Republican Presidential Debate

BruceVC

The race. Debate is alway debateble depending on the point of view.

Yes he is way ahead of other candidates but its still early days and right now Trump has support of the Republican conservative base...they like what he is saying but I'm expecting both Cruz and Rubio to start gaining traction

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Niiiiice. Cant wait for Trump in tje Whitehouse. It would be so funny even if just to see all those PC SJW mongoloids cry.

No...we really don't want Trump in the White House ...unless you want to weaken Western influence in the world  :huh:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Niiiiice. Cant wait for Trump in tje Whitehouse. It would be so funny even if just to see all those PC SJW mongoloids cry.

No...we really don't want Trump in the White House ...unless you want to weaken Western influence in the world  :huh:

That's a bold statement to make. Are you implying that any of the other candidates won't?

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That's a bold statement to make. Are you implying that any of the other candidates won't?

No, the candidates that could potentially do as much damage as Trump to the USA foreign policy won't get through..like Carson

So we are realistically talking about Trump, Cruz, Rubio and Bush as the front runners ?

And I don't think there has ever been a Republican candidate as bombastic and offensive as Trump....maybe someone knows someone from the past?

John Milton 

The only two candidates left I want to see in the White House are Rubio & Paul. Paul has no shot and Rubio is the best of what's left. Rubio is a plan B, a second option. You go to the movies to see Star Wars VII but it's sold out so you go see Creed instead. It's like that.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The only two candidates left I want to see in the White House are Rubio & Paul. Paul has no shot and Rubio is the best of what's left. Rubio is a plan B, a second option. You go to the movies to see Star Wars VII but it's sold out so you go see Creed instead. It's like that.

I like Rubio, he is very intelligent and articulate 

I am fascinated by the whole Cruz\Rubio tension. And Paul comes across very convincing but I don't think there is much support for his views 

John Milton 

No, the candidates that could potentially do as much damage as Trump to the USA foreign policy won't get through..like Carson

So we are realistically talking about Trump, Cruz, Rubio and Bush as the front runners ?

And I don't think there has ever been a Republican candidate as bombastic and offensive as Trump....maybe someone knows someone from the past?

No, i am genuinely interested here. What should be done to strengthen western influence in the world and how are none of the republican candidates up to it?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No, i am genuinely interested here. What should be done to strengthen western influence in the world and how are none of the republican candidates up to it?

Sure, I'll explain

This is a question of "what in fact would make the USA more prominent around its global influence  and this is aligned to the question around how to make the USA safer  " 

So the Republicans believe Obama has made the USA weaker and less respected, I disagree. Most Republican candidates believe the following

• The Iran deal was a mistake
  • The USA should have supported its " allies " in the ME and attacked Syria at least when Assad used Chemical weapons
  • They think Putin is making a fool of the USA and taking advantage of Obamas apparent reluctance to resort to a military option to resolve certain political events

Before I carry on what is your view on the 3 points above ?

John Milton 

Sure, I'll explain

This is a question of "what in fact would make the USA more prominent around its global influence  and this is aligned to the question around how to make the USA safer  " 

So the Republicans believe Obama has made the USA weaker and less respected, I disagree. Most Republican candidates believe the following

• The USA should have supported its " allies " in the ME and attacked Syria at least when Assad used Chemical weapons
  • They think Putin is making a fool of the USA and taking advantage of Obamas apparent reluctance to resort to a military option to resolve certain political events

- The Iran deal is not completely bad, but none of the candidates of either side are actually working to undercut the arab peninsula in favour of Iran and Syria. Neither talks either about putting pressure on Turkey to stop try to outrussian the Russians.

- Absolutely not in any way. Syria consists of so many people and religions that only a slow process is, if ever, possible. Assad is the only secular leader that can represent Syria as sovereign at the moment. Those 200 000 could turn into much more if any other faction tries to usurp power.

- I bet Putin likes Trump the most, of which pretty much the middle east fears the most. Russia and US best pals? Oooh boy.

But those points have little to do what i am wondering about. My point is that neither side has implied any changes in policy that would radically change the western influence for the worse on a global scale, as you suggested.

//edit: I am more worried about the future leaders of the next generation emerging from the universities: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/16/yale-fail-ivy-leaguers-caught-on-video-clamoring-to-kill-first-amendment/

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Sure, I'll explain

- The Iran deal is not completely bad, but none of the candidates of either side are actually working to undercut the arab peninsula in favour of Iran and Syria. Neither talks either about putting pressure on Turkey to stop try to outrussian the Russians.

- Absolutely not in any way. Syria consists of so many people and religions that only a slow process is, if ever, possible. Assad is the only secular leader that can represent Syria as sovereign at the moment. Those 200 000 could turn into much more if any other faction tries to usurp power.

- I bet Putin likes Trump the most, of which pretty much the middle east fears the most. Russia and US best pals? Oooh boy.

But those points have little to do what i am wondering about. My point is that neither side has implied any changes in policy that would radically change the western influence for the worse on a global scale, as you suggested.

Yes I'll get to the policy difference

So now if someone like Trump comes to power he has maintained he will

• End the Iran deal 
  • Attack ISIS directly and also remove Assad from power through a coalition of Arab countries
  • Start to be much more critical about the Russian relationship and also take on the Chinese who are apparently ripping off the USA on numerous financial areas

Just these points alone are enough to completely change the global dynamics of the world, new groups of ideological consensus would be formed and things would be very tense...surly you can agree no one wants a world where Russia is aligned with Iran and they both really dislike the West even more ?

