Attacks in Paris

Malcador

meanwhile....

big football games being canceled and people evacuated from various stadiums due to high terrorist attack risk after discovering some bags etc around the stadium.

Hannover - Germany vs Netherlands

Quickly tell everyone on Twitter that they probably deserve it. That always help things in the long run with excellent results. See the Weimar Republic for a good example.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There is no Muslims in American parliament, no Muslim political candidates, no Muslims in government of America...racism is still high in America...

Keith Ellison of Minnesota is a Muslim and a member of the House of Representatives. A city in Michigan recently elected a majority Muslim city council.

One only and recently?

my country having non-Muslims in parliament since 50 years ago...

Well that's the "evolution" of thinking which is different in various countries.

Slovakia has no muslims in parliament as well. Only 5000 muslims live here. But for example in Netherlands, the capital city of Amsterdam has muslim Mayor. Every country is different and looks differently on different cultures. I must admit, that from your talking, that Malaysia is much more tolerant for multiculturalism than Slovakia, but that does not make all of us living here intollerant scumbags who hate everyone else :-)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The more multi-cultural a country becomes, the more repressive it's corresponding government will be to it's citizens. That's the only logical end because otherwise there will be a civil war; you simply cannot force people with completely different values to like each other. 

Source: Me.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

meanwhile....

big football games being canceled and people evacuated from various stadiums due to high terrorist attack risk after discovering some bags etc around the stadium.

Quickly tell everyone on Twitter that they probably deserve it. That always help things in the long run with excellent results. See the Weimar Republic for a good example.

So what we are going to tell about the game in England?

England vs France - a **** load of security staff and rifle armed police forces in and around stadium securing the match.

• Like 1

rumors from one of Hannover's newspapers (Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung) claim that police found an ambulance filled with explosives near the stadium in Hannover, Germany. No official word about it yet.

EDIT: additionally German officials explained that devices found around Hannover stadium were fakes.

Edited by Darkpriest

meanwhile....

Euro 2016 is going to be fun.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ok,

after I got notice of this snippet from CNN, now I fully understand, why Qistina thinks about western journalism and west what she thinks... and I am no more wondering about some of her views...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzusSqcotDw

"independent" journalism at its best.

Now, allow me to throw up some...

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The more multi-cultural a country becomes, the more repressive it's corresponding government will be to it's citizens. That's the only logical end because otherwise there will be a civil war; you simply cannot force people with completely different values to like each other. 

1447713793209.png

http://inthesetimes.com/article/18605/breaking-the-taboos-in-the-wake-of-paris-attacks-the-left-must-embrace-its

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I can't help to see a need and a movement towards "regressivism", we are heading to places where the only solutions is to return to the measures of days past. I guess that's what happens when progressives discard traditions without understanding them because they are inconvenient to their lifestyles.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

1447713793209.png

http://inthesetimes.com/article/18605/breaking-the-taboos-in-the-wake-of-paris-attacks-the-left-must-embrace-its

So what if Europe should accept the paradox that its democratic openness is based on exclusion. In other words, there is “no freedom for the enemies of freedom,” as Robespierre put it long ago? In principle, this is, of course, true, but it is here that one has to be very specific. In a way, Norway’s mass murderer Andres Breivik was right in his choice of target: He didn’t attack the foreigners but those within his own community who were too tolerant towards intruding foreigners. The problem is not foreigners—it is our own (European) identity.

Oh Zizek, you glorious bastard.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Hm, and now a lady in Toronto got punched a couple of times and called a terrorist by two guys. Canadians are so shocked by this, it's kind of funny.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"And now western people are whining why peoples hate them, why someone want to blow up their building, why someone want to kill them....western peoples live in terror....the terror they create themselves...."

So youa re pro mass murder? You are pro mass murder of children. You probably celebrate the Holocaust a holiday.

It says a lot that you come into this thread whining about how mean people are yet here you are bragging about how much you enjoy the mruder of innocent men, women, and children. but, hey, you don't see them as people. So that makes it okay. That is EVIL.

Look into a monster's face and you'll become the monster.

Espicially since in this thread basically nobody has lumped in all Muslims with the extremists. However, youa re definitely part of that extremist group. The hatred and self loathing oozes off you.

Most muslims are good people.  You are not. Celebrating and bragging about others being murdered. Taht is sick.

Then again,  you also claimed that Bush lumped in all muslims with the 9/11 perpetrators when he clearly did not. This proves your willful ignorance and  hatefulness.

btw, You feel Westerners and Jews deserve to be killed because of your hatred. The same thing those who hate Muslims so much want to see all muslims die because all they see is a bunch of (extremist) Muslims mass murdering people.

btw, if this is a Muslim vs Western thuing why is that these extremist Muslims who you support also mass murder Muslims. EVIL.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

1447713793209.png

So what if Europe should accept the paradox that its democratic openness is based on exclusion. In other words, there is “no freedom for the enemies of freedom,” as Robespierre put it long ago? In principle, this is, of course, true, but it is here that one has to be very specific. In a way, Norway’s mass murderer Andres Breivik was right in his choice of target: He didn’t attack the foreigners but those within his own community who were too tolerant towards intruding foreigners. The problem is not foreigners—it is our own (European) identity.

Oh Zizek, you glorious bastard.

That's really common sense on Breivik's part. Immigrants are not to blame for Norway's immigration policy. Like most "far right" individuals, he piles the blame on "cultural marxism", or what's it really is - the current European identity and the people creating it.

It does not take a genius to realize that the current policy of deconstructing the national identity, destroying religion and creeping extreme capitalism (slowly strangling worker rights and welfare as per the American model) is a dead end street for a continent that has known better, and should know better.

