Road to the White House 2016

ShadySands

So... apparently Rand Paul is going to use the Patriot Act to try to catapult himself in the polls. Trying to Filibuster it against the republican party to prevent it's extension.

No surprise there. Hopefully he succeeds and we don't get an extension of that garbage tier bill. If he exploits his success to get more votes I wouldn't complain.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

What's Paul Rand's position about about TPP/TIPP?

Bernie Sanders is already against it, but more the merrier.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

He's for it, and voted Yes to pass it.

Screen-Shot-2015-05-15-at-11.37.17-AM.pn

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Uh? Is he a flip-fliper or is he just against the fast track procedure? I am bit confused of the nuances here...if there are any.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Uh? Is he a flip-fliper or is he just against the fast track procedure? I am bit confused of the nuances here...if there are any.

He's against the fast track procedure and hasn't stated whether or not he supports the TPP. We'll find out in the near future though.

• Like 2

This isn't a direct vote for the TPP. He could still vote against it.

Good news everyone! http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32955048

Well, at least temporarily.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Should be noted that Paul managed to Kill the Patriot Act.

Well he didn't kill it, he refused to agree to extend all its provisions so certain components of the Patriot Act have lapsed.  Despite objections from certain  fellow Republicans

But final approval of the USA Freedom Act will be postponed till later this week

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/pols-spar-sunday-night-vote-patriot-act-renewal-article-1.2241822

I'm not sure why Rand Paul thinks he knows more about what is best for the security of the USA compared to the NSA or CIA which have condemned this lack of agreement to extend the Patriot Act?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Would you really expect any agency to say they don't need funding/headcount/programs?

As to their effectiveness, a lot of doubts have been cast

links

links

links

links

Interesting links, I'll go through these 

And no...I suppose no agency would say that :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Would you really expect any agency to say they don't need funding/headcount/programs?

As to their effectiveness, a lot of doubts have been cast

links

links

links

links

I went through these links and they all seem to raise a similar issue. That parts of the Prism program haven't been effective in actually arresting anyone or leading to new evidence that has then meant people could be arrested. So the question of why have it if it doesn't really make the USA safer is valid

The only criticism I would have of this view is 

• All the links except for one are 12-15 months so maybe things have changed and it is more effective ? I don't know about this one as the one recent link paints the same picture around the ineffectiveness of the program
  • Its possible the USA intelligence agencies gather other pertinent information that is not necessarily related to the actual arrests of people but rather real information gathering around various extremist groups ? 

John Milton 

I'm not sure why Rand Paul thinks he knows more about what is best for the security of the USA compared to the NSA or CIA which have condemned this lack of agreement to extend the Patriot Act?

1: He has an opinion, they have an opinion. Neither side KNOWS what's best for security. The NSA does not have an amazing record and neither does the CIA for that matter. 

2: I can assure that even if the NSA knew that the patriot act was bad for security; they would still want it extended. People like to feel important and most in government (at least 90%) will support any policy (even policies they KNOW are bad) which gives them and their friends more power.

3: There are more issues than security involved in this situation. The patriot act infringes on privacy and violates some of the principles that are the very foundation of the US. 

Screw the patriot act, and screw the traitors that signed it into law (and voted for it).

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 2

Oh, what the times have changed. Kennedy though that he knew better than CIA and the rest:

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Politics is a round object I guess. If you go far enough to the right you find yourself agree with the left on a of of things! :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

He did vote against the "Freedom Act" as well, since it didn't go far enough.

I do hope for a Sanders vs Paul as final candidates.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Thing about Sanders is that he's not fighting with anyone over political talking points. He doesn't need to separate himself from Clinton or deal with anyone on the right simply because the democratic field is so small and the Republicans are doing his job for him with Clinton. He's perfectly capable of just hanging out and telling his own narrative isntead of having to defend one line out of context from six years ago like his opponent.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

By bet: In the end it will be Walker, Rubio or Bush against Hillary.

How much was the bet?

If it is going to be Bush vs. Clinton, it is going to be a groan/cringefest. I am hoping for Rand vs. Warren.

Warren has a better chance than Paul of getting nominated for candidate, that only hinges on Hillary ****ing up in some way. Paul has foreign policy views that is unacceptable to large parts of the Republican establishment. Santa Claus has a bigger chance of getting the Republican nomination.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

The editorial in today's Commercial Appeal predicted the next President of the US is not currently running.

wouldn't hurt my feelings if true.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Since Bioware chose to make Cassandra Pentaghast look like a man and toss a transgender into the game for no good reason, I'm voting for any republican in 2016.

• Like 1

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.