What you did today

Blarghagh

Every family has their black sheep. Actually, my immediate family (mother, father, brother, me) are by far the most normal in my extended family. On my mother's side, we currently have six generations because they breed like rabbits. Rabbits who live in trailer parks. On my father's side, I have sixteen aunts and uncles because the previous generations bred like rabbits. Two years ago, it was fifteen but then we found another one - my dad's brother's and sisters grew up in the system because they were taken away from their parents. We're kind of the lone white sheep in a horde of black sheep and the occassional goat.

My family are the black sheep and my brother WAS the uber black sheep among the black sheep. Basically my entire extended family (On my mother's side) are all very wealthy, successful, and well adjusted people. ONLY my mother is poor and kinda messed up. My older brother was unfortunate enough to have had a terrible childhood (mostly due to my monster of a father) and suffered from terrible mental illness that developed when he was 19. He became an alcoholic and was completely and hopelessly insane to the point of trying to kill me (the details of this attempt at my life are quite strange indeed). 

It actually worked out pretty well for him as trying to kill me was enough for him to get the medical treatment he so desperately needed. It's be 8 years and he's been fully and successfully rehabilitated, he is completely functional (even has a fiance now) and has a well paying full time job (he actually has more money than me). His story had a happy ending; there is hope for Bartimaeus' niece/nephews. Their crazy parents just need to TRY to kill them but screw it up and the evidence needs to be undeniable. Happened for me. Could happen for them too.

Wow. That is a lot of personal information I just put out there.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Wow. That sure puts things in perspective. I have issues but my dad never tried to kill me.

Also, it's pretty cool that he got the help he needed and recovered. Mental illness is no fun.

No fun at all.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

It actually worked out pretty well for him as trying to kill me was enough for him to get the medical treatment he so desperately needed. It's be 8 years and he's been fully and successfully rehabilitated, he is completely functional (even has a fiance now) and has a well paying full time job (he actually has more money than me). His story had a happy ending; there is hope for Bartimaeus' niece/nephews. Their crazy parents just need to TRY to kill them but screw it up and the evidence needs to be undeniable. Happened for me. Could happen for them too.

One of the parents literally died yesterday because of their lunacy...and so far, it doesn't seem to be having any effect upon them. :p If they had actually stayed dead, it would've made this situation a fair bit simpler...but alas, it seems it was not to be.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

One of the parents literally died yesterday because of their lunacy...and so far, it doesn't seem to be having any effect upon them. :p If they had actually stayed dead, it would've made this situation a fair bit simpler...but alas, it seems it was not to be.

My older brother had tried to kill himself only a few days before trying to kill me. His attempted suicide wasn't enough for anything to be done about his mental condition. It wasn't until he tried to kill others that action was finally taken. So again, those parents won't be dealt with until they start trying kill other people; at least that's my experience. With any luck they'll attempt to kill other people and fail like my brother did.

It's getting like RPG backstories here.

I'm just lucky in that most of my relatives, like my countrymen, are just disloyal snakes.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Can you ask them what they saw on "the other side". Im very curious to know. A tunnel of light? Terrible shadows of doom? Nothing at all?

I heard something about them having an out of body experience or something: don't know the full details. Sorry. tongue.png

@Namutree: unfortunately, 2 year olds are a little squishier than teenagers... tongue.png

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Can you ask them what they saw on "the other side". Im very curious to know. A tunnel of light? Terrible shadows of doom? Nothing at all?

@Namutree: unfortunately, 2 year olds are a little squishier than teenagers... tongue.png

Hopefully they won't target the kids. Maybe each other? 

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

Man, all this shait makes my life look super boring.

My life has been pretty boring after my crazy brother tried to kill me, and that's just the way I like it. Nice and boring. Video games and my own house; I'm in heaven.

• Like 1

Bummer. sad.png

I don't know anyone that's died and come back.

I know two...possibly three if you count an online friend. tongue.png

@Lexx: about the same as Namutree. Whenever horrible things haven't been happening in my life, it's otherwise been pretty unremarkable...unless you consider the occasional bouts of crippling depression (interspersed with the NON-crippling depression! :brows:) to be remarkable, but you know, I wouldn't. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

I know two...possibly three if you count an online friend. tongue.png

Well can you ask them whats waiting after death? I need to know if I can go for the life of sin, followed by a presto-change-o deathbed repentance, or if it doesn't matter because theres nothing after death. :p

All they'll remember is the euphoric state before death. They won't remember being dead.

All they'll remember is the euphoric state before death. They won't remember being dead.

Sweet sweet oxygen deprivation... Do you suppose that's the cause for those stories like: "I saw a beautifully tunnel of light and could see my passed away family members waiting." or "I was hovering over my own body." or "Terrible demons came to claim my soul."?

Sweet sweet oxygen deprivation... Do you suppose that's the cause for those stories like: "I saw a beautifully tunnel of light and could see my passed away family members waiting." or "I was hovering over my own body." or "Terrible demons came to claim my soul."?

Yes that is a very reasonable and likely reason for when people hallucinate during NDE ( near death experiences )

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes for all except the demons. Those ****s are real.

Yes that is a very reasonable and likely reason for when people hallucinate during NDE ( near death experiences )

I'm not a spiritual man so I would tend to agree but how to explain out of body experiences where the person can recount something they should not have been able to see unless they actually left their body?

Yes for all except the demons. Those ****s are real.

I'm not a spiritual man so I would tend to agree but how to explain out of body experiences where the person can recount something they should not have been able to see unless they actually left their body?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton%E2%80%93Babinski_syndrome

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yes I have also ruminated on that exact same thing, people describe looking down on there bodies and being able to describe the scene preciously . So there are several theories about this  and they all seem plausible. It really depends on the person 

For example, when in this NDE state some of  your senses are still in a state of perception...so you can still hear or at least recognize that there is activity around you even though  you are not conscious

But for me I believe a more extreme explanation which of course I can't prove conclusively. Its difficult to explain on a forum but I will try :geek:  Even though I am not a religious person I believe energy cannot be destroyed and when our physical bodies  die our souls\essence\sentience ( whatever you want to call it )  move onto a different vibration of energy that operates in a different realm that normal people cannot see...but there are some people that  are attuned to this vibration and can interact with this type of energy like psychics or dogs that can hear frequencies we can't ( ghosts would be also part of this...they are simply people whose energy hasn't  properly transformed to the next level and are trapped in a state of flux )

Anyway a NDE experience we are talking about  is just where this energy is  able to be aware of its surroundings, because this energy\soul\sentience has a form or real awareness. But then the body is revived so the energy\soul returns to the body and sometimes there are confused memories

This probably sounds confusing but I can explain in greater detail if required :geek:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Remembers me of a surgeon who put pictures of random places (Islands, deserts etc.) on the top of his OP-lamp, impossible to see for anyone. He said more than a few of his patients that were on the brink of death later asked him about the pictures.  Hm. 

I'll try to find the article. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.