Attacks in Paris

Malcador

And now 2 dead, not the police and a standoff with some people in a home. Apparently this is the lead planner of Friday's attacks.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"What happen to the west is western own doing...Jesus say "you reap what you sow"...."

Agreed. Same with the ME. You DO realize that the ME has been hardest by ISIS and their ilks right? What do you think of Muslims killing mUslims?  That is Muslim doing. You reap what you sow.

Jesus is okay dude. But, his 'father' - is a child murderer. NEXT.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

As for the Turkish fans booing that, eh, I guess they think Europeans dislike them and didn't care when a bunch of them got blown up a while ago.

Well yeah. (1) Football fans are unusually nationalistic- their entire reason for being is cheering their country, after all- and (2) there weren't much in the way of minutes silence for the dead Turks, dead Russians and dead Lebanese we've seen in similar circumstances in the last few weeks, indeed more than a few people thought it was more or less OK because they were Commie Turks/ Kurds, Hezbollah sympathisers or Russians. Philip Hammond, British Foreign Secretary even suggested (with slight paraphrasing) that at least the airline bombing imposed a price on Russia for intervening in Syria, god knows the reaction if Lavrov said the same about the Paris attacks and French intervention in Syria...

Complaining about others not caring enough is always a problematic approach, as you can pretty much guarantee there's a bigger entry in the tragedy olympics out there that the complainer doesn't care enough about. Sadly, 129 people dying is pretty much Monday-Sunday in Syria, as a direct example.

Nah, they were just incredible **** fairly deserving a good beating.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What happen to the west is western own doing...Jesus say "you reap what you sow"....

The key to understand non-western behaviour and shaming. It's always the victim's fault for provoking the attacker. Kinda like it's always the woman's fault for being gangraped.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Unless the victim was the predator...

The west who being scheming all these time through history, the west want to conquer the world, do you ever heard "Eastern Colonization"? Never heard isn't it?

Of course i cannot blame and judge all western people today who have nothing to do with what your ancestors does, as well you can't blame and judge me for what my ancestors does....BUT what happen in the past determine what happen today....

It's butterfly effect....

My country will not exist should the west don't invade us, maybe Malay Kingdom of Melaka will fall by itself and replaced by new kingdoms, maybe my people will forever use swords and spears up to today, maybe my people will become so advanced because being a famous trader and hold trade of the east and the west...who know? God know....

But what happen today is because of what happen in the past...the west leave a mark here in SEA....the west leave mark everywhere.....

Edited by Qistina

Complaining about others not caring enough is always a problematic approach, as you can pretty much guarantee there's a bigger entry in the tragedy olympics out there that the complainer doesn't care enough about.

Do you really not see a difference between

• Not taking initiative to publicly mourn something, as long as no-one is asking you to.

and

• Actively showing disrespect and spite for other people's mourning, like booing(!) a minute of silence.

?

Let's just disingenuously group both of those under "not caring enough" and equivocate away?

PS: Also, it makes perfect sense for FIFA to a have a minute of silence when a major terrorist attack happened right next to its own soccer game, and the terrorists in fact tried to target that game's audience and players - while not having a minute of silence for every other unrelated tragedy around the world.

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

We are the generation who pay for what our ancestors did...maybe they dream of a new world, a better world for their grandchildren, maybe they don't even think about it and only thinking to save their butt, maybe they think only what they could think in their time....like us today, do we think about our next generation when we do something?

Complaining about others not caring enough is always a problematic approach, as you can pretty much guarantee there's a bigger entry in the tragedy olympics out there that the complainer doesn't care enough about.

• Not taking initiative to publicly mourn something, as long as no-one is asking you to.

and

• Actively showing disrespect and spite for other people's mourning, like booing(!) a minute of silence.

?

Let's just disingenuously group both of those under "not caring enough" and equivocate away?

PS: Also, it makes perfect sense for FIFA to a have a minute of silence when a major terrorist attack happened right next to its own soccer game, and the terrorists in fact tried to target that game's audience and players - while not having a minute of silence for every other unrelated tragedy around the world.

The core of the problem is, that no one asked anyone to mourn for Turkey, Russia, Lebanon, Kenya... Some people then might come to conclusion, that some lives are not as worthy as others...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

i cry everytime thinking about how shame it is....my people was great...holding the biggest sea trade port in the world between the east and the west...have high and advance culture....but when the west come....it was destroyed and never risen again...destroyed to ashes and forgotten...and afterward chaos throughout the land....how my people being fooled, being slaves, being so low to betray own people to serve western masters...become pawns for western masters...and then blood bath...invaded again and again by foreign invaders....we lost our identity, we lost....today my people don't even know what is the meaning of being a Melayu people.....

and

?

The core of the problem is, that no one asked anyone to mourn for Turkey, Russia, Lebanon, Kenya... Some people then might come to conclusion, that some lives are not as worthy as others...

Although people have been asked to mourn Turkey, Russia, Lebanon, Kenya, Tunisia, Nigeria (most recent victim), etc, tragedies. But ones doing the asking aren't necessary always same also stage where mourning is done changes.

But tragedies in home front get always more recognition than tragedies else where. So tragedies, in west get more notice in west than tragedies that happen in somewhere else. Because not in sight not in mind is very real psychological phenomenon that effects most of the people in world. Western tragedies are often more noticeable around world because western media is so dominant compared to other medias.  

And of course all western countries aren't equal, like for example tragedy in Finland gets much less notice than similar tragedy in USA. But it is just reality that those with more power and influence get more notice than those with less.

And that is also another core of the problem... Media should be independent and at least try to cover more than just the west.

