A few thoughts on new info...

Well, at this rate, we just won't hear anything for a long time...

And then, all of a sudden, come Christmas...

KOTOR2

Out of the blue!

No hints, no info, no nothing! Just silence until the game suddenly appears on amazon.com! Tada!

What do you think of that!?

"You shall not pass!"

KOTOR2

Out of the blue!

No hints, no info, no nothing! Just silence until the game suddenly appears on amazon.com! Tada!

on one hand it would suck, because we wouldn't know anything about it really. On the other it would be great because everything would be a new discovery. But then agian if I wanted everything to be a big discovery I wouldn't be on these boards now would I? but I guess its up to the marketing team as to what we hear so lets hope they are kind enough to atleast give us some more info before all of us go nuts.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

KOTOR2

Out of the blue!

I just hope that when there is "new info", that the "new info" doesn't happen to be LucasArts announcing TSL is delayed by a year.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

KOTOR2

Out of the blue!

I'm hoping that the long drought will end with an Official Sith Lords site up and running.

on one hand it would suck, because we wouldn't know anything about it really. On the other it would be great because everything would be a new discovery. But then agian if I wanted everything to be a big discovery I wouldn't be on these boards now would I? but I guess its up to the marketing team as to what we hear so lets hope they are kind enough to atleast give us some more info before all of us go nuts.

Sadly some of us have already gone of the deep end.

I knew nothing about Kotor when I bought it, except that it was a Star Wars RPG. I hadn't followed its progress or read the Bioware forums so everything was a surprise to me. Everything! I like surprises. If the next 3 months pass with NO new info I won't complain. In fact, I'll be happy. The info we've had so far has whet my appetite for Kotor2 without giving too much away. That's sufficient.

I supposes that if it means the game gets out sooner then I'll be happy.

As it is, I think we're all just going to go INSANE.

Has it been proven...

Do Crazy People buy more video games, or less?

The current amount of info is good as it is, (except for maybe revealing a cameo appearance :p), there's alot other games worth playing right now.

I'm currently enjoying a game of Thief III.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

• 2 weeks later...

there are times this whole reality really drives me mad. tasting 'bits' of the game (not just kotor2, but them all), longing to see the next fistful of screenshots released, and knowing the release date is still far off (ie: nwn2 in 2006)... so i get pissed and stop caring about 'sneak peek' and 'exclusive interview' and 'e3 footage' and 'developer pre-alpha 0.00000002h', i focus on the games i'm currently playing and care no more about what is to be in the future. then the dark side of the games takes over again, and i wander the net looking for every single tiny insignificant piece of news/screenshot/movie/whatnot about the game.

i'm being driven crazy!

there are times this whole reality really drives me mad. tasting 'bits' of the game (not just kotor2, but them all), longing to see the next fistful of screenshots released, and knowing the release date is still far off (ie: nwn2 in 2006)... so i get pissed and stop caring about 'sneak peek'  and 'exclusive interview' and 'e3 footage' and 'developer pre-alpha 0.00000002h', i focus on the games i'm currently playing and care no more about what is to be in the future. then the dark side of the games takes over again, and i wander the net looking for every single tiny insignificant piece of news/screenshot/movie/whatnot about the game.

i'm being driven crazy!

Dude, it's just a game, allthough the game will probably be worth playing (a lot actually) these forums are alle about creating a feeling of anticipation so everybody will buy a copy. In addition to being addicted to kotor 2 information I would reccomend a real world addiction that will not let you down, like alcohol. :)

The current amount of info is good as it is, (except for maybe revealing a cameo appearance ;)), there's alot other games worth playing right now.

Like...? No game I'm waiting for will be released within the next two months, so imagine how starved I am now.. :lol:.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

The current amount of info is good as it is, (except for maybe revealing a cameo appearance :)), there's alot other games worth playing right now.

Like...? No game I'm waiting for will be released within the next two months, so imagine how starved I am now.. :rolleyes:.

Right now: Doom III

September 14th: Fable

November 9th: Halo 2

Sometime this fall: Bloodlines, HL2

...and then, finally KotOR II :)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The current amount of info is good as it is, (except for maybe revealing a cameo appearance :)), there's alot other games worth playing right now.

Like...? No game I'm waiting for will be released within the next two months, so imagine how starved I am now.. :rolleyes:.

I have to agree with Dark Wanderer, the only game is K2, i'm not interested in the rest. I am waiting for Jade Empire but that has been put back to Feb.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I have to agree with Dark Wanderer, the only game is K2, i'm not interested in the rest. I am waiting for Jade Empire but that has been put back to Feb.

Well, your loss then :)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The current amount of info is good as it is, (except for maybe revealing a cameo appearance ;)), there's alot other games worth playing right now.

Like...? No game I'm waiting for will be released within the next two months, so imagine how starved I am now.. ;).

Well, your loss then ;)

Not really, how can i loose out on something that i dont care about?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!