What constitutes a turn for the stronghold?

I.... don't know.  A "turn" back when I was running tabletop AD&D, I defined as one day of game time.  That was a VERY long time ago (mid 70s) and the game itself has changed all out of recognition.

I actually have no idea what a turn is in this game.

A "Turn" is an unnecessary mechanic that is only related to you Stronghold. It is not used in any other form of the game, but existed because of lack of oversight on design. I believe the Heinsenberg uncertainty principle comes closest to describing a turn.  You can either know WHEN a turn will  occur or HOW a turn will occur, but you can't know both.

A "Turn" is an unnecessary mechanic that is only related to you Stronghold. It is not used in any other form of the game, but existed because of lack of oversight on design. I believe the Heinsenberg uncertainty principle comes closest to describing a turn.  You can either know WHEN a turn will  occur or HOW a turn will occur, but you can't know both.

Is this related to the Schrodinger's Turn principle? This states that if a 'turn' and one copy of Pillars of Eternity are placed in a box, it could be both the current or next turn, and the only way of knowing which turn it is is to open the box.

Your fun is wrong.

Is this related to the Schrodinger's Turn principle? This states that if a 'turn' and one copy of Pillars of Eternity are placed in a box, it could be both the current or next turn, and the only way of knowing which turn it is is to open the box.

If you put it in a box it'll be both a turn and not a turn at the same time, because it'd be in a superstate and the only way to know is to open the box.

On a more serious note, in my experience it's both progress and game time. Constantly resting for example will only trigger tax collection and the hireling paydays.

Generally, most things that prompt a journal update for a Quest or Task will count as a Turn. It's not always 100% clear, but that's the gist of it.

I think it's finishing a quest that always counts as a turn while journal updates generally have a chance to do so.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.