But attitude of our media is: "ratings show, that no one cares about Africa, so **** that, let's show new breast implants (the T word is censored O.o) of some celebrity..."

What happened in Bierut few days before Paris, was covered maybe by 30 seconds in local media, and then forgotten, like nothing happened...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Unless the victim was the predator...

The west who being scheming all these time through history, the west want to conquer the world, do you ever heard "Eastern Colonization"? Never heard isn't it?

Of course i cannot blame and judge all western people today who have nothing to do with what your ancestors does, as well you can't blame and judge me for what my ancestors does....BUT what happen in the past determine what happen today....

It's butterfly effect....

My country will not exist should the west don't invade us, maybe Malay Kingdom of Melaka will fall by itself and replaced by new kingdoms, maybe my people will forever use swords and spears up to today, maybe my people will become so advanced because being a famous trader and hold trade of the east and the west...who know? God know....

But what happen today is because of what happen in the past...the west leave a mark here in SEA....the west leave mark everywhere.....

"Your honor. The defence would like to point out that the prosecuted, the woman on the stand, was a sexual predator who preyed on the innocence of the victims. Due to her advances they lost themselves into complete barbaric viciousness and had no choice to do what they did. Also, the defence would like to point out that their extended families can vouch for this not the first time that the defendant has conducted herself in such a improper manner and have quite done in the past."

"Those poor boys, they didn't want to, but she made them rape-thirsty. The defence is acquitted at once!"

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

i cry everytime thinking about how shame it is....my people was great...holding the biggest sea trade port in the world between the east and the west...have high and advance culture....but when the west come....it was destroyed and never risen again...destroyed to ashes and forgotten...and afterward chaos throughout the land....how my people being fooled, being slaves, being so low to betray own people to serve western masters...become pawns for western masters...and then blood bath...invaded again and again by foreign invaders....we lost our identity, we lost....today my people don't even know what is the meaning of being a Melayu people.....

Maybe they weren't so great after all if they were so easily destroyed?

Thailand/Kingdom of Siam was never ever conquered in its history.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yes USA also have making a mess in that area...genocide, rape, and what not? But no one bat an eye....forgotten history

[Citation needed.]

Or is this the inevitable part of the discussion where the anti-Western zealots descend into throwing around random accusations and expletives to see what sticks?

PS:

Reminds me of how Antizionists used to persistently accuse the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) of "systematically raping" Palestinian women as some kind of sick racist oppression power-play... without ever providing any evidence for that slander.

But then one of those Antizionists did her doctoral thesis on that topic, subjecting it to actual research, and found that the IDF had actually one of the lowest rape rates of any army in the world - even though it is currently engaged in an armed conflict and most other armies are not.

And so, without batting an eye, the Antizionists (including the one who did the research) effortlessly switched their narrative to "Not raping Palestinian women proves just how racist the IDF is!!!" :facepalm:

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

And that is also another core of the problem... Media should be independent and at least try to cover more than just the west.

The media should be independent of the government.

Not independent of its audience's interests.

Of course every country's media prioritizes reports about events in their part of the world.

Thailand/Kingdom of Siam was never ever conquered in its history.

So they say.

Though there's some sleigh of hand involved in making that argument. Thailand pretty much immediately surrendered to Japan in WW2, and then when Japan was loosing, switched sides and threw themselves at the feet of the USA instead.

So while they weren't technically conquered, they weren't exactly independent either.

People did mourn for Russia, people left flowers at the consulate here. But Kenya and Lebanon are places where people rightly or wrongly see violence as the background. Beirut was a synonym with a warzone not long ago.

Paris also had heavy media coverage due to the place it took place, nastiness of it (similar to the Mumbai attacks in terms of coverage) and social media. I doubt Lebanese or Kenyans or Iraqis really give much of a crap when Westerners die.

Besides, if there is an outpouring of grief for anyone that dies en masse, fatigue or some mental trauma is inevitable :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The media should be independent of the government.

Not independent of its audience's interests.

Of course every country's media prioritizes reports about events in their part of the world.

Media must be in big part independent of it's audience interests as well, or it will turn to biased bull****. Like that video, which I have linked yesterday, one or two pages ago. It's very challenging to do it correctly, so most of the media rather does not do it at all.

Or you want to hear from media only stuff, to which you, as audience completely agree?

Or you want to hear from media only stuff, to which you, as audience completely agree?

Dude, have you ever read an Ineth post?

He wants to hear exactly that, and moreover, a detailed screed on how everybody who disagrees with him can only do so because they're ignorant and biased  :lol:

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Media must be in big part independent of it's audience interests as well, or it will turn to biased bull****. Like that video, which I have linked yesterday, one or two pages ago. It's very challenging to do it correctly, so most of the media rather does not do it at all.

Weird to end with that when we're talking about coverage not editorializing, but I guess that is to be expected, heh.

Not seeing the reason to be upset at Paris winning the tragedy olympics, plenty of reasons people rate it higher.

Not seeing the reason to be upset at Paris winning the tragedy olympics, plenty of reasons people rate it higher.

I don't think anybody is upset over it, more like "not seeing the reason to be upset at people who don't care about it".

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I don't think anybody is upset over it, more like "not seeing the reason to be upset at people who don't care about it".

Oh plenty are, seeing a lot of hand wringing over Arab lives don't matter or African lives don't matter. Not sure they give a crap about European lives so it is amusing.

Not caring about it is fine, different from boo'ing or whatever else that is not indifference. But Turkish football fans are little better than savages in the stadium (like every set I guess), so is a minor snub.

• Like 1