Questions to Dev's - take 3

I read in other thread that there will be diferent fighting styles for the lightsaber wich is great B), now my question is will there be the Count Dooku style from Ep II? and if it is will there also be the option to create a lightsaber like the one he has?

jedimaster.jpg

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere else, but I'm too lazy to execute a search :D . I'm wondering if one of the requirements to become a Jedi Master will be the training of an apprentice to Jedi Knight status. Presumably the Sith would have a similar restriction before attaining the title of Sith Master.

If that's the case it would be entertaining to take on a padawan and train them to pass the trials. The interaction with an NPC apprentice could add considerable depth to the game. I have to admit, I found Episode I's most enjoyable moments

to be when Qui Gon (sp?) and Obi-wan (sp?) were in action (or even just talking) together.

In fact, the other side of the coin could be just as entertaining. SWKotOR had that training session but it was too short for my tastes. Being a Jedi apprentice with no master kind of sucked (although that short narrative and the conversations with the Masters on the council were enjoyable enough).

Which brings up something else, I thought Padawan=apprentice? :rolleyes: Aren't they supposed to award you the title of "Jedi Knight" :unsure: after you pass the trials? Someone's gonna mention some kind of source material or junk <_< , but I don't buy that 4000 yrs routine. After all, the Jedi have been around for at least 25 000 yrs (I'm guessing it was considerably longer, considering they were Defenders of the Republic for 1000 generations). And the fundamentals behind their order wouldn't seem likely to change over the course of several thousand years considering that Jedi living 800+ years isn't unheard of ;) (you'd figure there's at least a couple of those Yoda-types at any point in the last 25 000 yrs, otherwise we wouldn't likely have Yoda in the SW movies :p ).

On a tangent, Jedi get the Jedi Knight title after passing the trials, but the Sith seem to jump to Dark Lord (or Darth?) of the Sith.

Oh one other thing. It's been stated that the PC starts off as a Jedi, I'm guessing we start off as an apprentice prior to taking on the trials. If that's the case, I wonder who our master will be? I wouldn't mind being a padawan to Master Vandar. Heck, I'd settle for being an apprentice to that antagonistic fellow on the Jedi Council (his name escapes me at the moment, but he was the one that was unusually hostile to the PC in SWKotOR - although we find out later why). Actually, I think the opportunity for some humour would result with that kind of pairing.

Which brings up another question. Will we be seeing any of the council members? I suppose at the beginning of the game, we'll find out how many of the Jedi on the Council survived (I'm hoping all of them, that Twi-lek (sp?) Jedi Master was pretty cool).

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere else, but I'm too lazy to execute a search  :D . I'm wondering if one of the requirements to become a Jedi Master will be the training of an apprentice to Jedi Knight status. Presumably the Sith would have a similar restriction before attaining the title of Sith Master.

If that's the case it would be entertaining to take on a padawan and train them to pass the trials. The interaction with an NPC apprentice could add considerable depth to the game. I have to admit, I found Episode I's most enjoyable moments

to be when Qui Gon (sp?) and Obi-wan (sp?) were in action (or even just talking) together.

In fact, the other side of the coin could be just as entertaining. SWKotOR had that training session but it was too short for my tastes. Being a Jedi apprentice with no master kind of sucked (although that short narrative and the conversations with the Masters on the council were enjoyable enough).

Which brings up something else, I thought Padawan=apprentice?  :( Aren't they supposed to award you the title of "Jedi Knight"  ;) after you pass the trials? Someone's gonna mention some kind of source material or junk <_< , but I don't buy that 4000 yrs routine. After all, the Jedi have been around for at least 25 000 yrs (I'm guessing it was considerably longer, considering they were Defenders of the Republic for 1000 generations). And the fundamentals behind their order wouldn't seem likely to change over the course of several thousand years considering that Jedi living 800+ years isn't unheard of  ;) (you'd figure there's at least a couple of those Yoda-types at any point in the last 25 000 yrs, otherwise we wouldn't likely have Yoda in the SW movies  :p ).

On a tangent, Jedi get the Jedi Knight title after passing the trials, but the Sith seem to jump to Dark Lord (or Darth?) of the Sith.

Oh one other thing. It's been stated that the PC starts off as a Jedi, I'm guessing we start off as an apprentice prior to taking on the trials. If that's the case, I wonder who our master will be? I wouldn't mind being a padawan to Master Vandar. Heck, I'd settle for being an apprentice to that antagonistic fellow on the Jedi Council (his name escapes me at the moment, but he was the one that was unusually hostile to the PC in SWKotOR - although we find out later why). Actually, I think the opportunity for some humour would result with that kind of pairing.