If Europe becomes like the USA, it might as well not exist.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Hm, and now a lady in Toronto got punched a couple of times and called a terrorist by two guys. Canadians are so shocked by this, it's kind of funny.

The shocking thing is this widespread belief that Canadians are nice and civilized and Americans are barbarians, while Canada has tagged along for every other US war, its foreign policy consisting mostly of nodding when US officials are speaking.

If I was an American, I'd practically be offended that Canada gets a free pass for everything.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Although only 7-8% of France's population are Muslims, up to 70% of prison population is Muslim : http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2015/nov/16/paris-attacks-isis-strategy-chaos/

Turkey soccer fans boo a minute of silence for Paris victims, chant "Allahu Akbar" : http://blog.sfgate.com/soccer/2015/11/17/turkey-soccer-fans-boo-minute-of-silence-for-paris-attacks/

Yay, multiculturalism!

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Thank you Qistina about answering my questions. Your answers are exactly the reason, why I wanted to hear it rather from native person than from foreigners. Foreigners often forget about the small details, which natives may care about a lot :-) And this might bring the typical cultural misunderstandings, which I always try to avoid when travelling somewhere.

I am not affraid of broken english. Actually I am pretty much used to it. I am not perfect either :-D and your personal english is on much higher level, than english of average slovak person :-P

Just one maybe ridiculous question. Are men allowed to wear the typical european short versions of swim suits on beaches? :-)

I think a picture will tell you a story...and again it depends on the states, like i mention earlier northern states are more religious, so you won't find any bikinis or such thing, while southern states are more liberal but still bikinis are not quite acceptable. While for men, mostly they will wear long pants, rarely you find any men wearing short pants or just underwear...and most Malaysians just love to hang around at beaches like this below, you must expect to see old and young peoples, that's why i say if you want to wear bikini or such thing better to make sure no one is around...old folks, even the middle age people, don't like to see people in bikini or short pants

Photo3436.jpg

The shocking thing is this widespread belief that Canadians are nice and civilized and Americans are barbarians, while Canada has tagged along for every other US war, its foreign policy consisting mostly of nodding when US officials are speaking.

If I was an American, I'd practically be offended that Canada gets a free pass for everything.

Heh, yeah... http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/video-surfaces-making-threats-against-muslims-in-quebec

As for the Turkish fans booing that, eh, I guess they think Europeans dislike them and didn't care when a bunch of them got blown up a while ago.

That land was Malay Sulu Kingdom, a small kingdom, have being Muslim long before western came. But then Brooke of East India Company British came bombard Borneo and force a treaty with Sultan of Brunei under hundreds of cannons. Spanish took Sulu Island. There are treaties here and treaties there, war here and war there, much like America during western conquest. Therefore Christianity come into that land. Sultan of Sulu lost his kingdom but they (the Sultanate) still exist today, they got compensation.

it is complicated because it also involve my country. You see the creation of Malaysia orignaly only consist of peninsular, but part of Borneo being included as a "trade" with the British for Singapore to leave Federation of Malaya and make their own country....Sultan of Brunei don't want to joined Malaysia that's why you find them a little blot on the map...up to today, those area are contested area between Malaysia, Brunei, Sulu, Philipine and Moro fighters...lol...it is a mess...just recently Philipine making a truce with one faction of Moro fighter and my country become the middle man...

But the original people are the Moro and they are under Sulu Sultanate, they do not happy with recent event....and of course there are other tribes there...

Part of Malaysian-Borneo now is rumored want to leave Malaysia....

There are many tribes of Malays...

My knowledge of the Philippines history is limited, and I understand that there were at one point a number of different areas that had been influenced by diffierent groups (sometimes being different ethnic groups).

Like I said, not trying to excuse the Spanish, who really did run roughshod over it (or even the USA who did some dodgy stuff in the Phillippenes as well, as I recall).

If you play Skyrim, the Sulu Sultanate and the Moro fighters are like the Forsworn....the Imperial and Nords fighting over the Reach, while actualy that land belong to Forsworn, but they lost everything...up to today they want to reclaim their old kingdom. Of course their kingdom consist on many tribes , Muslim and non-Muslim. Today it become more and more complicated, with UN, war on terror and such thing....

Yes USA also have making a mess in that area...genocide, rape, and what not? But no one bat an eye....forgotten history

As for the Turkish fans booing that, eh, I guess they think Europeans dislike them and didn't care when a bunch of them got blown up a while ago.

Well yeah. (1) Football fans are unusually nationalistic- their entire reason for being is cheering their country, after all- and (2) there weren't much in the way of minutes silence for the dead Turks, dead Russians and dead Lebanese we've seen in similar circumstances in the last few weeks, indeed more than a few people thought it was more or less OK because they were Commie Turks/ Kurds, Hezbollah sympathisers or Russians. Philip Hammond, British Foreign Secretary even suggested (with slight paraphrasing) that at least the airline bombing imposed a price on Russia for intervening in Syria, god knows the reaction if Lavrov said the same about the Paris attacks and French intervention in Syria...

Complaining about others not caring enough is always a problematic approach, as you can pretty much guarantee there's a bigger entry in the tragedy olympics out there that the complainer doesn't care enough about. Sadly, 129 people dying is pretty much Monday-Sunday in Syria, as a direct example.

• Like 2

So... people defending people booing murdered peopel and celebrating their deaths. It is wrong when it happens anywhere be it in the West, or anywhere else. Why defend it? Talka botu debraved. It's REALLY sad too since the West always xcelebrates the death of Westerners.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.