Music. Must. Go on!

Blarghagh

While i might play mostly different kinds of metal on my electric guitars, i always go back to Knopfler now and then for pure creative joy. His style of playing simply has that base swing that you cannot help not to play along with. Every time i feel like i have no inspiration, i always put on some Dire Straits and play along with a childish bliss.

Case in point:

and the best version of Sultans

(That drummer is NUTS)

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Best cover of Eye of the Tiger ever. Amazing players.

As a matter of technical proficiency, probably.  But I've got to go with style over chops:

It's a scholcky song at it's core-- might as well turn the schlock up to 11.

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 2

great and unexpected covers are a special delight.

am a leadbelly fan who is not particular o' nirvana

possible best cover for us is 

am such a fan 'cause the original were 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

To keep with the them of great covers; will be posting a fair bit of these (be forewarned)

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

another fantastic cover... though am not sure if it actual counts as a cover.

is so many versions o' the song that to call "cover" o' such an old folk song is meaningless.

am actual not sure o' the folk song's origin, but am betting it predates guthrie and leadbelly.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Best cover of Eye of the Tiger ever. Amazing players.

As a matter of technical proficiency, probably.  But I've got to go with style over chops:

It's a scholcky song at it's core-- might as well turn the schlock up to 11.

It *is* a schlocky song for sure. But I think even more than that, it's a goddamn amazing melodyline.

This one is great also:

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

cover? yes.

am knowing The Band is a bit too hillbilly for the locals, but we like their cover o' atlantic city.

HA! Good Fun!