John Milton 

Sure, I'll explain

• End the Iran deal 
  • Attack ISIS directly and also remove Assad from power through a coalition of Arab countries
  • Start to be much more critical about the Russian relationship and also take on the Chinese who are apparently ripping off the USA on numerous financial areas

Just these points alone are enough to completely change the global dynamics of the world, new groups of ideological consensus would be formed and things would be very tense...surly you can agree no one wants a world where Russia is aligned with Iran and they both really dislike the West even more ?

Well...that doesn't change any western influence for the worse, so we're just back to nitpicking the finer details. Aligning with Iran before the Russians do should be a top priority though, and i am not talking about through some petty Realpolitik revolution, but rather a normalization of relations. The next generation is veeeery secular and likes freedom, rock 'n roll and bubblegum and almost threw out the old leadership by themselves a few years ago. All they need is to be treated seriously and respectfully as any other nation and they will be an ally within a generation. That way the only card that the Russians have, simply not being USA, will be then proven useless. At the same time the influence of Israel goes back to a normal country and Saudi as well, and they hate it that and effectively lobby against any Iranian normalisation.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The modern right-wing in a nutshell.

Oh you sensitive little pink flower. Did it hurt you? Want me to kiss you or hug? I mean poor little man...

Oh just ignore him Dark, you know Baro lives in Oz and suffers from " first world privileged blindness "  

A  hard day for them is where the local sheep runs rampant in the " Save The Deadly Creature Protest " and disrupts all the interesting explanation around why the most poisonous creature in the world, an Australian Box Jellyfish, needs special protection from being killed  :teehee:

John Milton 

• End the Iran deal 

Look, WWIII has been coming for quite a while. We just need to get over with so that history can continue and we can have WWIV.

Also, Hillary said that she would break communications with Russia so she is also a prime candidate for starting a World War. Which; let's be frank, will likely happen when a Muslim extremist bombs Israel and they enact their Samson option.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

• End the Iran deal 

Look, WWIII has been coming for quite a while. We just need to get over with so that history can continue and we can have WWIV.

Also, Hillary said that she would break communications with Russia so she is also a prime candidate for starting a World War. Which; let's be frank, will likely happen when a Muslim extremist bombs Israel and they enact their Samson option.

You joking right?.....You exaggerating with this post  :skeptical:

John Milton 

John Milton 

Obviously Putin wants a more worthy opponent.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

When Putin wants a worthy opponent he just looks in the mirror.

//edit: I am more worried about the future leaders of the next generation emerging from the universities: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/16/yale-fail-ivy-leaguers-caught-on-video-clamoring-to-kill-first-amendment/

Dude, a continuous litany of fauxnews and daily fail articles? At best you'll give yourself an ulcer worrying about bollocks designed to get page views from knee jerk reactionary morons, at worst you'll rot your brain worse than a gallon of methanol a day and spread the infection like a slavering zombie biting poor innocents and giving them a yearning for poorly written absymally 'researched' pseudo journalistic crack equivalent. They're a gateway drug to Alex Jones, Breitbart et alia. Just Say No to Stupid Fear Mongering; it's time to declare a War on Clickbait; Friends Don't Let Friends Read the Daily Fail or Fauxnews (Unironically, At Least).

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 2

Dude, a continuous litany of fauxnews and daily fail articles? At best you'll give yourself an ulcer worrying about bollocks designed to get page views from knee jerk reactionary morons, at worst you'll rot your brain worse than a gallon of methanol a day and spread the infection like a slavering zombie biting poor innocents and giving them a yearning for poorly written absymally 'researched' pseudo journalistic crack equivalent. They're a gateway drug to Alex Jones, Breitbart et alia. Just Say No to Stupid Fear Mongering; it's time to declare a War on Clickbait; Friends Don't Let Friends Read the Daily Fail or Fauxnews (Unironically, At Least).

You sound like one of those "Choose life"-kinda guys now with phrases like "spreading infections" and "gateway drugs" :p The media climate is so streamlined that you pretty much have reach out to the edges to get anything other than the same pizza of opinions. Meanwhile, things like these get very little attention:

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/263626-pelosi-unsure-omnibus-can-pass

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/house-spending-tax-votes-216896

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

:lol:  This post would be funnier if it wasn't so absurd.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The media climate is so streamlined that you pretty much have reach out to the edges to get anything other than the same pizza of opinions.

Well yeah, the media landscape is garbage. But the Daily Fail and Rupert Murdoch aren't the edges by any stretch of the imagination, they're just mass market outrage bait and the opposite side of the coin from archetypal 'Nazi SJW Daily News' 'progressive' outrage bait, they could both just as easily be run by Gawker. They're as much part of the problem as the agenda pushing media you disagree with. It's infectiously stupid, lazy and designed to hook people just as much as any drug is.

I'm equal opportunity when it comes to media analysis; I hate the spineless, censorious, preachy 'progressive' press and the arbitrary, dishonest, differently preachy 'conservative' press with an equal passion; and both sides obsession with writing what might as well be fairy tale narratives rather than facts.