Questions to Dev's - take 3

*Ahem*

Malak is perfectly correct when he says "a Jedi and a war hero"

You are a Jedi and Bastila and Carth are both war-hero’s, as in a way is Candorouse (sp?)

Some would try and counter this by pointing out the part where Malak says "her companions are nothing to me but I want the woman; alive if possible" (Or something like that); however he is known to think you less than nothing and may very well have that kind of attitude towards his mind crippled (in his eyes anyway) ex-master.

*sigh*

ged, when Saul told Malak he'd be interested in what Calo had to say about Bastila's other companions, he was talking about you. Carth and Bastila are both important; Malak knows about them. Until Calo tells Malak about you (after that cutscene), Malak thinks you are dead. Therefore, you can't be the Jedi that he's talking about. And Canderous was never mentioned at all in the dialogue, while they talked a bit about Carth. Carth is reasonably well known, while Canderous is a nobody (he's working for a crime lord on a backwater planet; big deal).

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

*sigh*

ged, when Saul told Malak he'd be interested in what Calo had to say about Bastila's other companions, he was talking about you.  Carth and Bastila are both important; Malak knows about them.  Until Calo tells Malak about you (after that cutscene), Malak thinks you are dead.  Therefore, you can't be the Jedi that he's talking about.  And Canderous was never mentioned at all in the dialogue, while they talked a bit about Carth.  Carth is reasonably well known, while Canderous is a nobody (he's working for a crime lord on a backwater planet; big deal).

but after that saul said you will be in treaged(sp?) to hear about bastalas(sp?) other companyans(sp?)...out of the ear of the common solder(sp?)...

Well, considering the lengths Malak went after the Leviathion to keep your identity a secret, he obviously considers Revan a touchy subject; Saul, being smart, considers it touchy as well. So when he decided to reveal your presence in the galaxy to Malak, he wanted to do it in private. Makes sense, doesn't it? Or, Malak could have just made a big announcement to his Sith troops (with odd views on how leadership works):

"Hey guys, you know the person who was a better leader than I could ever hope to be? Yeah, the one whose ship I had shot at for me while Jedi attacked it. Hey! You in the back! I have Force Sense, I heard that crack about that making me a puss! Anyway, back on topic: It appears I didn't do my job well enough, and now he's joined the Republic. I would like you all to attack and kill the rightful leader of the Sith (who can and will rip you limb from limb) mmmmmmkay please thank-you buh-bye!"

Also note that if Malak didn't tell them it was you, they wouldn't know, because of the mask.

By the way:

Intrigued

Bastila

Companions

And yes, that quote of Malak's was intensely fun to write. :D

Well, considering the lengths Malak went after the Leviathion to keep your identity a secret, he obviously considers Revan a touchy subject; Saul, being smart, considers it touchy as well.  So when he decided to reveal your presence in the galaxy to Malak, he wanted to do it in private.  Makes sense, doesn't it?  Or, Malak could have just made a big announcement to his Sith troops (with odd views on how leadership works):

"Hey guys, you know the person who was a better leader than I could ever hope to be?  Yeah, the one whose ship I had shot at for me while Jedi attacked it.  Hey!  You in the back!  I have Force Sense, I heard that crack about that making me a puss!  Anyway, back on topic: It appears I didn't do my job well enough, and now he's joined the Republic.  I would like you all to attack and kill the rightful leader of the Sith (who can and will rip you limb from limb) mmmmmmkay please thank-you buh-bye!"

Also note that if Malak didn't tell them it was you, they wouldn't know, because of the mask.

By the way:

Intrigued

Bastila

Companions

And yes, that quote of Malak's was intensely fun to write.  :D

I think u missed my point totaly...

i was saying that malak did not even know that reven was still a live at that point. ;)

Well I got to write my Malak quote, one way or annother. That makes me happy. :p

Sorry, but your post made no sense if you're already aware of that. Because I, too, had said that he didn't know you were alive.

I'm kind of in the habit of assuming that if you quote someone, you're refuting what they say unless you say something along the lines of "that's right."

Oh yeah, and I also come from forums where we don't quote entire freaking posts just to addess one part of it. This ENTIRE FORUM does that...

Will the game feature some Doomsday device? ANH and RotJ SW movies both had the Death Star, but it was SW:ESB that rates my fave of the three. Not even sure why, but the uber weapon just didn't factor into it. I'm hoping SW:KotOR TSL will (as the title suggests) focus more on engaging the Sith Lords than taking on some super battle station. Not that KotOR's Star Forge sequence was bad (that whole space battle thing was entertaining - at least the SF wasn't equipped with some kind of super cannon that could take out capital ships with one shot), but I think I'd rather have more space battles of the 'regular' variety (like the opening sequence to KotOR - seeing those Sith fighters out the bridge viewports of the 'Spire was cool).

On a related note, if we get stuck in a space battle, will you be able to actually show enemy fighters strafing our craft through its viewports? I remember hanging around on the bridge of the Endar Spire just to see if I'd see one of those fighters do a 90 degree turn and strafe the bridge! :ph34r: :p I was just itching to see that and have that real sense of - " ;) Crap! Let's get the heck out of here!" (Now there's incentive to use the escape pods! :lol:)

Can we have a Pink lightsaber PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE

*Gets down on Knees and begs* :p

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

just wondering has anything been said about upgrading weapons and armour and stuff because last time it was very limited you could only upgrade items which had a special name and that was annoying if you just wanted to uprade a virbroblade so has anything been said?

Since this thread seems to be dead in the water, let's use it to wonder for a bit: why aren't the developers posting? Is it crunch time for KOTOR II, and they don't have any time to post? Are they just bored with feeding the hungry masses with pitiful scraps of information?

My vote is for the former.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

will there be cheats for TSL on the Xbox? Will FLU still be in or is it gone? If any cheats what kind will there be?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png