Bruce Jenner "comes out" as female...

FaustianEchoes

Not that I can think of. Though, unless he has somehow shed all Y chromosomes he is still male. An intensely ugly abomination of a male.

It's the cruelest thing to let these people mutilate themselves instead of treating them... who's bright idea was it to tack T onto L G and B?

What did I expect clicking on this thread title?

The unpleasant truth?

More like gossiping.

If you have any actual topic to debate rather than Bruce Jenner transition such as transgender issues or whether or not it is a mental disorder then please state that intent on the OP. I can't say that I ever watched the Kardashians or cared about their continued existence.

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

What did I expect clicking on this thread title?

The unpleasant truth?

More like gossiping.

If you have any actual topic to debate rather than Bruce Jenner transition such as transgender issues or whether or not it is a mental disorder then please state that intent on the OP. I can't say that I ever watched the Kardashians or cared about their continued existence.

Bruce Jenner is just another victim of the radical lefts misguided views of gender dysmorphia.

One day transition surgery will be written next to electroshock therapy, lobotomy, and ADD.

Edited by FaustianEchoes

Seems like a bit of a non-event for the world at large, really. Great for him to get what he wants done to be done.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Who? and why should anyone care?

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Untreated mental heath disorders shouldn't end in mutilation because of misguided political correctness.

Do better. As it stands now, you can apply that argument to anything.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There was a good response from a trans person to an ELI5 about it. Basically, there is little current psychotherapy can do for it with our current understanding, so gender reassignment is really the only way to let them feel like they're normal. They have to undergo a lot of assessment and therapy before its considered, and is used as a last resort.

It was a good response because unlike a lot of the talk nowadays it was recognized as a mental illness instead of "how dare you talk like we're not normal"

The current celebratory attitude towards it baffles me though. Its like saying" oh how brave it is for you to come out as a schizophrenic, we need more schizophrenic representation in the media. "

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

There was a good response from a trans person to an ELI5 about it. Basically, there is little current psychotherapy can do for it with our current understanding, so gender reassignment is really the only way to let them feel like they're normal. They have to undergo a lot of assessment and therapy before its considered, and is used as a last resort.

It was a good response because unlike a lot of the talk nowadays it was recognized as a mental illness instead of "how dare you talk like we're not normal"

The current celebratory attitude towards it baffles me though. Its like saying" oh how brave it is for you to come out as a schizophrenic, we need more schizophrenic representation in the media. "

That's fine and I understand, but the way our medical understanding progresses, I don't think we should be condoning things like this...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sex-change-treatment-for-kids-on-the-rise/

Untreated mental heath disorders shouldn't end in mutilation because of misguided political correctness.

Take your straw man somewhere else, guy.

Edited by FaustianEchoes

Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum.

Yeah, well, we wouldn't have lost if you hadn't insisted on not using vaseline.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Take your straw man somewhere else, guy.

No.

Either you provide links to substantiate your claim or you provide a rational/logical argument. Oerwinde could do it, and so can you.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Query: if a man were born without hands, and wanted hands is that body dismorphia?

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't know enough about the science of why it happens. But would I be correct in thinking that research into "fixing" the issue (meaning reconciling who you think you are with who you were born as) is probably a no no because it's not politically correct?

I don't know enough about the science of why it happens. But would I be correct in thinking that research into "fixing" the issue (meaning reconciling who you think you are with who you were born as) is probably a no no because it's not politically correct?

Yes, if it results in a conclusion that isn't liked.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I think these people would be happier if there was a legitimate way to do that.

But this is probably not ok to say so these days...

I'd say this is the same argument as "gays are unnatural", but the OP probably thinks that, too.

He is quoting Milo word for word who is a hypocrite on the issue. If transgenderism is not natural then so is his homosexuality.

Edited by Fighter

I think these people would be happier if there was a legitimate way to do that.

But this is probably not ok to say so these days...

Yep. As it stands, transitional surgery can cause extreme damage in the case of MtF and if suicide rates are any indication it is not a perfect treatment for those who want it.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It's a no-no because "fixing it" assumes there's something that is broken — that may or may not be the case. Let's first complete the research into how it works, then move on to research how it's supposed to work, and once we have adequate answers to those questions, we'll be in a position to judge if it needs repairing.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.