always wanted to have a holiday travelling through Europe and now I'm not too sure.

Go eastern Europe, safest place on planet currently - oh one have to love irony xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Is it safe to travel through Europe? Always wanted to have a holiday travelling through Europe and now I'm not too sure.

Yes its perfectly safe, you'll be fine. Many people I know travel to Europe all the time 

The chance of you being involved in some terrorist attack must be so remote its not worth worrying about ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Go eastern Europe, safest place on planet currently - oh one have to love irony xD"

sure if you are heterosexual white male

Interesting point, do you think that black gays have more safe places? Maybe US, but thats about it?

"Go eastern Europe, safest place on planet currently - oh one have to love irony xD"

sure if you are heterosexual white male

Interesting point, do you think that black gays have more safe places? Maybe US, but thats about it?

> maybe US

Ahhahahahahaha

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Just to clarify, east EU is V4 for me

"Interesting point, do you think that black gays have more safe places? Maybe US, but thats about it?"

most Eastern Asian countries?

So conclusion is that more homogenic ethnically state is - more safe it is, even for minorities? Whoo, doesn't work well with multiculturalism :)

Edited by Chilloutman

"Interesting point, do you think that black gays have more safe places? Maybe US, but thats about it?"

So conclusion is that more homogenic ethnically state is - more safe it is, even for minorities? Whoo, doesn't work well with multiculturalism :)

^ Ladies and gents, here we can observe the not-so-rare confirmation bias in its natural habitat.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

^ Ladies and gents, here we can observe the not-so-rare confirmation bias in its natural habitat.

ehh, what bias are you talking about?

ehh, what bias are you talking about?

Gee, I wonder. Hint:

Well, aside from Japan Eastern Asian countries aren't very ethnically homogenous.

(I know, asian people look all the same to the racist eye.)

Another hint: correlation does not imply causation, and when one assesses how safe a country is to be while gay, the determining factor is more likely to be the dominant cultural attitude towards gay people than ethnic homogeneity.

"But it was a joke!", the defendant pleads. Well I, for one, do not find egregiously faulty logic particularly funny.

Well, aside from Japan Eastern Asian countries aren't very ethnically homogenous.

South Korea - 50 mil pop - cca 1 mil non-native cca 2%

Japan 130 mil pol - cca 2 mil non-native cca 1.3 %

these two I would consider east Asia AND safe.

There is China ofcourse 1200 mil pop - cca 111 mil minorities cca 8% - and we know there are ethnical problems in china