Road to the White House 2016

ShadySands

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/06/27/bernie-sanders-history-raising-money-gop-presidential-candidate.html

Sanders has managed to out raise all current Republican candidates.

Rand Paul is still on the fence with TPP. He needs to make up his mind already.

I agree. That abomination needs to be stopped and I can't support anyone who would go for something like that.

Except for Trump of course, who I'd vote for to get Fallout IRL to happen.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Except for Trump of course, who I'd vote for to get Fallout IRL to happen.

Ha! I bet the Trump Tower will be involved in some side quest where you need to evict some ghouls.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

So Trump is playing the spoiler candidate yet again against the Republicans.

My conspiracy sense tells me that the big five families are behind this.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Remind me again what are the objectives of the big 5 families and who they are ?. I assume the Bush and Clintons are two?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Remind me again what are the objectives of the big 5 families and who they are ?. I assume the Bush and Clintons are two?

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

/??

That's good video, where is that from ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's from the movie "Network". It probably has the best script and dialogue out of any Hollywood film.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's from the movie "Network". It probably has the best script and dialogue out of any Hollywood film.

Nice, I'll watch it. I thought that clip was very evocative, insightful  and well acted...just the type of movie I enjoy

John Milton 

I know it's satire, and it does have a grain of truth in it, but really it's utter nonsense. Every country isn't part of some corporate order, far from it.

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I know it's satire, and it does have a grain of truth in it, but really it's utter nonsense. Every country isn't part of some corporate order, far from it.

I agree, of course big corporations don't control governments or are more important than governments

A good, bad or failed  government actually has a direct consequence to how effective corporations can ultimately function and grow 

Look at certain African countries that have basically corrupt leaders and see how much influence  big business has in those countries....very little because there isn't much point investing in those countries because of the risk 

But the movie still looks very good  8)

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

You guys don't get it. Trump is a lose cannon that would cause a diplomatic crisis at best or at worst, start a war because of reasons incomprohensive for any man. The establishment fears this and it amuses the common Joe to no end. He wouldn't be "one of the guys", as he would fire almost everyone possible and hire all kinds of weirdos. 

It would be the most funny ride to witness in a long time.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Maybe Donald Trump is just trying to raise the profile of the Republican party by being a heel like Vince McMahon?

If Vince ran it would be an entirely different race. Vince has 1000x the presence and Charisma that Trump has... I almost want to see that.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Maybe Donald Trump is just trying to raise the profile of the Republican party by being a heel like Vince McMahon?

If Vince ran it would be an entirely different race. Vince has 1000x the presence and Charisma that Trump has... I almost want to see that.

I think Trump views the political world like the Business one, where you can do or say what you want, but as long as you're an earner you're not harmed much by it. He expects he can walk into the Oval Office and lay down decrees like "Build a wall" or "don't tax business" and they'll be followed as long as they're good for the nation (or percieved that way). Except that he's ignoring congress as being the ones to actually be able to write law, and enact policy.

Either way, I think the reason the guy has any traction in the public opinion sphere is because he's the name that stands out the most, in comparison to the others in his race. He appeals heavily to the base because he's the type of guy who says what they're thinking and doesn't care about he consequences, but if he gets into a debate with anyone (like a legit political debate, not a shoutfest) he'll get demolished by those he's up against because, even if they're idiots and jerks, politicians are nothing if not able to argue.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/poll-trump-surges-to-big-lead-in-gop-presidential-race/2015/07/20/efd2e0d0-2ef8-11e5-8f36-18d1d501920d_story.html

I was only joking when I said " so who is going to vote for Trump " but despite his antics and offensive bravado he is leading the Republican nomination race by a considerable lead

Surly we aren't  suggesting this means he may actually win the GOP  presidential race? I am amazed by his support and I can only assume that people like the fact he just says what he wants, irrespective of the politically correct aspect ....but as time goes on his popularity will wane as people take a more reasonable and analytical view of what his policies mean or how they would be meaningfully implemented 

So why does he have such support and is it sustainable ?

John Milton 

The guy has alienated Mexican Americans and veterans.  I'm guessing he will implode somewhat soon.  The election is a long ways off.

It would be a travesty if he was nominated, because there is no way he will win the general election.  I think the Republican party has a fairly high chance of beating Clinton if they can field a decent candidate and not self destruct.

I think Trump should always be referred to as WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump.

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The guy has alienated Mexican Americans and veterans.  I'm guessing he will implode somewhat soon.  The election is a long ways off.

It would be a travesty if he was nominated, because there is no way he will win the general election.  I think the Republican party has a fairly high chance of beating Clinton if they can field a decent candidate and not self destruct.

Yeah its interesting, we all seem to have the same general view of Trump " ha ha...its Trump. Look at the silly things he says...he has NO chance"

Yet his support makes me wonder if we all aren't missing something. Anyway it is early in the GOP presidential race so I am sure he will implode on his own 

John Milton 

Yeah its interesting, we all seem to have the same general view of Trump " ha ha...its Trump. Look at the silly things he says...he has NO chance"

Yet his support makes me wonder if we all aren't missing something. Anyway it is early in the GOP presidential race so I am sure he will implode on his own 

It's his inhabitation to speak his mind that brings him support, especially in polls when other candidates try to be somewhat careful with what they say, currently he eats support from Ted Crush, Chris Cristine, and Rand Paul who have previously been those candidates who have seen most politically incorrect. Also Jeb Bush has lost his support in polls, but that is probably more because it took so long from him to decide that he will run and he has been very conservative in giving any statements of anything. Contrarians, which is role that Trump seems to play, always find their support, but usually they can't persuade majority of population to change their opinions of things, which is usually needed if one wants to be president, in parliament/congress/senate/etc. elections contrarians usually have easier time to become elected.

• Like 1

I think you also have to remember that some people will support Trump simply because he is someone who could fund his campaign by himself; people see him as someone who isn't influenced by outside special interests or having to submit to the party line, play nice, or otherwise engage the Republican leadership if he doesn't want to.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well I certainly never understood the reputation Trump has for being a self made man.  His father was the one who built a real estate empire from the ground up, not him.  He nearly bankrupt it.  He deserves credit for rebounding and building it back up, sure, but he still started the game with a significant advantage. 

• Like 4