Which brings up another question. Will we be seeing any of the council members? I suppose at the beginning of the game, we'll find out how many of the Jedi on the Council survived (I'm hoping all of them, that Twi-lek (sp?) Jedi Master was pretty cool).

You should have posted in this topic. ;)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I don't think Akari would answer that question since it's story-based; the best place to ask it seems to be here.

Oh well, since the other thread's locked anyways, may as well post another question here. I've been wondering, there are 3 Sith Lords in this game, right? Will one of them be Revan? Is it even a possibility? :ph34r:

I don't keep up with the gaming news, and I am not going to wade through a bazillion posts (despite having a search function that can cut through a lion's share of garbage - I'm just too lazy :D ).

{Aside: Besides, I feel it's Obsidian's fault :mellow: for putting that dinky level thing in. Now people are tempted to post nonsense just to earn some seniority ... Or is that how that level thing works? :lol: }

I think it would be cool if he (or she) is the head honcho. It would be surreal facing Revan at the finale of KotOR 2:TSL. And also a mark of pride to see Revan has made it to the top (albeit the top of the Dark Side). I wonder if I'd even be able to strike him down if he is at the finale.

{Aside: I wonder if I could bring myself to, even if I was able ...}

• [Me]
    • Walking up a metal walkway to the last Sith Lord's throne. The throne turns and a Vader-esque figure rises and gazes steadily down as the PC halts and looks up. The figure removes his (her) mask ...

[Me]

• "It's you .... I never thought it would come to this (shakes head sadly) ... I've come too far, and there's no turning back."

[Revan]

• "....."

Heck, I think there's possibilities even if he isn't one of the Sith Lords. :ph34r:

WIll we be able to choose what color our lightsaber is. I knnow we'll be able to change the color crystals but if I start off as a sentinel, will my char's lightsaber(the one the order took from him when he left then Jedi) be yellow when I get it "back" or if I answer the questions Atton or whoever asks can it be blue or green?

WIll we be able to choose what color our lightsaber is. I knnow we'll be able to change the color crystals but if I start off as a sentinel, will my char's lightsaber(the one the order took from him when he left then Jedi) be yellow when I get it "back" or if I answer the questions Atton or whoever asks can it be blue or green?

Akari addresses this in "Weekend Programmer #3". He answers a lot a questions that are on this thread there.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

In the films Jedi do occasionally get their sabers a bit biffed/destroyed/stolen/lost. Does the game in any way reflect this by the players current saber being removed or affected either in battle or plot to such an extent as they have to build a new one.

Also with the whole hilts thing, do we just pick them off corpses like in KOTOR or can we actually build entirely new ones (this is not a question on hilt customisation as such).

Is sion an assassin, in terms of prestige classes?

I doubt you will get an answer to that question because I think it would fall along the lines of story/ press release info.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Okay, there was one thing that seriously bugged me in KotOR, and that was those blasted (and dreaded) "Instant Death Triggers". The first was when I tried to wipe the floor with ... what was that guy's name? ... Calo Nord? The bounty hunter dude that counts to three and wastes people (*grumble* b@$t@rd's lucky he didn't pull that stunt when he was with Davik :angry: , or maybe I'm the lucky the one! :) ). Anywho the other was bull rushing the Sand People's front door (what's the point if we can't engage in a little bust-the-front-door-down-I'm-gonna-go-nuclear-on-y'all action B) ). And the last that I remember was the Krayt (sp?) Dragon (hey, I wanted to mount that thing's head in my cabin in the 'Hawk - doubt it would fit, but I wanted the option of trying ... :) ). I was thinking that battle would have rocked, but all I get was some cheesy death scene.

Well, to cut my ranting short; will those "Instant Death" bits be in SW:KotOR? I found them to be annoying, but I could see why some parts may be necessary. I mean if they didn't put that in - and I aced that bounty hunter in the cantina - than I wouldn't have got that hilarious exchange between him and Malak (sp?).

• [Malak?]
    • A Jedi and a war hero? It's a wonder you survived the encounter.
      (I guess my character was just "pepper in the stew" <_< )

[Nord?]

• I'm hard to kill Lord Malak.

Did you ever note that you HAVE to have Canderous with you. Meaning you can only take Carth OR Bastila (or neither of them). So it wasn't a Jedi and a war hero. It was one or neither.

You'd think Bioware would have put some effort into the cutscenes...

And yes, I talk about them like this on their forums too.

Obsidian: You guys will put more effort into the cutscenes, right? Please?

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out